Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 12-31-2012, 8:15 PM

Default To the jerks at the San Diego BLM. Thanks for the free brass.

You may remember me from today. I am the one who asked politely if you and your "bro" buddies would mind sharing the large shooting area you were parked at. Yes, you were there first, but that area is huge and easily accomidates several shooting groups. Your lame excuse was, "well we have targets spread out and we are shooting in all directions." BTW, I saw your targets, old electronics, a beer keg, sporting clays, rocks, glass bottles, and typical range trash.

My wife and I moved on to another spot several miles away and had a great time as usual. We completely cleaned our area before leaving and left nothing behind. You see, I shoot steel and paper targets that easily break down and transport within my vehicle.

On our way back, we noticed you and your "bro" friends had left. We immediately noticed what you left behind. Some good and most bad. You left about 24 beer cans that we picked up. You left all kinds of shot up electronics, a gas can, car parts, cardboard ammo boxes, shotgun hulls, and a mess of sporting clays.

To my suprise you also left behind all your brass, and lots of unuseable steel casings. I picked up almost 1,200 cases of Lake City 5.56, One hundred 308 NATO, five hundred 9mm, and various other calibers. All which I reload. Your ignorance and litter bug attitudes made my day. Since I had to pick up YOUR trash, I happily collected all the brass.

Word to the wise. There are very few places in San Diego to shoot for free. None of which I will provide details for. Enviro. freeks are always out there taking pictures of the area, trying to get the BLM to shut it down to shooting. Pick up after yourself or suffer paying range fees. BTW, thanks for the brass, jerks.

Last edited by chim-chim7; 01-03-2013 at 4:59 PM..
Old 12-31-2012, 8:27 PM

Leaving a mess is the surest way to get a good shooting spot shut down. I've seen it far too many times. Thank you for doing the right thing and enjoy that brass!
Old 12-31-2012, 8:32 PM

That my brass, I want it back.

Jk, wish I had blm to shot at around here.
Old 12-31-2012, 8:32 PM

Those are the same "BROS" that will complain about how there is no good places anymore.
Old 12-31-2012, 8:34 PM
Ban Hammer Avoidance Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Did you notice how far over I've moved this part of my info? You should try it, it's fun.

Any way to get license plates and report people like that?

"Those who cannot remember the posts are condemned to repeat them"

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone used a cliché
Old 12-31-2012, 8:35 PM
Ban Hammer Avoidance Team

Location: Did you notice how far over I've moved this part of my info? You should try it, it's fun.

Any way to get license plates and report people like that?

"Those who cannot remember the posts are condemned to repeat them"

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone used a cliché
Old 12-31-2012, 8:37 PM

I say that litterbugs arent the problem.

It is the "DOUCHE BRO" phenomenon, which I was completely oblivious to, prior to taking up residence in Southern California.

I have such an irrational hatred for "BROS" and the entire douchebag, narcissistic, idiot culture that embodies "BRO-NESS". Sorry BROS but your ridiculous trucks, black socks, flat-billed douche hats!!!WTF!!

At any rate, great score on the brass no doubt!!

NOTE - My BRO-Bashing is generalized, not directed at any specific individuals and not meant to be a flame nor troll post. I have had several similiar / comparable experiences with beer swilling, loud, trash-littering BROS since I have resided here in the Southern region of the Republik of Kalifornia... HA HA HA !!!

// Rant over // HAPPY NEW YEAR GENTS AND GREAT SCORE ON THE BRASS OP !!!
Old 12-31-2012, 8:42 PM

Chim C,
I can understand not wanting to share and area. Don't hate me yet. But, you should be glad they said hit the road as shooting with a beer drinking bunch of idiots is not good. I like your post, the way you handled yourself, picking up the trash and keeping the brass. Good job and thanks for trying to keep the area open. Have a good New Year. By the way, I'd shoot with you.
Old 12-31-2012, 8:42 PM

Double post, sorry.
Old 12-31-2012, 8:48 PM

Thanks for being a good person and cleaning up. At least you got some brass out of it!

"Between your faith and my Glock 9mm I'll take the Glock."
- Arnold Schawarzenegger (End of Days)
Old 12-31-2012, 8:51 PM

As usual the "children" of the shooting sports will destroy the priviledge for everyone. They are far to stupid to even care! Idiots!
Old 12-31-2012, 8:52 PM
Bacon makes it better

Hey bro, why you hating on my tapout tattoo on my neck?
Old 12-31-2012, 8:53 PM

As another responsible SD area BLM shooter, thank you for taking the time/trouble to pick up their mess, and I'm glad you got something worthwhile for the trouble.

San Diego County BLM land is covered by two different BLM field offices. I've spoken to the ranger responsible for the western area, he fully supports the people using the land for a variety of purposes including shooting. He also said he's received pressure from above to close the areas that he's so far managed to resist by blaming it on being understaffed. He did point me to several good spots, and said he will close them if they are left like you described; he even encouraged picking up .22 brass and not shooting clays as they don't break down rapidly in our dry environment. The Orosco Ridge range remains closed, with public statements saying it's due to environment and safety concerns, the real reason is because the place was trashed.
Originally Posted by James Earl Jones
The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.
Old 12-31-2012, 8:56 PM
Bacon makes it better

Old 12-31-2012, 8:56 PM
Bacon makes it better

Old 12-31-2012, 9:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Hey bro, those guys were gone when you got there, because I ran them off. I told them they were making a mess, and it was time to go.

They took one look at me, in all of my badness, and immediately complied. Except the one carrying the ammo can said something under his breath as they were pulling away and it was on. I chased them for miles, but the lockers on my Bentley wouldn't disengage and the axles started getting to hot to continue.

When I came back for the brass they left behind, it was already gone.

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how it disappeared till now.

Im thinking a 50/50 split. Whadaya say?

Seriously, great post, but I doubt those guys are members here.

Thanks for being responsible. We've all seen some great places trashed from people being inconsiderate.
Old 12-31-2012, 9:16 PM
Bacon makes it better

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack956 View Post
Hey bro, those guys were gone when you got there, because I ran them off. I told them they were making a mess, and it was time to go.

They took one look at me, in all of my badness, and immediately complied. Except the one carrying the ammo can said something under his breath as they were pulling away and it was on. I chased them for miles, but the lockers on my Bentley wouldn't disengage and the axles started getting to hot to continue.

When I came back for the brass they left behind, it was already gone.

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how it disappeared till now.

Im thinking a 50/50 split. Whadaya say?

Seriously, great post, but I doubt those guys are members here.

Thanks for being responsible. We've all seen some great places trashed from people being inconsiderate.
Neil?
Old 12-31-2012, 9:17 PM

I am pretty sure I just aspirated coffee out my nose, laughing at the replies.

All in good humor gents.
Old 12-31-2012, 9:23 PM

Chim thanks for caring. I share your frustration. I've ran into a different scenario once. One guy was even blocking a narrow entrance to perfectly large shooting area with his work truck.
Old 12-31-2012, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMFdevildoc View Post

It is the "DOUCHE BRO" phenomenon, which I was completely oblivious to, prior to taking up residence in Southern California.

I have such an irrational hatred for "BROS" and the entire douchebag, narcissistic, idiot culture that embodies "BRO-NESS". Sorry BROS but your ridiculous trucks, black socks, flat-billed douche hats!!!WTF!!

NOTE - My BRO-Bashing is generalized, not directed at any specific individuals and not meant to be a flame nor troll post. I have had several similiar / comparable experiences with beer swilling, loud, trash-littering BROS since I have resided here in the Southern region of the Republik of Kalifornia... HA HA HA !!!

Hear, Hear!
Old 12-31-2012, 9:28 PM
Veteran Member

I always see tradh out in BLM sadly most people are to dumb and lazy to pick up after themselves , Good job OP for being respectful and responsible enough to claean up their mess we ALL need to do this
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
Old 12-31-2012, 9:32 PM
Veteran Member

I hate the bro mentality. Bills flipped up, black knee high socks the whole bit. Ive seen older gents like this and think wow really?!?!!!?
Old 01-01-2013, 5:48 AM

To be honest, I had no idea of what a "bro" is/was. Maybe it's my age, where I just paint anybody younger than 30 as stupid and not worthy of the air they breathe, or maybe it's social class where going to a major sporting game requires a luxury box and a professional caterer, not a bleacher seat and a hibachi on a dented tailgate. So I looked up the definition of "Bro" or "bro", as the case may be, to find in the Urban Dictionary:

2. An alpha male idiot. This is the derogatory sense of the word (common usage in the western US): white, 16-25 years old, inarticulate, belligerent, talks about nothing but chicks and beer, drives a jacked up truck that’s plastered with stickers, has rich dad that owns a dealership or construction business and constantly tells this to chicks at parties, is into extreme sports that might be fun to do but are uncool to claim (wakeboarding, dirt biking, lacrosse), identifies excessively with brand names, spends a female amount of money on clothes and obsesses over his appearance to a degree that is not socially acceptable for a heterosexual male. The female equivalent of the Bro is the Bro Hoe. Bro Hoes are Bro groupies that hang around bros, many of whom are actually quite hot and are thus spared the scorn that is heaped on Bros.

7. Bro a usually white young male, found commonly in places like San Bernardino County in California, as well as Orange County. always, without exception, drive big lifted trucks, often white. has the name of their crew or whatever in big white letters on their back window (ie, "skin", "metal mulisha". wear: trucker hats off center, plug earrings, sunglasses, wife beater shirt or no shirt, sagging dickies shorts, high black socks, skater shoes or those black corduroy slipper things, have a lot of tatoos of things like stars.

If that about covers it, I suggest paint balls filled with pepper spray or or CS teargas as a repellant. Vermin are everywhere, wear a filter mask and wash your hands after near contact. Use sanitizing wipes on all hard surfaces they came in contact with, and never book into 2 star campgrounds, motels and hotels.

Last edited by Wrangler John; 01-01-2013 at 5:54 AM..
Old 01-01-2013, 8:41 AM

Wrangler John, that's some funny stuff. I must be getting old too. Although I've seen plenty of guys like this running around I never knew there was a "Bro" youth sub-culture. I thought these guys were just a bunch of knuckleheads.

email me at McClintock0 at gmail dot com (That's a zero after my name, not the letter O)
Old 01-01-2013, 8:47 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Nice job OP.
My wife shoots seldom, but if I put that dirty brass on the carpet, she would shoot me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMFdevildoc View Post

Haters gonna hate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler John View Post
To be honest, I had no idea of what a "bro" is/was. Maybe it's my age, where I just paint anybody younger than 30 as stupid and not worthy of the air they breathe, or maybe it's social class where going to a major sporting game requires a luxury box and a professional caterer, not a bleacher seat and a hibachi on a dented tailgate. So I looked up the definition of "Bro" or "bro", as the case may be, to find in the Urban Dictionary:

2. An alpha male idiot. This is the derogatory sense of the word (common usage in the western US): white, 16-25 years old, inarticulate, belligerent, talks about nothing but chicks and beer, drives a jacked up truck that’s plastered with stickers, has rich dad that owns a dealership or construction business and constantly tells this to chicks at parties, is into extreme sports that might be fun to do but are uncool to claim (wakeboarding, dirt biking, lacrosse), identifies excessively with brand names, spends a female amount of money on clothes and obsesses over his appearance to a degree that is not socially acceptable for a heterosexual male. The female equivalent of the Bro is the Bro Hoe. Bro Hoes are Bro groupies that hang around bros, many of whom are actually quite hot and are thus spared the scorn that is heaped on Bros.

7. Bro a usually white young male, found commonly in places like San Bernardino County in California, as well as Orange County. always, without exception, drive big lifted trucks, often white. has the name of their crew or whatever in big white letters on their back window (ie, "skin", "metal mulisha". wear: trucker hats off center, plug earrings, sunglasses, wife beater shirt or no shirt, sagging dickies shorts, high black socks, skater shoes or those black corduroy slipper things, have a lot of tatoos of things like stars.

If that about covers it, I suggest paint balls filled with pepper spray or or CS teargas as a repellant. Vermin are everywhere, wear a filter mask and wash your hands after near contact. Use sanitizing wipes on all hard surfaces they came in contact with, and never book into 2 star campgrounds, motels and hotels.
Dat's Wascist!

Boycott Guns Fishing & Other Stuff in Vacaville!

Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

Member: NRA, CRPA, IDPA, Diablo Rod & Gun, Local 39
Old 01-01-2013, 8:52 AM

Add me to that must be getting old list, thanks Wrangler John for the definition.

Glad you scored some brass OP, and thanks for picking up their mess.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:19 PM

Thanks for cleaning up "bro". At least you where some what paid for the negligence of others. Its idiots like this that ruin it for the rest of us. We all need to stay on top of it with a neighbor hood range watch. I hate reporting people but if they are Aholes they deserve it. I will try and explian to them first on what they are doing wrong and what will result to them getting it shut down, if they act like "Bro's" well I got Ranger Funk's cell phone, I will call. LoL
Old 01-01-2013, 12:28 PM

Thank you so much for cleaning up. What a complete tool those guys were!
Old 01-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member

1200 lake city cases. That was nearly $1200 worth of ammo. Scrap brass has been near $2 per pound as well. I love people that leave behind all of that expensive brass. It saves me money. I have two guns that have never even had factory ammo shot through them. Nice score.

Thanks for cleaning up after those dirt bags. At least someone gives a crap and is actually a better man than those wannabe's.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:54 PM

Thanks for not posting the location.

I am constantly cleaning my BLM spot. All I do is shake my head, once again, in discust.

Officer Funk also does a great deal to keep our BLM areas clean and open.

Thanks OP!
Old 01-01-2013, 1:13 PM

Ah, to be young and dumb. Although even I picked up my trash/shells/butts/cans.

You dodged a bullet getting a mile or two away from them. Muzzle discipline and drinking don't go together.

I'm jealous of the brass!!!! I must be getting old
Old 01-01-2013, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceflinch View Post
Nice job OP.
My wife shoots seldom, but if I put that dirty brass on the carpet, she would shoot me!

Haters gonna hate!

Dat's Wascist!

Mine too, but it's ok since the garage is mine. I have carpet tiles on my garage floor. Easily replaceable if one gets damaged. Like when I accidently spilled my used motor oil on them.
Old 01-01-2013, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgcabs View Post
Thanks for not posting the location.

I am constantly cleaning my BLM spot. All I do is shake my head, once again, in discust.

Officer Funk also does a great deal to keep our BLM areas clean and open.

Thanks OP!

I am worried that the place will get shut down if left a garbage dump. So I am willing to clean up after others to keep it open. Now the shot up glass out there is a problem. So are the orange clays and .22LR cases. The .22 cases are a big time pet peeve to the ranger there. I remember going out there last March and the ranger picked up almost three 5 gallon buckets worth of spent .22's. He was not happy. Next week I am taking a finger rake with me, that way I can pick up some 22 and make it look like someone at least made the effort. I mean the place has only been reopened for 3 weeks and it's already getting hammered by idiots.

If you go out there weekly, it's a great place to get free brass. This was the biggest score I have got there. Especially with the limited availability of reloading supplies at the moment. Now I am just waiting for my local shop to get in more Varget. Until then the brass will get fully prepped, bagged, and stored for loading.
Old 01-01-2013, 2:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I bet that they had flat billed hats with their ears tucked in.

One rifle, one planet - Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
Old 01-01-2013, 3:00 PM

Would it be legal to make a sign and post it for these idiots. Just something like clean up after yourself or don't complain if the spot gets closed. Maybe even ask ranger funk if we can tie down a trash can and anytime one of us are up there we can haul it away.
Old 01-01-2013, 3:02 PM

At least you sorta got paid for your clean up....
Thank you for being responsible.

Old 01-01-2013, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_NinO619 View Post
Would it be legal to make a sign and post it for these idiots. Just something like clean up after yourself or don't complain if the spot gets closed. Maybe even ask ranger funk if we can tie down a trash can and anytime one of us are up there we can haul it away.
They would probably shoot the sign. Shooters and smokers are their own worst enemy sometimes. I can't number the times I've seen shot up signs, and pretty much shot up everything. And with smokers, it's throwing butts out the window waiting for a red light, I see this every single day. They do it right in front of the 75% of us who don't smoke.

email me at McClintock0 at gmail dot com (That's a zero after my name, not the letter O)
Old 01-01-2013, 3:26 PM

Its a shame people cannot pick up after themselves and ruin it for the rest of us.

Thanks for picking up their trash.
Old 01-01-2013, 3:33 PM

Thank you for your effort! And congrats on the brass!
Old 01-01-2013, 3:53 PM
Banned

Darn LEOS