Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-19-2016, 6:20 PM
Head Janitor

Default 'What do we do now?'

After today the question comes up, 'What do we do now, how do I get involved in fighting back?'
First things first, everyone is angry and wants to do something NOW, I get that and share that sentiment. However much of what I'm seeing posted here and elsewhere is NOT our best course. Emotional responses and knee jerk responses are the forte of the people trying to curtail our rights and liberties not us and they do us no good.

What to do now: These bills still have to go through the Assembly and Senate as well as Appropriation which mean the fight is still on.
We got hit, hard, but we're not out and now it's time to start swinging.

Go here: http://cgssa.org/ and contact our Volunteer Coordinator to learn how to help get the word out and how to get supplies and information to get as many people as possible voicing their opposition to this nonsense.

Go here: http://www.stoptheammograb.com/ and sign up as a volunteer to stop both Newsom's Folly and these bills and donate to help provide solid resources to educate gun owners and non-gun owners about what they are trying to do to our rights.

Go here: http://www.stoptheammograb.com/about and see all the 2A organizations, shooting sports associations and even law enforcement organizations that are banding together to work as a team towards a common goal. Most of us are in some way affiliated with one or more of these groups find the one you like and contact them and ask what you can do. We're all working together so your efforts through one group benefit all.

Go here: https://www.nraila.org/donate/, donations to NRA -ILA from California STAY in California and help fight these bills and Newsom's Folly. There can be no lawsuits until these bills pass and are signed, while the goal we are driving for is to have ALL of them fail if some don't NRA-ILA and your donations will be funding the Coalition for Civil Liberties legal actions.

It doesn't matter what you are good at or know how to do or not, every one of us brings a skill and talent to the table and those talents are needed and every one of them has a place.
I'm not Wayne LaPierre, I'm not Chuck Michel, I'm not Ed Worley and I can't do what they do. But I can do what I can do and do it to fight this attempt to infringe upon our rights and to take our property.

It's time to stop waiting for someone else to fix things.
It's time to roll up our sleeves and get to work.
It's time to put your talents to work for your rights and for your children's rights.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CGF.
Old 04-19-2016, 6:29 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks Kes. Hell of a pep talk!
Old 04-19-2016, 6:47 PM

Just kidding, carry on, continuing fighting.
Old 04-19-2016, 7:28 PM
membrum ex machina
CGN Contributor

Thanks for reminding everyone to get involved.

I am having trouble finding information on what bills passed and what they propose. Is there a thread or post that outlines them all together?
Mark 16:16
Old 04-19-2016, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainter1212 View Post
Thanks Kes. Hell of a pep talk!
Old 04-19-2016, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
After today the question comes up, 'What do we do now, how do I get involved in fighting back?'
First things first, everyone is angry and wants to do something NOW, I get that and share that sentiment. However much of what I'm seeing posted here and elsewhere is NOT our best course. Emotional responses and knee jerk responses are the forte of the people trying to curtail our rights and liberties not us and they do us no good.

What to do now: These bills still have to go through the Assembly and Senate as well as Appropriation which mean the fight is still on.
We got hit, hard, but we're not out and now it's time to start swinging.

Go here: http://cgssa.org/ and contact our Volunteer Coordinator to learn how to help get the word out and how to get supplies and information to get as many people as possible voicing their opposition to this nonsense.

Go here: http://www.stoptheammograb.com/ and sign up as a volunteer to stop both Newsom's Folly and these bills and donate to help provide solid resources to educate gun owners and non-gun owners about what they are trying to do to our rights.

Go here: http://www.stoptheammograb.com/about and see all the 2A organizations, shooting sports associations and even law enforcement organizations that are banding together to work as a team towards a common goal. Most of us are in some way affiliated with one or more of these groups find the one you like and contact them and ask what you can do. We're all working together so your efforts through one group benefit all.

Go here: https://www.nraila.org/donate/, donations to NRA -ILA from California STAY in California and help fight these bills and Newsom's Folly. There can be no lawsuits until these bills pass and are signed, while the goal we are driving for is to have ALL of them fail if some don't NRA-ILA and your donations will be funding the Coalition for Civil Liberties legal actions.

It doesn't matter what you are good at or know how to do or not, every one of us brings a skill and talent to the table and those talents are needed and every one of them has a place.
I'm not Wayne LaPierre, I'm not Chuck Michel, I'm not Ed Worley and I can't do what they do. But I can do what I can do and do it to fight this attempt to infringe upon our rights and to take our property.

It's time to stop waiting for someone else to fix things.
It's time to roll up our sleeves and get to work.
It's time to put your talents to work for your rights and for your children's rights.
uploadfromtaptalk1461124642478.jpg
Old 04-19-2016, 8:18 PM

I need to do something for sure, this is insanity.
Old 04-19-2016, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WASR10 View Post
Thanks for reminding everyone to get involved.

I am having trouble finding information on what bills passed and what they propose. Is there a thread or post that outlines them all together?

GunMegeddon tomorrow...
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1188538
Old 04-19-2016, 8:30 PM
membrum ex machina
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldraque View Post
Thank you
Mark 16:16
Old 04-19-2016, 8:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Cry and cross fingers?

Old 04-19-2016, 8:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Tearsofthesun2.jpg

-- John Wayne as Davy Crockett in The Alamo
Old 04-19-2016, 10:45 PM

Ever since the Stockton Schoolyard Shooting of January 17, 1989 I have heard individuals who can only be described as ignorant and apathetic whiners and cowards preach the near end to legal firearms ownership in CA. For 27 years they have been wrong thus far.

During that 27 years there have always been a large number of courageous, hard-working heroes doing all they can to protect our RKBA here in CA. It's these people that have made a real difference and not the aforementioned.

DON'T EVER GIVE UP! Do all that you can!

Last edited by Duesenberg; 04-20-2016 at 7:20 PM..
Old 04-20-2016, 2:44 AM

I think the only thing we can do is start getting the free states involved in this fight. How can we get them to care, and is there any way they can hurt our economy through sanctions? This might seem ridiculous...but these bills being passed are insane. There has to be a point where other states need to start butting in and say...hold on here...this is the U.S. Constitution were talking about...we can't just let certain states walk all over it...right?
Old 04-20-2016, 4:18 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertjosh View Post
Cry and cross fingers?
Move along, Stilwell. We've got work to do here.

Old 04-20-2016, 4:40 AM

Hit the gym even harder.

Save more money.

Train. Train. Train.

Stay focused.

Volunteer.

They want to shake up the weak people. Don't be weak.
Old 04-20-2016, 8:08 AM
Calguns Addict

The best we can all do is stay and fight. I'm tired or hearing from the quitters bragging about how great their new state is.

It's bad enough they abandoned the fight, but to brag about being a quitter here?

Go form Texas Guns, Arizona Guns or whatever.
Old 04-20-2016, 8:23 AM

Hey Kes, thanks for the info. I think there is a big opportunity to get a lot of quiet gun owners involved. I know for a fact there at a lot of us gun owners in Silicon Valley that work for social media companies. But I think we need to get them involved as frictionless as possible and turn them into advocates.

Here are some of my thoughts:
- utilize social media and maybe start a change.org petition
- use common sense and modern approach to messaging like "why implement wasteful gun control laws that have no guarantee of working; in could only exacerbate our prison population problems"
- tone down polarizing anti-liberal banter; used to alienate people like me. I'm neither a republican or democrat (both have their flaws)
- every person counts so we should try to be more inclusive rather than "eff you so move out of this country then" when striking dialogue with others who might not support 2A yet

Just my .02
Old 04-20-2016, 8:56 AM

We need to get a company who can make a whole lot of .17 WInchester Super Magnum cases necked up to .22 caliber...
Old 04-20-2016, 9:18 AM

Old 04-20-2016, 9:29 AM

We need to get to those folks who are indifferent about guns in general, but are keen on Constitutional protections, and are not aware of what is going on in the 2A arena.

I have many friends and colleagues who are conservatives and who believe that we have certain inalienable rights. But they don't hunt, they don't shoot. They don't own a gun.

These bills have no impact on them. None. They aren't hoplophobes, just disaffected. It is these folks who we need to reach out to. They can make the difference for us.
Old 04-20-2016, 9:43 AM

Thumbs up

If you donate to NRA-ILA at Tuner's Outdoorsman, they'll match your donation.

https://www.turners.com/info/step-up...a#.Vxe_wHqULrw

Last edited by Swatter911; 04-20-2016 at 9:48 AM..
Old 04-20-2016, 9:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
The best we can all do is stay and fight. I'm tired or hearing from the quitters bragging about how great their new state is.

It's bad enough they abandoned the fight, but to brag about being a quitter here?

I very much agree. It seems to be almost like sex for some of those cowards to post how glorious they feel their new homes are.

Truth be told if the were actually as happy as they claim, they would be living their new lives and not trying to sell their new lives -- largely to themselves it would appear.
Old 04-20-2016, 2:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognito925 View Post
Hey Kes, thanks for the info. I think there is a big opportunity to get a lot of quiet gun owners involved. I know for a fact there at a lot of us gun owners in Silicon Valley that work for social media companies. But I think we need to get them involved as frictionless as possible and turn them into advocates.

Here are some of my thoughts:
- utilize social media and maybe start a change.org petition
- use common sense and modern approach to messaging like "why implement wasteful gun control laws that have no guarantee of working; in could only exacerbate our prison population problems"
- tone down polarizing anti-liberal banter; used to alienate people like me. I'm neither a republican or democrat (both have their flaws)
- every person counts so we should try to be more inclusive rather than "eff you so move out of this country then" when striking dialogue with others who might not support 2A yet

Just my .02

Quoting for visibility. Couldn't agree more.
Old 04-20-2016, 2:50 PM
Banned

Or you could remember to vote for a candidate that is pro gun and not waste your vote on a third party dream while letting an anti gun zealot walk into office. Just saying....that's what you can do now.
Old 04-20-2016, 3:06 PM

I whole heartily agree with you! Stay and fight! My friends that have left California are mad they did and now want to come back and can't afford to lol.

We need a champion, a face. We need a Kurt Russell. Look at what Dee Snyder (twisted sister) did for music and the 1st amendment in the 80s early 90s. Right now the evil NRA and Texas open carriers are our face and we don't look very attractive.

Old 04-20-2016, 3:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The "Evil NRA? Wth?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: always cheat and always win."

"Don't shoot fast, shoot good."

-- Clint Smith
Old 04-20-2016, 3:15 PM
Veteran Member

Just left a local gun store and there was a bunch of talk about this going on. I heard one "gent" say, "and this is why I am not a NRA member"... "They never do anything for CA"

So here we are again....how many of you who are jumping up and down and all ticked off...are still NOT NRA members?

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
It makes it bigger and longer.
Old 04-20-2016, 3:49 PM
Banned

Default perfection

This is the POV for those who need perfection out of an imperfect world. Things must be their way, no other way, and since its not they won't help, vote, or make a difference - except to benefit the polar opposite group who will take away our rights and in fact - want too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBamBoo View Post
Just left a local gun store and there was a bunch of talk about this going on. I heard one "gent" say, "and this is why I am not a NRA member"... "They never do anything for CA"

So here we are again....how many of you who are jumping up and down and all ticked off...are still NOT NRA members?

Old 04-20-2016, 4:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

As has been posted here more times than I can count...

The reasons for leaving CA do not indicate RKBA is the major reason...rising taxes, CA's welcome mat to the FSA and friendly non-documented visitors, decline in public schools, heavy union influence, etc. generally prevail.

Bragging? I think if people post how they've bettered their and their family's lives, more power to them.

Quitter? Any general knows when to reform, realign, and fight back. A review California history indicates general dismissal of both the Constitution and Bill of Rights. And it doesn't really matter if you live in a "tony", as you call it, town or in the middle of LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverone858 View Post
I whole heartily agree with you! Stay and fight! My friends that have left California are mad they did and now want to come back and can't afford to lol.

We need a champion, a face. We need a Kurt Russell. Look at what Dee Snyder (twisted sister) did for music and the 1st amendment in the 80s early 90s. Right now the evil NRA and Texas open carriers are our face and we don't look very attractive.
Many would "stay and fight", though history has demonstrated the futility of that mindset in major population centers in the state.

Your friends did not do their homework before moving, and / or were not serious about leaving the state. Step 1 is find a job. Step 1A is to plan an exit strategy if you think you might have the most remote reason for ever moving back. If you can't find a reason, go forward. If you have a reason, plan an exit strategy from your new state. Own a home? Lease it for a while until you're sure you can put down roots in the new state.

Trying the same approach over and over and expecting different results continues not to work in the state of California.

I never once felt out of place or that people were intolerant...but then again, I didn't ask any dumbass questions ...saxman

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
Mark Twain

Last edited by -hanko; 04-20-2016 at 6:13 PM..
Old 04-20-2016, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPBrowningMK3 View Post
The "Evil NRA? Wth?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Is this not what the anti gunners say "if it wasn't for the NRA we could pass this common sense blah blah blah" and "the only people who care about guns are white rednecks from Texas" tell me you haven't read this kind of crap all over the place for the last God knows how long.
We need a better representative of gun owners, we need celebrity involvement in target shooting, hunting and all in the media.
BTW I am a NRA member.

Old 04-20-2016, 7:21 PM
Veteran Member

I'm beginning to question the real motivation of those who continue to pitch the "all is lost" and/or "there's honor in running away" approach to the battle before us.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Last edited by Mayor McRifle; 04-20-2016 at 7:25 PM..
Old 04-20-2016, 7:36 PM

Great post Kestryll.

What am I going to do?

Donate to the NRA-ILA, buy some cartridge boxes and influence others to do the same.

Might even buy nice semi-auto rifle too.
Old 04-20-2016, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
Many would "stay and fight", though history has demonstrated the futility of that mindset in major population centers in the state.
I sure am glad that you weren't around in the revolutionary time to tell George Washington about the futility of his fight against the reigning world super power. Otherwise, we would be drinking tea and have bad teeth

I do agree that gun owners have to let go of the idiotic arm waving and yelling about gun rights. It just strengthens the media narrative about THEM "gun nuts". Once you are looked as OTHER, you have lost the battle.

The time has come to fight for our rights intelligently NOT emotionally.
Old 04-20-2016, 8:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesundheit View Post
I sure am glad that you weren't around in the revolutionary time to tell George Washington about the futility of his fight against the reigning world super power. Otherwise, we would be drinking tea and have bad teeth

I do agree that gun owners have to let go of the idiotic arm waving and yelling about gun rights. It just strengthens the media narrative about THEM "gun nuts". Once you are looked as OTHER, you have lost the battle.

The time has come to fight for our rights intelligently NOT emotionally.
We've collectively been fighting for our rights as long or longer than I've been here. We seem to losing on 2-3 bills each year, and those that we defeat or the governor veto's come right back a year latter.

As to the George Washington example, I have no doubt I would have been in his army or the militia. Differences between moving between countries and founding a new country, and moving between states should be more than a no-brainer.

As to "quitting", I still give 5-figures a year to the NRA folks and ask that it all be spent in California.

I never once felt out of place or that people were intolerant...but then again, I didn't ask any dumbass questions ...saxman

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
Mark Twain
Old 04-20-2016, 8:23 PM
misanthrope
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Yeah, it is terrible that people got smart and left a sinking ship....me personally, I'm starting to see a whole bunch of "the sky is falling" organizations popping up. If a person is really going to throw money at the communist overthrow of CA, then I would suggest the NRA & CRPA as they both have lobbyists in CA. I'd hate to see entities playing on people's fears just to enrich themselves.

- Gavin Newsom
Old 04-20-2016, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Yeah, it is terrible that people got smart and left a sinking ship....me personally, I'm starting to see a whole bunch of "the sky is falling" organizations popping up. If a person is really going to throw money at the communist overthrow of CA, then I would suggest the NRA & CRPA as they both have lobbyists in CA. I'd hate to see entities playing on people's fears just to enrich themselves.
Unless you have proof of this, please stay out of California gun rights discussions. You made your decision to escape. Let those of us still here, fight the good fight.
Old 04-20-2016, 8:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Just donated $100.00 via the link. Never asked for any info. Hope it makes it to the California fund.
Old 04-20-2016, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
I'm beginning to question the real motivation of those who continue to pitch the "all is lost" and/or "there's honor in running away" approach to the battle before us.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
I'd like people with money to divest/move jobs away and wreck the California economy. That's my real motivation.
Old 04-20-2016, 9:10 PM
misanthrope
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesundheit View Post
Unless you have proof of this, please stay out of California gun rights discussions. You made your decision to escape. Let those of us still here, fight the good fight.

Proof of what? I get emails on a constant basis from groups supposedly representing CA gunowners asking for money. Most of them Ive never heard of. And don't tell what to stay out of. Ill comment how and on what I please until the mods tell me I cant. The "good fight," huh? Maybe you better look at the latest Sac Bee interview with your soon-to-be new Governor.

- Gavin Newsom
Old 04-20-2016, 9:23 PM
Veteran Member

This is what it would have been like if the Vichy French had had the Internet in the early 1940s.