Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

View Poll Results: BBRAW vs Featureless RAW
BBBRAW 10 13.51%
Featureless RAW 9 12.16%
Mix of both 7 9.46%
No registration / non-compliance 24 32.43%
Leave CA 16 21.62%
Bacon RAW 8 10.81%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2017, 6:42 PM
Picking Up Brass
CGN Contributor

Default BBRAW vs Featureless RAW

With many folks either registering their BB rifles or converting to featureless, what would you prefer down the road if the legislature moves to ban all semi auto rifles? It's something worth considering now, as de-registering a BBRAW could be a major pain in the arse.

Last edited by Mountain Max; 11-28-2017 at 6:57 PM..
Old 11-28-2017, 6:55 PM
Veteran Member

Can’t have a featureless RAW...
Old 11-28-2017, 8:08 PM
Shiny
CGN Contributor

If they try to ban all semi-auto rifles why would it even matter how they're configured? features, no features, registered or not they're still semi-auto.

And RAW bacon is bad for you...gotta fry it first.
Old 11-28-2017, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Max View Post
With many folks either registering their BB rifles or converting to featureless, what would you prefer down the road if the legislature moves to ban all semi auto rifles? It's something worth considering now, as de-registering a BBRAW could be a major pain in the arse.
BBRAW guns which left the factory with a pistol grip, no grip wrap involved. AR, etc.

Featureless guns which were made without one. M1 Carbine, HK SL6, Hakim, M14, SKS. Maybe a FightLite SCR AR.

Semi-automatics without detachable magazines. M1 Garand.

Recall "Buy them all" is the motto of gun owners everywhere.
Old 11-28-2017, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldarshay View Post
Under DOJ's latest adopted regulations a bullpup between 26" and 30" is an assault weapon even when lacking the features enumerated by PC 30515(a)(1)

We'd also have featureless RAWs if Brown didn't veto the ban which passed both houses in 2013; although I expect that next time they'll add a new banned category as they did with .50 BMG rifles.
Old 11-28-2017, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Honestly, having a standard mag release beats any of the evil features for me. Flash hider? Don't care. Adjustable stock? Don't care. Not having a pistol grip sucks, but I'd rather have a standard mag release.

If you could take off the bullet button off a post-2017 RAW, then there would be a much better argument for registration instead of going featureless, but DOJ says no.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Eckhardt View Post
Under DOJ's latest adopted regulations a bullpup between 26" and 30" is an assault weapon even when lacking the features enumerated by PC 30515(a)(1)

We'd also have featureless RAWs if Brown didn't veto the ban which passed both houses in 2013; although I expect that next time they'll add a new banned category as they did with .50 BMG rifles.
A Centerfire Rifle, bullpup or not, under 30”, hasn’t been legal without a stamp in CA for a long time. Nothing to do with current regs.

Again you can’t have a featureless AW. Unless it fell under the prior AWB. In which, I’m not sure why you’d go featureless when you can have all of the evil features. According to the new BBAW law, the bullet button must stay on. Nor can you register a rifle in featureless configuration, as that is not an AW. Therefore, you can not have a featureless BBAW.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:51 PM
Picking Up Brass
CGN Contributor

Quote:
A Centerfire Rifle, bullpup or not, under 30”, hasn’t been legal without a stamp in CA for a long time. Nothing to do with current regs.

Again you can’t have a featureless AW. Unless it fell under the prior AWB. In which, I’m not sure why you’d go featureless when you can have all of the evil features. According to the new BBAW law, the bullet button must stay on. Nor can you register a rifle in featureless configuration, as that is not an AW. Therefore, you can not have a featureless BBAW.
We're talking about future potential legislation that bans all semi auto rifles, where owners would be forced to register their featureless rifles like they currently would with a RAW.
Old 11-29-2017, 8:44 AM

They will go after featureless next, It will never end in California.

The Democratic party is just not meant to run in a way where they go a year without putting control and restrictions into citizens. Every gun law is a win, and it will keep coming until the bare minimum of pellet gun ban.
Old 11-29-2017, 9:09 AM
I need a LIFE!!

"Will not comply" is leading...
Old 11-29-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
We're talking about future potential legislation that bans all semi auto rifles, where owners would be forced to register their featureless rifles like they currently would with a RAW.
I'd like to see them try and force me...
Old 11-29-2017, 11:46 AM
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducitis View Post
They will go after featureless next, It will never end in California.

The Democratic party is just not meant to run in a way where they go a year without putting control and restrictions into citizens. Every gun law is a win, and it will keep coming until the bare minimum of pellet gun ban.
If they go after featureless it means they are going after semi autos with detachable magazines.
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman

Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman
Old 11-29-2017, 12:43 PM

Default Lol

Quote:
My thoughts exactly
Old 11-29-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I must have missed that in the OP... found it...
Old 11-29-2017, 12:47 PM

If they do ban semi autos it will be the end of civil obedience among every gun owner I know.
Cali can shove it
Old 11-29-2017, 1:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sMp View Post
I must have missed that in the OP... found it...
Yeah, I think it was added after my first response. Didn’t realize we were talking “hypotheticals”
Old 11-29-2017, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
"Will not comply" is leading...
Don't get too excited.

I voted for that choice, but my choice is for the no registration part, not the non-compliance part.

I am going fixed mag with the Bear Flag Defense BF-10 loader which will make me non-registered yet fully compliant.

https://www.bearflagdefense.com/pages/bf-10

Already received my BF-10 loader and it works as good as it is advertised!
Old 11-29-2017, 2:09 PM
Veteran Member

I'm leaving February 9th for a free state.
Old 11-29-2017, 3:52 PM
Picking Up Brass
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Yeah, I think it was added after my first response. Didn’t realize we were talking “hypotheticals”
The edit was to add bold to the part of the OP that wasn't read, which you can verify by clicking on the edit history.
Old 11-29-2017, 4:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Califpatriot View Post
Honestly, having a standard mag release beats any of the evil features for me. Flash hider? Don't care. Adjustable stock? Don't care. Not having a pistol grip sucks, but I'd rather have a standard mag release.

If you could take off the bullet button off a post-2017 RAW, then there would be a much better argument for registration instead of going featureless, but DOJ says no.
Freedom is great isn't it?
Old 11-29-2017, 5:17 PM

Bullet buttons suck. I've already converted to featureless, and my lower was "registered" with the DOJ at the time of purchase. Between the fact the DOJ already knows and that I have a professional license that I could lose if convicted of illegal possession of an AW, noncompliance is not an option.
Old 11-30-2017, 9:05 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Eckhardt View Post

It's always been one (well, since 2000), there just wasn't a legal definition of how the length was measured. Now there is, and it isn't as generous as the definition we had been assuming.
Quote:

If you were to take a BBRAW, remove all the features, remove the BB, I'm curious as to whether you could be charged with anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
A real live woman is more expensive than a fleshlight. Which would you rather have?