Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:06 AM

Bodyguard .380 is a great gun IMO.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilletboy View Post
Wife wants to learn to shoot. She is very small, barely 5' tall very small hands.

She can't manipulate the slide on my G-22 or pull the trigger double-action or lock back the hammer on my Colt Mk-III trooper.

I was thinking a .380, like a bersa, or the Taurus 5 shot revolver, or the S&W bodyguard .380. I've researched them and their specific issues but wanted to hear some of the ladies thoughts..

I was leaning towards the Bersa FYI. Heard the Taurus trigger pull is too hard for some.

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Thats easy to answer...........she wants one, get her one, but let her pick out the make/model which feels the most comfortable for her.

I have a personal preference for the Smith&Wesson 'Chief's Special', or the Colt Detective Special, the smallest, lightest practical self-defence handguns which are best quality and reliable.

cheers

Carla
Old 02-27-2013, 1:00 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
Read the stickies, Let HER pick it out and be happy with whatever she chooses. I''m going to give my old adage of "I would no sooner send my husband to the store to buy a bra, as he would go pick me out a gun" He knows I wear a bra, size? band? cup? style? Nope. Do not pick out a gun for her. LOTS of good infor in the stickies in this forum/\
her gun her choice.
Old 02-27-2013, 2:15 PM

Its best to let your wife pick a gun, but with this current market, that can be pretty difficult. I have a couple of small guns that I love, and the slides are very easy to handle. My mother in law has one of them right now, she has never shot in her life, and is 105 lbs. She can handle this gun very easily. Its a smith and wesson M&P 9. I personally have never shot a .380, but I have heard they can have worse recoil than a 9mm due to the size of the gun. The other small guns I have that are easy to work are; Sig p226 enhanced elite, HK p2000sk, and a M&P shield in .40
My husband has a glock, that I can't work the slide on, but this is only when the gun is loaded to a full ten rounds. Try taking out a round, and see she if she can work the slide then.
Best of luck on the hunt.
Old 02-27-2013, 3:59 PM

Get a BFG, teach her to get used to it. My wife learned to hip fire a remignton 870 for home protection and a Glock 17. Glock very little complications point and shoot. No safety nothing to get hung up on and reliable. Smaller frame guns not a big fan.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:57 AM

DE 44 MAG?
Favorite Gun Marlin 336 CS
FREE when you present a dd214 or active:
HK Builds your parts, from flats.
Barrel Work, threading, cutting, finishing, bluing/oxidizing and non caustic finishing.
EXPERIMENTING with Anodizing let me know if you want to submit a test subject