Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 01-02-2013, 8:44 AM

Default Winchester Defender PDX1- defective ammo

Tried some HD Winchester .45 ACP ammo yesterday. We all know this should be the premier ammo for self defense. I had a feeding problem and the ammo that fired just did not feel right. Checked the ammo and noticed some crusty contamination around the primer and under the lip of two of the reaming six rounds.
Looked up Winchester on the web, but had no luck on their ammo section on a contact number. Finally got one after searching. Here it is: 800-356-2666.
Left messages on two different extensions to see if they want me to send them the rounds or if they needed the lot numbers. No one has called, but I got a USPS notice on my email that some Perry guy is sending me a return label from Perry products??? Is this from Winchester?

Terrible customer service. Why can't they just call me? Won't be buying any ammo to trust my life to from Winchester.
Old 01-02-2013, 3:44 PM

Be careful of carrier package scams right now. Being christmas time, people are eager to click on a link to find out where their FedEx, UPS, or USPS packages are.. most that I have seen are phishing scams.
I do hope Winchester calls you back, but I would bet a company that large, isn't operating under a small sounding name like "Perry Products". Maybe that's something special your wife ordered from her friends "passion party" and hasn't told you about yet!! just kidding! Good luck!