Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Announcements and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Announcements and Suggestions This is a place for suggestions, news and updates about the site.

Old 01-22-2013, 4:59 PM

Exclamation Selling items

Members if you selling an item it will more than likely have a better chance if a photo is provided.
Cheers
Old 01-22-2013, 5:51 PM

How do you know that; have you sold or purchased anything on calguns in your 5 days of membership?
Old 01-22-2013, 6:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keoni_taylor View Post
How do you know that; have you sold or purchased anything on calguns in your 5 days of membership?
I second that.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/LIR_123/GlockWise.png
Old 01-22-2013, 6:44 PM

I've only been a member here for a few weeks and the rifle I purchased through a seller on this site had lots of good quality pictures that helped with my decision to buy it.
Old 01-22-2013, 6:53 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockwise2000 View Post
I second that.
+1

What if members were required to have a minimum of 50 or 100 posts before being able to post on marketplace or OT? Other forums have similar rules.
Old 01-22-2013, 6:57 PM

If I see an item listed I want to buy and I wanted to see pictures I would PM the seller and ask if he has any.

Did you buy that 6.5 Grendel??? You should ask the seller to leave you an iTrader rating...

Me personally, if I want pictures I will ask for them; pictures not being attached in the post is not a deal breaker... If I am interested in buying a weapon, I already know what it looks like.
Old 01-22-2013, 7:11 PM

Quote:
If I see an item listed I want to buy and I wanted to see pictures I would PM the seller and ask if he has any.

Did you buy that 6.5 Grendel??? You should ask the seller to leave you an iTrader rating...

Me personally, if I want pictures I will ask for them; pictures not being attached in the post is not a deal breaker... If I am interested in buying a weapon, I already know what it looks like.
Yes I bought the Grendel rifle and I just left feedback for the seller today, hopefully he does the same for me soon without having to ask.

Pictures in the for sale thread ultimately make for a quicker sale and I'm sure we all agree on that. In this day and age when we can see something before having to travel we all ask for pictures.
Old 01-22-2013, 8:24 PM

I guess, in my opinion a good price makes for a quick sale...
Old 01-22-2013, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak180 View Post
Yes I bought the Grendel rifle and I just left feedback for the seller today, hopefully he does the same for me soon without having to ask.

Pictures in the for sale thread ultimately make for a quicker sale and I'm sure we all agree on that. In this day and age when we can see something before having to travel we all ask for pictures.
Some people never leave feed-back... I had an AK, SIG229, 2 AR's, a styre m357, an HK, a bunch of tools and vises that buyers never left feed-back for... Some one once told me that they only leave feed-back if the sale doesn't go smooth. I also head a lot of people feel this way
Old 01-22-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak180 View Post
I've only been a member here for a few weeks and the rifle I purchased through a seller on this site had lots of good quality pictures that helped with my decision to buy it.
Maybe the OP would read better if it said:

Members, if you selling an item that I am interested in purchasing; the chances of me buying it would increase if you include pictures, as I have never seen the weapon and cannot use my imagination to formulate an image in my mind of said firearm based off of a well detailed description.

I know what you are saying, i'm just busting your chops because I, and obliviously other members of this forum find it comical that such an "un-experienced" member would post the suggestion of pictures increasing the likely hood of sales as you did.

It's kind of like the Freshman math club high school virgin nerd giving advice to the Senior "man-whore" Captain of the football team who already has three kids advice on how to score with chicks...

Your post comes off as obtuse, but that is just my opinion...
Old 01-22-2013, 10:14 PM

I don't see the comment as out of line. He's new here, browsing in the for sale section and wondering who seriously tries to sell something without a picture? Just a basic thing to do when selling. Not a deal breaker, but I see it as lazy, just wanting the money without any effort....kinda like doing a transaction and not leaving feedback.

Just putting it out there..
Old 01-22-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJUNTOM View Post
I don't see the comment as out of line. He's new here, browsing in the for sale section and wondering who seriously tries to sell something without a picture? Just a basic thing to do when selling. Not a deal breaker, but I see it as lazy, just wanting the money without any effort....kinda like doing a transaction and not leaving feedback.
No one said the comment was out of line, just a little premature... Like a Private telling a Sergeant Major "In my experience"...

For example: If I moved from Al-Kufrah, Libya (a pretty dry place) to the Amazon Rain Forrest, and after five days I posted the following message:

Fellow villagers, its raining; if you go outside you might get wet.

No need to state the oblivious...

But like I said, just busting chops!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:17 PM
Janitors assistant
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Members, please do as he says.He has bought a rifle.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJUNTOM View Post

For the others on here, no need to be rude just because of your member status. The OP brings up a valid point.
Old 01-23-2013, 5:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE LT View Post

For the others on here, no need to be rude just because of your member status. The OP brings up a valid point.
Nobody is being rude, just calling it as I see it. Sorry for exercising my first Amendment rights J/K. I will sacrifice it for the good of all who read this post; I will also sacrifice my second Amendment right, as your newly inaugurated supreme leader demands. Please send over the the address of the weapon surrender point, castration clinic, and tongue removal office.... All hail the Supreme Leader! The commander and "queef"!!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 7:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnelianbay View Post
+1

What if members were required to have a minimum of 50 or 100 posts before being able to post on marketplace or OT? Other forums have similar rules.
In my experience that rule applies to selling, not buying. What benefit do you see in that?

My iTrader is higher than my post count, you'd rather I not be able to buy because I don't post enough?
Old 01-23-2013, 4:30 PM
CGN Contributor

Keoni, you smooth talker, I think it's time to go clean your litter box.
Old 01-23-2013, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnelianbay View Post
+1

If you make all we who are newbies post 100 times how we aren't all idiots even if we are getting up to speed on YOUR forum, or how not all Union Workers aren't Liberal Lovin' Gun Haters and how Gun Owners that don't understand why you wouldn't want your guns locked in a safe especially if you aren't home are still able to STRONGLY support your 2A rights... who's going to have time to pay 150 Percent Over Market for all the parts the more senior members seem to "have laying around".

What happened to patience? What happened to helping those with less experience? What happened to holding your tongue or type if you didn't have something constructive to add.

I think pictures are a minimum before I'm going to send my money sight un-seen, or drive 70 miles to say thanks, but no thanks.
Old 01-23-2013, 5:13 PM

Only 70 more to go now.
Old 01-23-2013, 5:23 PM
CGN Contributor

Senior members are self proclaimed, you can go change your title to that right now if you wish.
Old 01-23-2013, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dry powder View Post
Keoni, you smooth talker, I think it's time to go clean your litter box.
The more I bust chops the funnier it gets for me, people get so offended....

If I told you: I am selling a brand new, in perfect condition LE6920 M4 CARBINE 5.56 COLT AR Rifle kit with a 16" NATO Barrel; brand new in package (everything you need minus a stripped lower receiver) and a 10/30 PMAG rebuild kit for $600

But said I do not have pictures, but would ship or meet for a FTF transaction.

Would you say no because I didn't have pictures???? Probably not, I think it would sell in a few hours, pictures or not!
Old 01-23-2013, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Senior members are self proclaimed, you can go change your title to that right now if you wish.
Donate enough money and you can change your title to whatever you like... If you raise 500 million dollars and talk a bunch of BS you can change your title to POTUS
Old 01-23-2013, 8:41 PM
CGN Contributor

I think I finally have to agree with you.
Old 01-23-2013, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esd View Post
Members if you selling an item it will more than likely have a better chance if a photo is provided.
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by esd View Post
Between $500 to $600 for the sig
And $ 425 for the king cobra if they are in excellent condition as you say.
Depending on the king cobra if it was the early 1986 or near the 1992 era.
cheers
I think "ESD" is a window shopper /slash/ terrible weapons appraiser
Old 01-23-2013, 9:29 PM
CGN Contributor

Keoni, you are pretty random, is evrything okay?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:14 PM

Board at work, this terrible economy; can you believe I have been forced to work for my money? What is this country coming to? Next thing you know I will have to be responsible for myself! I thought I was going to get reparations and/or entitlements so I can buy my bling-bling, exbox's, jordans, and that Kimber I have always wanted...
Old 01-23-2013, 10:20 PM
CGN Contributor

At least your man doesn't have 4 years left, one day at a time, man.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Board at work, this terrible economy; can you believe I have been forced to work for my money? What is this country coming to? Next thing you know I will have to be responsible for myself! I thought I was going to get reparations and/or entitlements so I can buy my bling-bling, exbox's, jordans, and that Kimber I have always wanted...
Blahahaha......my brother was upset because Obamacare didn't have dental, and he was hoping for a new grill
Old 01-24-2013, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGunner View Post
Only 70 more to go now.
BLAHAHAHAHAH! Hilarious!
Old 01-24-2013, 8:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGunner View Post
If you make all we who are newbies post 100 times how we aren't all idiots even if we are getting up to speed on YOUR forum, or how not all Union Workers aren't Liberal Lovin' Gun Haters and how Gun Owners that don't understand why you wouldn't want your guns locked in a safe especially if you aren't home are still able to STRONGLY support your 2A rights... who's going to have time to pay 150 Percent Over Market for all the parts the more senior members seem to "have laying around".

What happened to patience? What happened to helping those with less experience? What happened to holding your tongue or type if you didn't have something constructive to add.

I think pictures are a minimum before I'm going to send my money sight un-seen, or drive 70 miles to say thanks, but no thanks.
If they do implement a 100 post rule, the quote above should not count towards that total!

Do you have "typing turrets" or something; what is the deal with the all caps "YOUR" & "STRONGLY"?

Can something really be priced $150 over "market value" if consumers in the market are paying that price? Do we need a supply and demand lesson here?

What happened to patience? Try taking a deuce in your hand and tell me how long it takes to reach room temperature. See how patient you can be...

What happened to helping those with less experience? Sorry for answering a question with a question; But what happened to helping yourself, or exercising common-sense?

What happened to holding your tongue or type if you didn't have something constructive to add? Well, I grew up and formulated my-own opinion and enjoy the right to voice it. "If you don't have nothing nice to say, you shouldn't say anything at all" was started by parents with ugly children! J/K but you get the point..

Due to the fact that you feel so strongly about pictures you should make a vow to never respond to a sale when the listing does not include them...

I will vow to never put pictures in my future firearm sales; instead I will give a detailed description, and state pictures available upon request.
Old 01-25-2013, 6:39 PM
CGN Contributor

Correction Keoni, you mean ugly FAT kids playing with Airsofts in their avatar. We get the point.....

What's your story on this subject?
Old 01-25-2013, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Correction Keoni, you mean ugly FAT kids playing with Airsofts in their avatar. We get the point.....

HAHAHA, very funny!!!

I prefer well fed, or fluffy! But, what makes you think those are Airsofts? That was actually taken in front of my Armory door; Those are 2 UMP 45's and an M4.

Pretty sure full auto with the HK's and burst with the M4 would make you victorious in an "airsoft" battle

"Best airsoft guns ever"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UMP 1.jpg (8.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 2ump.jpg (8.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-25-2013, 7:52 PM
CGN Contributor

Default Ha Ha

I think we can becomes friends, or maybe not. You'll check my caps or spelling to closely.
Old 01-25-2013, 7:56 PM

Quote:

My daughter wants to know if you like her "Airsoft" rifle...

Look at all my "airsoft pistols too, they are great!!!

My wife said to tell your boyfriend hello...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jazzys_Plinker.jpg (63.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Desk Top.jpg (10.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-25-2013, 8:00 PM

Quote:
I think we can becomes friends, or maybe not. You'll check my caps or spelling to closely.
I like to bust chops, and eat them too.

But honestly, those are not Airsofts... If they here they are the loudest airsofts ever made
Old 01-25-2013, 8:04 PM
CGN Contributor

Default Pictue are not worth anything.

For all I know you are in favor of gay marrage. Pictutues speek a thousand words. Thanks for sending me some stock photos of family. Did you play football in HS? BTW, I don't think the original posting was out of line.
Old 01-25-2013, 8:11 PM

Being that you own one of my favorite firearms (Kimber) maybe we can be friends. Contingent on you buying (or trading) some ammo I am trying to sell.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=683995
Old 01-25-2013, 8:17 PM

Quote:
For all I know you are in favor of gay marrage. Pictutues speek a thousand words. Thanks for sending me some stock photos of family. Did you play football in HS? BTW, I don't think the original posting was out of line.
I didn't think it was out of line either, I was just busting his balls because I seen some other dumb things he posted.

I played basketball and baseball, played football overseas but tore my ACL due to a gigantic Samoan horse collaring me (I dint think they like Hawaiians), so I decided to go into the Army and buff floors.

My daughter loves that AK, but I hate it!

MY STANCE ON GAY MARRAGE: If two guys/girls want to get married I say go for it, I could care less. & if homosexuals want to get married I say let them, there is no reason why only straight people should be miserable for the rest of their life.

Last edited by keoni_taylor; 01-25-2013 at 8:20 PM.. Reason: Almost Forgot
Old 01-25-2013, 8:20 PM
CGN Contributor

Default Ammo

I have a ton of 45 ammo, so I don't think I am interested in that. I got it from Jack Ross when they were really shipping it to people. 5K rounds on hand and shooting.
Old 01-25-2013, 8:29 PM

Read some of this guys posts: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=687554

I was messing with him for 3hrs while I was trying to kill time at work, he never let up!