Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 01-02-2013, 7:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpercentfirearms View Post
Are you claiming that manufacturers can't sell AR15 lower receivers right now?
As I said already:

Manufacturers aren't mass producing AR15 receivers because they don't know whether or not they'll be able to sell them in 2013 or after.

If a ban goes through (depending on it's conditions), then they will have made receivers that they can't sell and wasted the materials. Given the cost of aluminum billets, that would be a substantial amount of money.

Before you suggest it - could they do short runs until the ban's details are available?
Maybe, but on the regulatory side I don't know how long it takes to go from a billet to a serialized lower that's ready for sale. If there's paperwork they need to file, they may not have time to produce anything before the soft end of January deadline. Nevertheless, we'd be in the same boat we are now. Short runs means inherently increases the cost per unit; so the prices would still be way up.

On the other side of it, companies like Del-Ton are still producing, but the orders they've taken have already filled up their manufacturing capability for the year. Either way, there's a shortage of ARs and there's demand like there's never been - even before the threat of a ban.

Last edited by db42; 01-02-2013 at 7:24 AM..
Old 01-02-2013, 7:51 AM
Vendor/Retailer

...full steam ahead!

Keep in mind that manufacturers have fifth amendment rights too. A deadline will have to be announced or it will be an ex post facto law. I know that they don't mind creating illegal legislation so we can be stuck litigating it, but it would only weaken their case.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:49 PM
CGN Contributor

most likely, the deadline will be the moment the President signs the law. you'll be aware of the bill as it goes through congress and makes it to the President's desk.

that is the way that most federal laws go into effect, unless they specify a future date in them. That is how the 1994 AWB went into effect, and same for the 1986 MG ban.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 01-02-2013, 1:03 PM
Vendor/Retailer

I'm knocking on wood here, but I suspect that we will be able to make and sell AR15 parts even after a ban. This would include lowers. I will not explain how or why prior, but I have a few cards up my sleeve. Boehner is going to be replaced in a few hours, so hopefully we will get someone with a spine to represent the Republicans.

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
ONLINE STORE: http://franklin-armory.myshopify.com/
Franklin Armory - Manufacturer of Quality, California Legal AR's, the F17 Series rimfire rifles in 17 WSM, the CSW, the Release Firing System, the Binary Firing System, and the NEW DFM Magazine!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 4:18 AM

I need to go purchase a Franklin Armory lower somewhere! After that last comment, they may just be my new favorite supplier!!
Old 01-04-2013, 5:52 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Too bad I was wrong about Boehner, but the first of two new cnc machines is up and running ahead of schedule. By next week we will double our production. As soon as we secure a third shift, we'll really be pumping them out like a pez dispenser.
Old 01-04-2013, 7:00 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinarmory View Post
Too bad I was wrong about Boehner, but the first of two new cnc machines is up and running ahead of schedule. By next week we will double our production. As soon as we secure a third shift, we'll really be pumping them out like a pez dispenser.
I think you are lying! You don't want that inventory laying around. You don't want to supply a crazy demand and make good money. No, you are a tricky one.

The Calguns Foundation - Board Member. DONATE NOW! Your dollars go DIRECTLY to front-line legal activism in CA.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of The Calguns Foundation
Old 01-04-2013, 9:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpercentfirearms View Post
I think you are lying! You don't want that inventory laying around. You don't want to supply a crazy demand and make good money. No, you are a tricky one.
I hate quoting myself, but franklinarmory is an excellent example of my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by db42
On the other side of it, companies like Del-Ton are still producing, but the orders they've taken have already filled up their manufacturing capability for the year. Either way, there's a shortage of ARs and there's demand like there's never been - even before the threat of a ban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinarmory
Wait . . . so he's buying new cnc machines to increase capacity? Because much like Del-ton, he's willing to produce, but can't keep up with the demand so he needs to increase capacity? ? ?

It's almost like it's exactly what I said was happening . . . oh wait, it is.
Old 01-04-2013, 7:44 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by db42 View Post
As I said already:

Manufacturers aren't mass producing AR15 receivers because they don't know whether or not they'll be able to sell them in 2013 or after. .

Every manufacturer I have spoken with is mass producing as many they possibly can, and then some....

Franklin, to their credit is increasing that mass production even further..
209-823-4400

Webstore http://store.elitearmsandsupply.com/
www.facebook.com/elitearmsandsupply

Our new web store is up and running!

Sig Sauer, Glock, Vortex, Kimber, Beretta, Benelli and Wilson Combat Dealers.
Old 01-04-2013, 8:11 PM

Are people really still *****ing about this? If you don't have the cash to play, then STFU and stay on the sidelines