Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Excelsior Excelsior is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California, thanks be to God!
Posts: 4,216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default New USFA ZiP Gun?

Is this thing just a gimmick or will it have real merit?

USFA ZiP Factory

Very intriguing. Certainly a novel design. MSRP of $200.00 is nice. I hope no one shoots their finger off while trying to charge it.
__________________
[CENTER]CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it /CENTER]

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Excelsior Excelsior is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California, thanks be to God!
Posts: 4,216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Of course it will be crapped on in the beginning by those with closed minds/no imagination but I really do wonder if the design has any merit?
__________________
[CENTER]CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it /CENTER]

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-01-2013, 12:01 PM
vintagearms's Avatar
vintagearms vintagearms is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 5,824
iTrader: 43 / 100%
Default

Just wish they would get rid of the gimmicky movie crap and just show the damn gun and what it is capable of.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Excelsior Excelsior is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California, thanks be to God!
Posts: 4,216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagearms View Post
Just wish they would get rid of the gimmicky movie crap and just show the damn gun and what it is capable of.
Agreed 100%

That movie crap actually makes me wonder if they are trying to hide something?
__________________
[CENTER]CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it /CENTER]

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Eddy's Shooting Sports's Avatar
Eddy's Shooting Sports Eddy's Shooting Sports is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,132
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

The ergonomics look horrible. Should be interesting to hold one at SHOT.


Greg David
Eddy's Shooting Sports
400 Moffett Blvd.,Suite F
Mountain View, CA 94043
(660)969-GUNS

T-F 12-7 W 12-9 Sat 11-5
Closed Sun/Mon
__________________
Greg David
Eddy's Shooting Sports
(650)969-GUNS

400 Moffett Blvd., Suite F
Mountain View, CA 94043

www.eddysguns.com

Tue-Fri 12-7, Sat 11-5
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Delta Rose Delta Rose is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yolo/Solano County
Posts: 51
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy's Shooting Sports View Post
The ergonomics look horrible. Should be interesting to hold one at SHOT.
Please give us your impression of it when you return from the show. This does indeed look intriguing, and seems like it would be perfect to stash in a 10/22TD case.

I wonder if they will ever be placed on the California roster.....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-01-2013, 12:25 PM
ke6guj's Avatar
ke6guj ke6guj is offline
Moderator
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 909
Posts: 23,091
iTrader: 42 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Rose View Post
I wonder if they will ever be placed on the California roster.....
well, reading the operator's manual did not see any mention of a magazine disconnect, so until they add one, it couldn't be rostered.
__________________
Jack



Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-01-2013, 12:27 PM
frigginchi's Avatar
frigginchi frigginchi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,167
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

It's pretty cool. Love to have it for a backpack gun.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Javi's Avatar
Javi Javi is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,547
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

Not related directly to the zip but it makes me depressed that USFA's single action revolvers are put on hold to pump these little guys out

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4v0s View Post
My girlfriend and i used froglube last night in a pinch and it works great.
R.I.P. Thomas C.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-03-2013, 9:25 AM
RDT72's Avatar
RDT72 RDT72 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 278
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

It looks pretty neat with the new Ruger 25 round magazine and can also be used as a suppressed under barrel attachment on a long gun, All of the aforementioned would be illegal in Ca. I do wonder about the ergonomics- it seems a bit boxy- kind of like shooting a .22 out of a tape measurer. For $200I think they would sell a lot of these and I would also expect the price to grow another $100 in the first year. Just my opinion
__________________
Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Looking for:

Henry or Mossberg lever-action 30-30
28" Mossberg 500 barrel
FAB Defense GL-Shock Buttstock
Meprolight M21 bullseye
AR15 FIVE (5) round magazine
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-07-2013, 8:18 AM
BlueCrash BlueCrash is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 42
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

i'm guessing you cant have this in California?
would love to get one, looks nice and could be fun to shoot.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-07-2013, 8:34 AM
the86d's Avatar
the86d the86d is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pinko-occupied ObamaDerkaderkastan
Posts: 5,687
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrash View Post
i'm guessing you cant have this in California?
would love to get one, looks nice and could be fun to shoot.
Feinstein won't let us have one... if it is black, as she is an evil-(black-gun-)racist.
__________________
"That's what governments are for - get in a man's way." - Captain Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-07-2013, 1:41 PM
bussda's Avatar
bussda bussda is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,181
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

This is a pistol that uses Ruger 10/22 magazines, Glock sights, or picatinny rail accessories. It would be eligible for purchase in California with an SSE mod, and is not an assault weapon because the magazine is in the grip.

Very novel design.

Last edited by bussda; 01-07-2013 at 1:43 PM.. Reason: add comma
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-07-2013, 6:01 PM
smittty smittty is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,900
iTrader: 8 / 90%
Default

For a 10/22 fan wanting a 22 lr pistol this is very interesting option that shares the same mag.

I like it.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Excelsior Excelsior is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California, thanks be to God!
Posts: 4,216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bussda View Post
This is a pistol that uses Ruger 10/22 magazines, Glock sights, or picatinny rail accessories. It would be eligible for purchase in California with an SSE mod, and is not an assault weapon because the magazine is in the grip.

Very novel design.
No SSE needed if USFA submits it for inclusion on the CA roster...
__________________
[CENTER]CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it /CENTER]

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-09-2013, 1:13 PM
billofrights's Avatar
billofrights billofrights is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SFV
Posts: 2,041
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

It's weird and ugly, and I kind of want one.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-09-2013, 7:31 PM
ke6guj's Avatar
ke6guj ke6guj is offline
Moderator
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 909
Posts: 23,091
iTrader: 42 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
No SSE needed if USFA submits it for inclusion on the CA roster...
but as I mentioned earlier, there is no mention of a magazine-disconnect. And if it doesn't have a mag-disconnect, it can't pass the roster requirement and can't be included on the roster even if it passed the drop tests.
__________________
Jack



Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-09-2013, 8:01 PM
Quiet's Avatar
Quiet Quiet is offline
short bus driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the 909
Posts: 18,102
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
but as I mentioned earlier, there is no mention of a magazine-disconnect. And if it doesn't have a mag-disconnect, it can't pass the roster requirement and can't be included on the roster even if it passed the drop tests.
What he said.

No "magazine disconnect mechanism" [PC 16900] = can not be submitted for testing to be placed on the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale. [PC 32010(d)(3)]


Penal Code 16900
As used in this part, "magazine disconnect mechanism" means a mechanism that prevents a semiautomatic pistol that has a detachable magazine from operating to strike the primer of ammunition in the firing chamber when a detachable magazine is not inserted in the semiautomatic pistol.

Penal Code 32010
(3) Commencing January 1, 2006, no rimfire semiautomatic pistol may be submitted for testing pursuant to Sections 31900 to 32110, inclusive, if it has a detachable magazine, and does not have a magazine disconnect mechanism.
__________________


"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Excelsior Excelsior is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California, thanks be to God!
Posts: 4,216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
What he said.

No "magazine disconnect mechanism" [PC 16900] = can not be submitted for testing to be placed on the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale. [PC 32010(d)(3)]


Penal Code 16900
As used in this part, "magazine disconnect mechanism" means a mechanism that prevents a semiautomatic pistol that has a detachable magazine from operating to strike the primer of ammunition in the firing chamber when a detachable magazine is not inserted in the semiautomatic pistol.

Penal Code 32010
(3) Commencing January 1, 2006, no rimfire semiautomatic pistol may be submitted for testing pursuant to Sections 31900 to 32110, inclusive, if it has a detachable magazine, and does not have a magazine disconnect mechanism.
Pardon me but is there a statement or literature from USFA stating the ZiP gun has no disconnect or is it just personal conjecture at this point?
__________________
[CENTER]CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it /CENTER]

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-10-2013, 2:58 AM
kel-tec-innovations's Avatar
kel-tec-innovations kel-tec-innovations is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I.E. San Bernardino/Riverside, California
Posts: 3,785
iTrader: 124 / 100%
Default

It is very strange looking and interesting. I want one.

I'm curious on the operation of the pistol. The Zip has load and restrike rods.
More info on those rods http://zipfactory.com/pdf/ZiPQuickGuide2012.pdf

Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-10-2013, 6:46 AM
ke6guj's Avatar
ke6guj ke6guj is offline
Moderator
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 909
Posts: 23,091
iTrader: 42 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
Pardon me but is there a statement or literature from USFA stating the ZiP gun has no disconnect or is it just personal conjecture at this point?
as I mentioned before, I read the operators manual and there was no mention of a disconnect. Usually, when a firearm has a disconnect, that fact is mentioned in the instructions since it affect the manual of arms. The lack of mention of a disconnect in the instruction book implies that the ZiP gun does not have such a disconnect.
__________________
Jack



Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-10-2013, 9:26 AM
belkin belkin is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 31
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

It will suck.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-10-2013, 1:56 PM
Excelsior Excelsior is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California, thanks be to God!
Posts: 4,216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by belkin View Post
It will suck.
You would know...
__________________
[CENTER]CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it /CENTER]

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-10-2013, 2:05 PM
Excelsior Excelsior is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California, thanks be to God!
Posts: 4,216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I called Davidson's. They didn't have an answer so they tried inputting an order for California. No luck -- it's not on the roster. When they actually receive the ZiPs for sale ("any time now") they won't initially be available in CA -- not that one could ascertain that from the on-line owner's manual.
__________________
[CENTER]CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it /CENTER]

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-11-2013, 4:45 AM
MrPlink's Avatar
MrPlink MrPlink is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Portland / East Bay
Posts: 12,537
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

^ Do you understand how the roster works?
Unless these things take off in a HUGE way it is hyper unlikely they will ever be ON roster.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-11-2013, 5:27 AM
gemoose23's Avatar
gemoose23 gemoose23 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Escaped CA to Iowa
Posts: 1,081
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Hurm interesting... might have to add one to the safe.

Could this be the direction 3d printed guns end up? Looks possible.
__________________
Hornady LnL, Dillon Precision, RCBS, Lee Precision and Lyman User
If You want Match or Leadless hunting Ammo check out Monolithic Munitions Yes I am a shill, friends with the owners.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-11-2013, 6:23 AM
aiea aiea is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Would a LEO be able to purchase it in CA???
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-11-2013, 6:26 AM
ke6guj's Avatar
ke6guj ke6guj is offline
Moderator
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 909
Posts: 23,091
iTrader: 42 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiea View Post
Would a LEO be able to purchase it in CA???
yes.
__________________
Jack



Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Excelsior Excelsior is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California, thanks be to God!
Posts: 4,216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlink View Post
^ Do you understand how the roster works?
Unless these things take off in a HUGE way it is hyper unlikely they will ever be ON roster.
Bull.

Brand-new firearms are often added to the roster. The expense is by no means monumental.
__________________
[CENTER]CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it /CENTER]

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-12-2013, 8:57 AM
Eddy's Shooting Sports's Avatar
Eddy's Shooting Sports Eddy's Shooting Sports is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,132
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
Bull.

Brand-new firearms are often added to the roster. The expense is by no means monumental.
Expense is usually not the issue. Design however is. If they did not design in a mag safety and loaded chamber indicator as mentioned before, then no dice for roster certification.


Greg David
Eddy's Shooting Sports
400 Moffett Blvd.,Suite F
Mountain View, CA 94043
(660)969-GUNS

T-F 12-7 W 12-9 Sat 11-5
Closed Sun/Mon
__________________
Greg David
Eddy's Shooting Sports
(650)969-GUNS

400 Moffett Blvd., Suite F
Mountain View, CA 94043

www.eddysguns.com

Tue-Fri 12-7, Sat 11-5
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-12-2013, 9:11 AM
ke6guj's Avatar
ke6guj ke6guj is offline
Moderator
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 909
Posts: 23,091
iTrader: 42 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy's Shooting Sports View Post
Expense is usually not the issue. Design however is. If they did not design in a mag safety and loaded chamber indicator as mentioned before, then no dice for roster certification.
no need for an LCI in this case, but it does need the mag safety.
__________________
Jack



Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Excelsior Excelsior is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California, thanks be to God!
Posts: 4,216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy's Shooting Sports View Post
Expense is usually not the issue. Design however is. If they did not design in a mag safety and loaded chamber indicator as mentioned before, then no dice for roster certification.
Indeed. Sales need not "take off" for it to be worthwhile to have a gun put on the roster.
__________________
[CENTER]CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it /CENTER]

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-16-2013, 8:03 PM
Vick's Avatar
Vick Vick is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 84
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

I wouldn't mind one for the price. Is all that's needed to get one at a sse friendly shop a one shot sled? Or is a longer barrel necessary?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-16-2013, 10:49 PM
ke6guj's Avatar
ke6guj ke6guj is offline
Moderator
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 909
Posts: 23,091
iTrader: 42 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vick View Post
I wouldn't mind one for the price. Is all that's needed to get one at a sse friendly shop a one shot sled? Or is a longer barrel necessary?
32100. (b) Article 4 (commencing with Section 31900) and Article 5
(commencing with Section 32000) shall not apply to a single-shot
pistol with a barrel length of not less than six inches and that has
an overall length of at least 10 inches when the handle, frame or
receiver, and barrel are assembled.
__________________
Jack



Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-16-2013, 10:55 PM
Anschiss's Avatar
Anschiss Anschiss is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 254
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

So my take: you attach this to the SCAR and use it to engage targets unworthy of 5.56?
__________________
I am a professional. I always aim true whether firing single rounds or full automatic. I know neither fatigue nor failure. I would take pride in my work but for one thing, I do not know my target. I am not the one that kills. That distinction belongs to the man who pulls my trigger. I am an assault rifle. My name is Kalashnikov.

DANGEROUS FREEDOM > PEACEFUL SLAVERY
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-07-2013, 7:26 PM
dblcrwn's Avatar
dblcrwn dblcrwn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: where the ammo is
Posts: 655
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default







__________________
****Welcome to the wonderful world of selling weapons!****

Last edited by dblcrwn; 04-07-2013 at 7:29 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-07-2013, 7:37 PM
Excelsior Excelsior is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California, thanks be to God!
Posts: 4,216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

There are several videos on the USFA ZiP on youtube now. So far it's a true POS. The maker was foolish to sell the gun before the worked correctly. I wonder if they will ever fix the design or is it already dead?
__________________
[CENTER]CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it /CENTER]

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-07-2013, 8:09 PM
Oceanbob's Avatar
Oceanbob Oceanbob is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,363
iTrader: 79 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
There are several videos on the USFA ZiP on youtube now. So far it's a true POS. The maker was foolish to sell the gun before the worked correctly. I wonder if they will ever fix the design or is it already dead?
My out of State adult daughter bought one for me right after the SHOT Show. Since it cannot be on the Roster, it came to me via the vertical family exemption. Transfers like this are exempt from the Roster.

I opened the box (gift) and it was indeed and interesting .22 pistol. She sent along a Ruger 10 Round mag for me as well. I looked at the YouTube Videos....wow..not good. I put the weapon in the Safe and Registered my Warranty on-line. Got an almost immediate email from the company owner..How in the heck did you get one in California....?...he asked.

We emailed back and forth and I told him the 3 legal ways to get an off roster handgun. He told me to hold off for a few weeks and the Factory would be sending a free UPGRADE kit to fix the feeding issues. My UPGRADE kit arrived about 10 days ago. It is a plastic bag full of new parts that I have to swap out...looks easy. The weapon is MODULAR and is really interesting to hold. I have not shot her yet.

I will be installing the KIT and take her for a test drive. I understand that CCI is the magic ammo for the ZIP. I must say the owner is very nice and they have big plans. I will publish a range report soon.

Here she is along side some other .22s for a size comparison.



Here she is with the plastic bag of UPGRADE parts. version 1.01 kit



This gun is plastic and really light weight. I like it because it doesn't look like a gun and can see it thrown into a backpack for a day hike.

It will never be on the Roster, of course.
__________________
May the Bridges I burn light the way.

Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-08-2013, 1:30 AM
NRai2001's Avatar
NRai2001 NRai2001 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California (Modesto)
Posts: 928
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

In the video this was mounted on an AR... why would someone do that?
__________________
WTB:
TAVOR
SCAR 17
Benelli m4/m2
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-08-2013, 1:56 AM
Excelsior Excelsior is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California, thanks be to God!
Posts: 4,216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanbob View Post
My out of State adult daughter bought one for me right after the SHOT Show. Since it cannot be on the Roster, it came to me via the vertical family exemption. Transfers like this are exempt from the Roster.

I opened the box (gift) and it was indeed and interesting .22 pistol. She sent along a Ruger 10 Round mag for me as well. I looked at the YouTube Videos....wow..not good. I put the weapon in the Safe and Registered my Warranty on-line. Got an almost immediate email from the company owner..How in the heck did you get one in California....?...he asked.

We emailed back and forth and I told him the 3 legal ways to get an off roster handgun. He told me to hold off for a few weeks and the Factory would be sending a free UPGRADE kit to fix the feeding issues. My UPGRADE kit arrived about 10 days ago. It is a plastic bag full of new parts that I have to swap out...looks easy. The weapon is MODULAR and is really interesting to hold. I have not shot her yet.

I will be installing the KIT and take her for a test drive. I understand that CCI is the magic ammo for the ZIP. I must say the owner is very nice and they have big plans. I will publish a range report soon.

Here she is along side some other .22s for a size comparison.



Here she is with the plastic bag of UPGRADE parts. version 1.01 kit



This gun is plastic and really light weight. I like it because it doesn't look like a gun and can see it thrown into a backpack for a day hike.

It will never be on the Roster, of course.
Looking forward to a range report! Thanks.
__________________
[CENTER]CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it /CENTER]

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:44 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.