Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 03-10-2013, 8:57 PM

Default Bay Area shotshell reloading supplies?

Shotshell loading is new for me. Is there somewhere in the SF Bay Area that stocks shot? Seems like it makes more sense to drive for a bag than have it shipped?
Left, not "liberal", not what gets called "left" in American politics, Actually Left, like the government shouldn't be set up to favor certain groups, radically and fanatically left, like the ideas in the American Constitution (except that crap about 3/5ths of a person).
Old 03-10-2013, 9:46 PM

I know Bass Pro at Tracy carries lead shot. I don't remember what size they had or how much it was. This was about 2 weeks ago.Might wanna give them a call.
Old 03-11-2013, 7:54 AM
Veteran Member

Hey M, long time no see.

I have been buying supplies from Ballistic Products, online. The local sources I have used end up being about the same or more as buying online and paying shipping, etc. The exception to the above might be reclaimed shot from ranges, but again, after gas and running around, I end up preferring it brought to my door.

Still have a box of lead for you, one of these days we need to get together.
Old 03-11-2013, 8:07 AM

Hi Bill!

Yes. We should get together. My schedule is a little more flexible than it used to be, so let me know what's good for you.

Thanks for the tip on shot shopping. I suspected as much, but I wasn't sure. Shipping lead just always seems expensive.
Left, not "liberal", not what gets called "left" in American politics, Actually Left, like the government shouldn't be set up to favor certain groups, radically and fanatically left, like the ideas in the American Constitution (except that crap about 3/5ths of a person).
Old 03-11-2013, 8:31 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I know USI in Concord has reloading supplies. Also Livermore Gun Club has a person selling reloading supplies at the trap range.

I don't know if either "stock" shot but might be worth a call.
Old 03-11-2013, 8:47 AM

Thanks! I'll look in to it.
Old 03-11-2013, 8:53 AM

If you look up rotometals in calif. they sell both reclaimed and new lead shot. If you spend a hundred dollars they pay the shipping.
Old 03-11-2013, 3:11 PM
Veteran Member

USI stocks it, but it is meant for member sales only.. one reason I joined the club back when shot was $12/bag or $45/100#... We would occasionally do group buys and I'd pick up shot by the 500# lot.. we'd usually order a multi-ton load..
Old 03-11-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koehn,jim View Post
If you look up rotometals in calif. they sell both reclaimed and new lead shot. If you spend a hundred dollars they pay the shipping.
Or you can pick it up in person. There right there in San Leandro right off Marina behind FH Daily Chevrolet. Check there web site..
S.A.S.S #74217
.45 Colt Enthusiast
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 03-11-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing4u View Post
I know Bass Pro at Tracy carries lead shot. I don't remember what size they had or how much it was. This was about 2 weeks ago.Might wanna give them a call.
There price for a bag of shot there is $49.99. They carry most sizes in Magnum and chilled shot. A little steep in price but if you need it, they got it....
S.A.S.S #74217
.45 Colt Enthusiast
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 03-12-2013, 7:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw45 View Post
Or you can pick it up in person. There right there in San Leandro right off Marina behind FH Daily Chevrolet. Check there web site..
Or, in other words, around the corner from the range on Davis Street, where I shoot almost every week. If it was a snake, it would have bit me.
Old 03-12-2013, 8:59 PM

Default shot

traders in castro valley had a few bags of shot last wk....39 bucks i think....call first....cheers...