Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 12-22-2012, 9:21 AM

Default SPEAKER BOEHNER CAN STOP SEN. FEINSTEIN'S GUN BAN IN ITS TRACKS

It's time to write to Speaker John Boehner (R-OH)

SPEAKER BOEHNER CAN STOP SEN. FEINSTEIN'S GUN BAN IN ITS TRACKS

Since the horrific crime in Connecticut took place on Dec. 14, Democrats have paraded their plans for banning various categories of guns and gun shows across the national stage. Sen. Feinstein (D-CA) seems sure of herself, as do her two recent converts, Sens. Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Mark Warner (D-VA).
However, we must remember that none of this is a done deal -- it's not even close -- and that Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) can stop these gun grabs in their tracks when the legislation reaches the House.

And Boehner needs to know that that's what conservatives expect him to do.
The time for going along to get along has long past, because Democrats have proven willing to go along only with that which includes doing away with our constitutionally protected freedoms.

Other members of the GOP House leadership also need to know that this is what conservatives expect.

Even as I type this post, a friend who happens to be a military officer is emailing me from Utah to say there is widespread panic in that state as they anticipate the proposed bans. But we don't need to panic. Rather, we need to be diligent by holding our respective House Members' feet to fire (and Speaker Boehner's feet as well).

Republicans can stop this push as soon as it reaches the House.

There is a Congressional election in less than two years, and we each need to make it clear that conservatives will not be voting for any House member who lacks the courage to support the constitution at such a time as this.

Source: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-In-Its-Tracks
Old 12-22-2012, 9:33 AM

I agree wholeheartedly. Any scum bag turn coat will get run out of office just like they did after the failed AWB of '94.
Old 12-22-2012, 9:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Im waiting til the NRA or SAF tells us what to do in a coordinated effort.
Old 12-22-2012, 9:54 AM
Calguns Addict

The Republican Party needs to learn in a big hurry that many millions of US gun owners only vote Republican BECAUSE of their past support of the 2nd Amendment.

Time for Boehner to stand up to the anti's and oppose them or alternatively he can appease them and see the Republican Party become insignificant and irrelevant for the forseeable future.

"While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"
Old 12-22-2012, 10:15 AM

You don't think O will bypass this with an EO which is good for 3 years minimum? He also has that U.N. treaty he just joined us into banning guns and can fall back to international law if needed. They know the House isn't going to pass anything and will backdoor it in some other way.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:24 AM

The only thing that motivates these politicians is the threat of losing their cushy gov't job and all the perks that go with it. They would vote for caning nuns if they thought it would earn them votes. Make sure your polite letter makes clear you will not vote for them if they compromise on this issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Earl Jones
The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:06 AM

Don't count on Bhoener - he may very well be out of a job in January.