Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 12-18-2012, 2:48 PM

Default cheaper than caved in, stop selling rifles online... dicks sporting Good's too

"Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending online sales of firearms effective immediately.

We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories."

Michael Tenny, CEO

http://gunnuts.net/2012/12/18/cheape...ine-gun-sales/

http://www.ajc.com/news/ap/crime/dic...-rifles/nTY9H/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 12-18-2012, 3:09 PM

Ridiculous its things like this that make gun owners look guilty somehow.
HM3 John D. House, HN Aaron A. Kent, HM2 Cesar O. Baez, HM3 Travis Youngblood, HM3 Christopher W. Thompson, HM2 Allan M. Cundanga Espiritu (True Heros)
Old 12-18-2012, 3:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Old 12-18-2012, 3:17 PM

lost my business
Old 12-18-2012, 3:21 PM

I will not make another purchase from ANY company that jumps on the media bandwagon trying to get their FREE 10 seconds of fame. The way I see it, any company that sells firearms and now stops because of the recent shootings, is using the deaths of these children to get their companys name in the media. They should hang their heads in shame.
Old 12-18-2012, 3:44 PM

However, they're still selling M855 federal for 70+ cents a round!!!!
and they TRIPLED their price on PMAGS... I betch the real deal is they dont have ANY guns left to sell, so their selling PR now

They really are turning into douche bags; whoulda' thunk' a Texas company would be this chickenshat...

However, they're still selling M855 federal for 70+ cents a round!!!!
and they TRIPLED their price on PMAGS... I betch the real deal is they dont have ANY guns left to sell, so their selling PR now

They really are turning into douche bags; whoulda' thunk' a Texas company would be this chickenshat...

Wait, CTD would have sold and shipped a gun to me, without using an FFL?

They should stop selling ammo and accessories online too. Focus on their retail locations instead.
Old 12-18-2012, 3:48 PM

Apparently, there was a hiccup that resulted in a double post. Strange.

Mike

This is the USA. We don't elect kings, we rebel against them!
Old 12-18-2012, 3:48 PM

When I found out about this, I went to their site and used the customer service area on their site to send them the following communication:

To whom it may concern;

I just became aware of your change in policy to disallow the sale of firearms.

While I completely respect your right and responsibility to make business decisions based upon economic or market realities, etc., I am not at all comfortable with any decision you might make that is a result of political or media pressure.

Economic forces making you change is a proper necessity in business. Political or media pressure making you change is what happens in nations like the former USSR, China, or any number of two bit banana republics.

That is not yet where Texas is located nor even where I reside here in California, although I believe I am much closer living here than those of my fellow patriots in Texas.

As a teenage boy, my father fought to defend his family against an occupying military that would wield with brutal force their will upon those he loved and those who shared his homeland.

He immigrated here and joined the U.S. military and then fought once more to protect and defend the U.S. Constitution.

What kind of legacy will you leave to us if you turn and run at the first sign of pressure from an assault on our liberty?

I thought much more of you at one time but apparently I was wrong to do so and my disappointment in your decision will preclude me from doing any future business with you.

Mike

This is the USA. We don't elect kings, we rebel against them!
Old 12-18-2012, 4:06 PM

Loyal CTD customers are "unliking" CTD Facebook page. Thousands of comments from frustrated loyal customers.

https://www.facebook.com/cheaperthandirt?ref=ts&fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2764323&type=1

Old 12-18-2012, 4:14 PM

Boycott Cheaper than dirt facebook page got 8.6k likes in 7 hrs and counting.

https://www.facebook.com/BoycottCheaperThanDirt

Old 12-18-2012, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt4design View Post
When I found out about this, I went to their site and used the customer service area on their site to send them the following communication:

To whom it may concern;

I just became aware of your change in policy to disallow the sale of firearms.

While I completely respect your right and responsibility to make business decisions based upon economic or market realities, etc., I am not at all comfortable with any decision you might make that is a result of political or media pressure.

Economic forces making you change is a proper necessity in business. Political or media pressure making you change is what happens in nations like the former USSR, China, or any number of two bit banana republics.

That is not yet where Texas is located nor even where I reside here in California, although I believe I am much closer living here than those of my fellow patriots in Texas.

As a teenage boy, my father fought to defend his family against an occupying military that would wield with brutal force their will upon those he loved and those who shared his homeland.

He immigrated here and joined the U.S. military and then fought once more to protect and defend the U.S. Constitution.

What kind of legacy will you leave to us if you turn and run at the first sign of pressure from an assault on our liberty?

I thought much more of you at one time but apparently I was wrong to do so and my disappointment in your decision will preclude me from doing any future business with you.

Mike
I also sent an email very similar. I will not support any gun stores or distributors that dont stand for our right as americans
HM3 John D. House, HN Aaron A. Kent, HM2 Cesar O. Baez, HM3 Travis Youngblood, HM3 Christopher W. Thompson, HM2 Allan M. Cundanga Espiritu (True Heros)
Old 12-18-2012, 4:18 PM

I agree with navycorpsman and mt4design, i support business who supports us and our rights.

Old 12-18-2012, 4:19 PM

Unliked and done with them. Unfreakingbelievable how cowards tuck their tails and run.
Old 12-18-2012, 4:30 PM

Never did like. But would unlike if I could.

CCW
Old 12-18-2012, 4:36 PM

CTD = Cowering To Democrats

Old 12-18-2012, 4:41 PM
Calguns Addict

I'll never shop there or Dicks.
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 12-18-2012, 4:48 PM
Calguns Addict

CTD in the past refused to ship firearms to CA, so this behavior is nothing new. This makes them basically anti-gun, so you should buy elsewhere, even if they realize their mistake.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 12-18-2012, 4:53 PM

Cheaper Than Dirt and Dick's sporting goods and all the other vendors and company's should be ashamed of themselves. All these knee-jerk reactions to restrict the sale, ownership and purchase of rifles is unconstitutional and violates the rights of every single American citizen.
An AR style rifle is just another rifle. It is an American firearm, and yes it happens to fight for freedom in the name of the United States of America, but that is an automatic weapon. The AR-15 is the civilian version. Get it straight.
To all the liberals and liberal law makers; assualt weapons should only be classified as automatic weapons (barely), and we already have laws banning automatic weapons. If you want communist law, move your butts to Russia or China, but don't wipe the dog excrement off your shoes and onto our constitution!
Maybe you law makers should spend more time helping the mentally ill instead of pushing your personal agendas into the law books, and this sort of thing wont happen! Guns don't kill people, people do! Do forks make obiese people fat? Whats next? Cars kill people, smoking kills people, the sun kills people.......We already rid the world of some of the most ruthless dictators through history, don't start regressing ours freedoms to their ways!
Old 12-18-2012, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuccales View Post
I will not make another purchase from ANY company that jumps on the media bandwagon trying to get their FREE 10 seconds of fame. The way I see it, any company that sells firearms and now stops because of the recent shootings, is using the deaths of these children to get their companys name in the media. They should hang their heads in shame.
Just saw "Dicks" on the CBS Nightly News. I sure hope they enjoyed their 30 seconds of free media time.
Old 12-18-2012, 4:59 PM

Default CTD...

...just lost another customer. Shameful.
Old 12-18-2012, 4:59 PM

FAIL

They better start bringing in the yuppie hipster gear at both of those places because I sure as hell aint going there anymore. If they think they are going to get more business by alienating the most loyal customers there are, they are sorely mistaken.

Quote:
"How many more tragedies does it take before we do something,” he demanded. “How many more children have to die before this country realizes that No-Gun Zones create perfect locations for violence? You can not stop criminals and mad men with laws, you can only stop violence with the fear of armed victims."
-Alan Gottlieb
Old 12-18-2012, 5:02 PM

I stop shopping from CTD a few years ago. They refuse to ship AR parts, not just guns to CA. Now the rest of the country can see what kind of retailer they are.
Old 12-18-2012, 5:02 PM
Prawn Lives Matter
CGN Contributor

CTD stopped selling ammo, knives, sharp objects to us in California a while ago.
I stopped buying from this sheep outfit then.
-g
Old 12-18-2012, 5:27 PM

I never really shopped there cause I could always get better stuff somewhere els, cheaper. BUT AS A TEXAN AND GUN OWNER I AM ****'N DISGUSTED THAT YOU WOULD TURN YOUR BACK ON YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS IN A TIME WHEN WE NEED REPRESENTATION AMONGST OTHER LEADING QUALITIES IN OUR GUN AND MERCHANDISE PROVIDERS. GET THE **** OUT OF MY STATE, AND PULL THE KNIVES OUT OF OUR BACKS ON YOUR WAY OUT!
Old 12-18-2012, 5:33 PM

Sounds like a bad business decision to me. There are plenty of other places that sell firearms and ammo, and I'm sure they would be more than happy to make the sale.

The confusing part is why are CTD and Dick's pandering to the anti's. They are not going to buy anything from them anyway.
Old 12-18-2012, 5:41 PM

F them
Old 12-18-2012, 5:46 PM

Dick's Sporting Goods suspends some rifle sales

Quote:
It says sales of "modern sporting rifles" will be suspended during "this time of national mourning."
Clearly, as I said to them in an email via their corporate website, the Second Amendment is merely a tool through which to achieve sales and revenue and something that can be disregarded when inconvenient.

There's a relatively new Dick's in Oxnard. Boycott Dick's!

ETA: dupe of OP, but the info still applies!

Last edited by Gasman; 12-18-2012 at 5:49 PM.. Reason: dupe
Old 12-18-2012, 5:49 PM

Thumbs down

Weeeaak!!
Old 12-18-2012, 5:53 PM

HAHA what a bunch of goons. I couldnt believe when I heard that CTD had done this. I sent them a similar email and told them I no longer want their junk catalog sent to me.

DISGRACE!!!

I stand for 'MERICA!!!!!

Praise be to the Lord, my Rock, who has trained my hands for war and my fingers for battle.Psalm 144:1

Last edited by splitmx; 12-18-2012 at 6:34 PM..
Old 12-18-2012, 5:55 PM
CGN Contributor

All I can say is this is ridiculous. People are going to do horrific things no matter what their weapon of choice is. It's sad but true. Moral of this is that if CTD starts selling rifles online again, don't buy from them. They are not true supporters of the shooting sports and american way of life.
Old 12-18-2012, 5:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitmx View Post
HAHA what a bunch of goons. I couldnt believe when I heard that CTD had done this. I sent them a similar email and told them I no longer want their junk catalog sent to me.

DISGRACE!!!

I stand for 'MERICA!!!!!

[IMG]http://www.lolwtfcomics.com/upload/uploads/1340286405.jpg[/ IMG]

LOL - A buddy at work had this on the background of his computer. I found it hillarious
Welcome to calguns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some idiot who ownes calgunz
d)No profanity or otherwise uncivilized behavior.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=38466
Old 12-18-2012, 6:30 PM

the "likes" of their page has dropped about 300 in the last 30 minutes
Old 12-18-2012, 6:34 PM

Whoops. Didnt mean to break the rules.

Still thought it was funny.

Edited and on with the topic.

I wont ever buy from CTD again. Hippies.

Praise be to the Lord, my Rock, who has trained my hands for war and my fingers for battle.Psalm 144:1
Old 12-18-2012, 6:42 PM

Huh...I guess everything isn't really better in Texas.
Old 12-18-2012, 7:09 PM

The only dirt they were ever cheaper than was very rich gold bearing dirt anyway. Good Riddance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaMasterTech View Post
So far, I've had six beers, four redbulls, eight twinkies and I'm REALLY afraid to fart!
Old 12-18-2012, 7:20 PM

Cheaper than Dicks? Hahahhahah

Old 12-18-2012, 7:26 PM

And the reason I should care about a company that in the past has catered to the California state government's every whim is? This new policy just means other states get the same treatment we've gotten for years.
Old 12-18-2012, 7:36 PM

Review this "Policy"...

"worth less than dirt", "peckers" and "wally" ..

KICK ROCKS..

you guys sucked as it was..