Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 02-25-2013, 7:12 PM
CGN Contributor

Default Lee bulge buster

Just order a Lee bulge buster it was hard to find. I found it on ebay that was the only place that had it, everything is gone it sucks.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:16 AM

Yah tell me about it. I can't find anything I need right now. I started reloading when 0bama was elected last time and I couldn't find any ammo. It's a lot worse this time around and I just bought a rifle in a new caliber before the panic and can't get ammo/components. I guess I'll just have to wait a couple years to go shoot it...
Old 02-26-2013, 2:40 PM
CGN Contributor

I know I feel sorry for all the people that have bought new firearms and can't get ammo. All the reloading equipment it is all gone, I found some things to day at www.madcammando.com and tax returns are comming in.
Old 02-26-2013, 2:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!

i think if you buy the factory crimp die and take out the innards and use a little rod to push the cases through it works about the same
Old 02-26-2013, 3:35 PM

they are available at midway. i just looked and almost bought one but i cannot find a factory crimp die for .45ACP. i noticed though that the website states that it will not work for 9mm. anyone know why not?

EDIT: nvm, i just looked up the dementions on the 9mm and it looks as though the 9mm is a tapered shell not straight walled.

Last edited by bongfoo; 02-26-2013 at 3:38 PM..
Old 02-26-2013, 3:37 PM
I need a LIFE!!

eek you need a bulgebuster for .45 acp that scares me wat is your gun and load data
Old 02-26-2013, 3:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Uh yeah weird. I have one bulge buster, the .40 S&W, used with my .40 S&W FCD. That's the only caliber i would even consider think worth bulge busting. Even then it's probably not even work doing. Lee dies are pretty good about ironing the case in the resize step.

Whenever I buy a new caliber I immediately buy dies for it. I bought Garand and a .308 JUST before the panic started. Of course I didn't bother buying any actual ammo or components for them, thinking I'd wait for a good deal. Oh well! I only have like 60 rounds of .30-06, which I can reload about 800 rounds due to primer supply, but I hear M1's eat brass The .308 I'm hosed, unless I resize some .30-06.

Of course I can also buy commercial .30-06 to get the cases, but that goes against my cheapness.
Old 02-26-2013, 3:56 PM

was going to use it because i got some range brass that i wanted to make sure was alright. but beyond that i was going to also use it with the .40 once i get myself a g22.