Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 9:31 AM

Default Blm Land can anyone help me find it?

Ok so the title is actually quite misleading, i can find the blm land, my problem is making sure its actually legal to shoot at the places that i have found. I have read over all of the threads on the subject, but i really dont want to get in trouble for shooting somewhere that is illegal. If anyone could tell me one of "their spots" i would appreciate it very much. if the spot currently has trash scattered around that is fine as i plan on bringing some trash bags to clean clean up. Also im located in northern san diego but im willing to drive around an hour. Thanks
Robert Smith
Also please PM the info if you do choose to share it instead of posting in this thread (although im sure you already knew that)

Last edited by robertras; 12-29-2012 at 10:15 AM..
Old 12-29-2012, 9:36 AM
Bacon makes it better
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Your location says riverside/san diego, are you there or in northern california? You could call the blm office and/or sheriff's office of the jurisdiction you are trying to shoot at to get confirmation.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:16 AM

Baconator thanks, that was actually a typo, i meant northern San Diego (just a bit south of Escondido). Also I just might try calling the BLM office if no one has any sugestions
Old 01-08-2013, 7:05 PM

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en.html

They have pdf maps..

The County Sherrifs web sites have maps that are good to cross-check to be safe..

Gook luck and clean up your mess..
Old 01-13-2013, 1:54 PM

My local sheepdog group trains over in the South Bay if you would like to join it may be a bit of a drive but its safe and 100% legal
Old 01-17-2013, 6:15 PM

Specops, are you talking about the Southbay Rod and Gun club? BTW, I'm also in Eastlake.
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”
― Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle
Old 01-18-2013, 11:22 AM

I actually ended up going out to some BLM land out past julian (over 2 hours from where i live). It was a nice shooting spot, and there was no one around (although we did hear shooting (sounded like it was a considerable distance away). We packed out everything we brought in, plus a couple of shotgun cases we found on the way out. Later that week I decided to head to south bay rod and gun, which was nice, and cinsiderably closer then the BLM land for me.
Old 01-27-2013, 9:15 AM

If you have a 4wd.....it is pretty easy to find a spot to pop off a few rounds.
Old 01-27-2013, 8:46 PM

I actualy drive a honda insight (tiny 2 wheel drive hybrid) with little ground clearance) and the only good think about offroading with it is that if it gets stuck its really easy to get unstuck. I also have a motorcycle, but im not sure about transporting a gun on it.
Old 01-27-2013, 9:20 PM

OP, you got an inbound PM...cheers from Escondido
AR's have finally become full blown "men's barbie dolls" now with fashion accessories.
Old 02-01-2013, 2:44 PM

No one has said it, so I will. I know Calgunners aren't probably the people leaving mess...but, please clean up everything when you are done. We wanna keep the BLM open to shooters.
Old 02-06-2013, 6:28 AM
CGSSA Associate

And don't post any locations in open forum! Just send them via pm, email, or over the phone .
Old 02-16-2013, 10:01 PM

I'm in the same boat as the OP. Another safety conscious and responsible calgunner looking for a place to shoot outdoors. I am more than willing and always take out more than I bring in. I currently drive out to ocatillo if I want to shoot outdoors, but would like to find some place closer. I live in Escondido but hopefully can find a place around an hour away or less. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!