Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 01-10-2013, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester3 View Post
No disrespect guys but I've only owned lever or bolt action firearms and can take down anything I ever could with my Gov't issued M-16. Don't need 30 rounds to make your point. One round one down! Black rifles look cool, and they ARE slick, but give me my 30-30 or swede Mauser and I'm a happy man!
Thanks for making posts that the antis just love to use as examples. I just love people who apply their perspectives and comfort levels to the rest of everyone else with those "don't need" statements. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2013, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post
A couple of thoughts.

In California NFA items are de-facto banned, so buying ARs and AKs by the crate won't do you guys any good if a ban is passed.

Setting aside the Constitutional aspect, unless you're a die hard AK or AR fan i'd sell them for top-dollar right now, before any laws come down and the prices are nice and high. If we prevail in Washington things will go back to normal and you can probably purchase MORE gear when the market corrects downward.

If things go to pot in DC you guys will lose the guns anyway and the market won't be as favorable if you want to sell , so there you have it.

Another thought to consider: even if you register an AR or AK after a renewed AWB is passed, you're still one idiot cop away from losing your rifle anyway.

Sure, you have papers showing the gun's legal, but if a cop gets a bug in their hiney about "assault weapons" a legal NFA stamp won't stop them from seizing your evil rifle under whatever pretense they can make up on the side of the highway. They'll illegally seize your property and dare you to take it up with the Judge if you have any hard feelings. In a society which is demonizing ARs , owning one -even legally-will be a Scarlett Letter proposition. Even today some people think there's no reason for ordinary people to own AR15s. Imagine how widespread that attitude will be 10 years after commercial sale of them has been outlawed.

Panicky rangemasters wanting to stay off the government's radar will ban ARs from the firing line, panicky cops will jail you on sight of a 30 round magazine, and drama queen ex-wives and girlfriends will wave pictures of your registered "Assault Weapon" around in family court as proof you're a psycho. Ownership of these guns after a ban is liable to the a major pain in the a** even beyond the government paperwork. Owning an AR after a ban will be akin to the situation of an openly gay Muslim living in Riyadh Saudi Arabia.
Some very good points!
Old 02-01-2013, 3:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaparral View Post
PVC pipe, cosmoline and a post hole digger come to mind.
Been selling off mine while the prices are high because from the responses they are really not needed. No body is going to use then anyway.

Last edited by Sunday; 02-01-2013 at 3:52 PM..
Old 02-02-2013, 7:05 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
The Mini-14 is on the new AWB list
Only the Mini-14 Tactical Rife M14/20CF version is on the list, right?
The ranch and target models are ok, it's all about the looks.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons-ban-summary
Old 02-04-2013, 9:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaparral View Post
PVC pipe, cosmoline and a post hole digger come to mind.
All the technology in the world and you can still successfully hide valuables just a few feet in the earth.
Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.
Old 02-04-2013, 9:38 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester3 View Post
No disrespect guys but I've only owned lever or bolt action firearms and can take down anything I ever could with my Gov't issued M-16. Don't need 30 rounds to make your point. One round one down! Black rifles look cool, and they ARE slick, but give me my 30-30 or swede Mauser and I'm a happy man!
just because you choose not to have an AR or AK platform rifle that's fine. but those that choose to have one that is their choice and stop giving anti's a reason to take away our rifles of choice.

i have a swedish mauser and absolutely love it. and i have AR's as well. but just because i love my mauser doesn't mean someone who wants to use an AR or AK shouldn't have that choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boberama View Post
Ok. You should know how to play. I say I see something that begins with a letter.
You find out what it is.
I spy with my little eye something that begins with a "C".
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyInSoCal View Post
Chlamydia?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyXbones View Post
The silhouette of an AR-15 is as appealing to the general public as a dildo.
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.