Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-05-2017, 1:04 PM

Default LA City warning letter (again)

Hi All,
I did a search before posting as I know this has been asked many times, but there has been nothing discussed for more than a year (that I found anyway).
Is the City Attorney still sending letters with the purchase of a handgun in LA? I've gotten mixed messages when I have asked various people and I wondered if there was anything new on the subject.
Thanks,
Wade

And this has nothing to do with the USP I just put in jail and haven't discussed with anyone at home...
These are the most valuable things you have and once they are gone, you can not get them back.
Old 03-05-2017, 1:09 PM

Haven't received one in over a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2017, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade65 View Post
Hi All,
I did a search before posting as I know this has been asked many times, but there has been nothing discussed for more than a year (that I found anyway).
Is the City Attorney still sending letters with the purchase of a handgun in LA? I've gotten mixed messages when I have asked various people and I wondered if there was anything new on the subject.
Thanks,
Wade

And this has nothing to do with the USP I just put in jail and haven't discussed with anyone at home...
Wade65,

If I remember correctly I received only one letter in the past regarding my responsibilities in purchasing a firearm in the city of L.A. Since then I haven't received any more letters in the mail so perhaps iit was realized the city was wasting time and money.

Mail Clerk
Old 03-05-2017, 9:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mail Clerk View Post
Wade65,

If I remember correctly I received only one letter in the past regarding my responsibilities in purchasing a firearm in the city of L.A. Since then I haven't received any more letters in the mail so perhaps iit was realized the city was wasting time and money.

Mail Clerk
I never heard of this before. I just looked up the letter and it reads like a lot of threats and harassment.

I'm glad I moved out of LA years ago.
Old 03-06-2017, 5:50 AM

It was never really an "ongoing" thing. A few people posted that they got them, but the vast majority of us did not.
It was not a threat. It was an exaggerated response to an uncompromising stance. I was taught never to make a threat unless you are prepared to carry it out and I am not a fan of carrying anything. Even watching other people carrying things makes me uncomfortable. Mainly because of the possibility they may ask me to help.
Old 03-06-2017, 5:59 AM

so your saying you need to be at the mail box before your wife sees the letter........... thats what I got out of the question LOL
Old 03-06-2017, 8:34 AM

I received a letter for every purchase I made between 2012 and 2015 regardless of whether or not the firearm was a handgun, a rifle, or a shotgun. In April of 2015 I stopped receiving them.
Old 03-06-2017, 9:25 AM

Copied from a Michel & Assoc update thread:

"Los Angeles City “warning letters” – For several years, the Los Angeles City Attorney mailed threatening letters to new gun purchasers warning them of their obligations and the stiff penalties for violating and of California’s numerous firearm laws. NRA and CRPA pressed the Los Angeles City Attorney for information on how it obtained gun owner information, and as a result voluntarily discontinued the program in 2015."

The thread is titled:NRA and CRPA California Legal Affairs Report (February 2017)

It's a good read and worth doing a search on.
Old 03-06-2017, 1:00 PM

Moved & voted in Pahrump NV near Frontsight.com best move to preserve my gun rights & sanity 😎

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2017, 4:25 AM

Yep, I used to get those "love letters" for every gun purchase until June 2015 and then they stopped. They would come within the 10 day waiting period.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk