Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training. > Training Class Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Class Announcements Announce and/or Advertise your training classes here.

Old 09-05-2010, 8:05 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Michael Janich Class - The Best Defense (knife)

Hi Everyone,
I am hosting a class by Michael Janich in Oct.

Read below for more info.

9-10 October 2010, Richmond, CA – The Best Defense/Martial Blade Concepts “Street Skills” Seminar

This two-day seminar will focus on the fundamental skills of Michael Janich's Martial Blade Concepts (MBC) standard and reverse-grip systems and the relationship of the reverse-grip system to the use of improvised weapons. Janich will provide step-by-step instruction in the fundamental skills of using a knife as a defensive weapon, including knife carry and high-speed deployment, recognition and identification of common street attacks, defensive responses, anatomical targeting, and the realities of knife stopping power. He will then present detailed instruction in MBC's reverse-grip system and use it as a foundation for improvised-weapon skills, specifically the use of a tactical flashlight as an impact weapon. Finally, students will explore the use of the tactical light as a force multiplier and transition from the light to a handgun or other purpose-designed weapon.

This course will be conducted at the Richmond Hot Shots Range. Registration and tuition information are available from seminar organizer Jeff Nachmann. Please contact him directly at j_nachmann@yahoo.com.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:51 AM

Good class Mike is a nice guy.
Old 09-11-2010, 1:16 PM
Vendor/Retailer

4 spots left
Old 09-16-2010, 8:17 PM

email sent to mr nachmann
Old 09-22-2010, 12:41 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

I took this class last year. Janich does a great job showing you stuff that will work almost immediately. A lot of classes show you stuff that is effective after you've practiced a ton, but Janich's information is geared more towards using very simple, easily acquired techniques to effectively protect yourself.

If you carry a folding knife on a daily basis for more than cutting rope and opening boxes, then this class is absolutely worth the money.
Old 04-10-2013, 1:51 PM

Any more of these classes coming up?
Old 04-13-2013, 7:21 PM
Vendor/Retailer

I hope , but not sure right now