Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:43 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Default help loading berrys

Hey all im loading berrys 40sw plated rnhb 155g with bullseye and my question is im having a hard time finding load data for it . Berrys says load like the hard cast lead bullets but i get conflcting info on this any help ??
Old 01-06-2013, 12:54 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I use this load with Berry's 180 gr PHP bullets. It functions perfectly in my Beretta and Sigs.
http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloade...29&bulletid=42

The load data that Alliant has for the 155 gr bullet lists a velocity of under 1200 fps and that conforms to Berry's recommendations. I'd start with the load they list, reduced by 10%, and go from there.

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
Edward Everett Hale
Old 01-06-2013, 12:54 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I use this load with Berry's 180 gr PHP bullets. It functions perfectly in my Beretta and Sigs.
http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloade...29&bulletid=42

The load data that Alliant has for the 155 gr bullet lists a velocity of under 1200 fps and that conforms to Berry's recommendations. I'd start with the load they list, reduced by 10%, and go from there.

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
Edward Everett Hale
Old 01-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhefe50ss View Post
Hey all im loading berrys 40sw plated rnhb 155g with bullseye and my question is im having a hard time finding load data for it . Berrys says load like the hard cast lead bullets but i get conflcting info on this any help ??
I have only loaded the Berry's 185gr HBRN in .45 Auto. I tried using similar 185gr lead loads and they seemed really light, I attributed that to the hollow base. I ended up loading those quite a bit hotter before I got similar performance to a lead bullet, like a 185gr LSWC, for instance. YMMV.

I think there are lots of guys loading those now, likely someone will come along who has experience with that exact bullet and caliber.

If it were me, and nobody showed up to give you specific advice, I would start at 5.4gr (Alliants start load for a 155gr GDHP) and work up slowly, stopping at 6gr if I got there (Alliant's max for 155 GD's)

Good luck, have fun.

Last edited by Bill Steele; 01-06-2013 at 1:00 PM..