Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 12-17-2012, 7:26 PM

Default RGUNS Review - AVOID!!! RGUNS = RIPOFF

Didn't see one on this forum so I will post this just so that others don't go through the same experience I did.

Looking around for cheap 5.56 AR15 Complete Uppers I found that most sites were selling the ones I bought (last year for $379) for upward of $500 and most were out of stock. I stumbled upon RGUNS.net and found that they had some reasonably priced carbine length 16" M4 cut barrels WITH BCG and CH for $409 + $20 for shipping. I emailed before I ordered and asked if they were in stock and they replied very quickly and said they were in stock.
Great, I thought. I ordered 2 immediately along with a few hundred worth of other misc. parts. I got the tracking number for UPS a few days later and the money was charged to my card and I thought all was good. About a week later I checked the UPS tracking number to see my package’s progress and it showed that they acknowledge the label was created but nothing was received. I emailed them and asked for an ETA. NO ANSWER. I called them, a guy picked up. I asked when they were going to ship my items. He asked me what I had ordered and I told him. He quickly said that he had just gotten the barrels in today and were building the uppers now and were going to ship them Monday. Funny thing was I called on a Sunday and as far as I know, there isn’t a mail service that delivers on Sunday, and more to the point they had told me that the uppers were in stock before I ordered them.

I waited another week and still no movement on the tracking. I looked up other reviews on their site and learned that this has happened to many other people (wish I had looked into them before I ordered from them).

I wrote this to them in an email:

“I've read many bad reviews about your site after I placed my order and I do not want to be ripped off. I asked if you had the items prior to ordering and you said you did, there should be no reason it would take over 15 days to ship in stock items... Need a response from you or movement on the tracking you provided or I will have to go to my card company soon and have them launch an investigation.”

I got this exact message as a response from them (including bad grammar):

“well if it in the Internet it must be true and I'm a french model. under normal time we would get it out in 1 day. right now due to the election X mas and the tragedy in CT we are so crazy busy it is beyond description. so what I will due is if your order is still hear I will cancel it so you don't get ripped off.”

So I sent them this email:

“If you have my order why not just ship it?”

And got back this email:

“we have thousands of orders that's WHY. i will be looking for yours and if it has not gone I WILL CANCEL IT and refund your money.”

In conclusion, don’t buy from these guys. They advertised great prices but wont deliver. I hope and pray I will at least get my money back at this point, will try to do an update to this review later on…

Hope this review helps someone

Here are some links related to this review:

BBB Review - RGUNS Rated F

Online reviews I read after ordering from RGUNS

UPDATE: I finally got my uppers, don't know if it was the emails I sent or if they wanted to avoid a card company investigation. Their website now reads that they charge $100 to cancel orders so if they take to long and decide to cancel your order because they think your bugging them by calling / emailing them about the long wait they will probably take $100 bucks from you... "No soup for you." - Soup Nazi - Seinfeld

Last edited by Thecrazyone1; 12-21-2012 at 4:44 PM..
Old 12-17-2012, 7:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Apparently their NiB BCG's are a total rip off, too.

Got a guy on here with a thread recently where the NiB coating was flaking off and causing FTEs
Old 12-17-2012, 7:35 PM
Banned

recently ordered a parts kit from them and it's G2G. sorry to hear you had a bad experience, hope you get things resolved.
Old 12-17-2012, 7:47 PM

Crap, I bought that same NiB BCG made by RGUNS but bought through AIM surplus. Haven't used it yet but I hope I don't get the same problem. Mine looks more like a chrome BCG than a NiB but it was advertised as NiB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Man View Post

Got a guy on here with a thread recently where the NiB coating was flaking off and causing FTEs
Old 12-17-2012, 7:49 PM
Calguns Addict

does it have the smiley face on it?
Old 12-17-2012, 7:55 PM

Nope

Got it here:

R-Guns Nickel Boron Complete Bolt Carrier Group

It looks very similar to my SA&A BCG, but it's chorme looking and has RG stamped on the left side of it. The extractor looks funky though, like it was made in a mold or something.
I have no problems with my SA&A BCGs.

Quote:
does it have the smiley face on it?

Last edited by Thecrazyone1; 12-17-2012 at 8:00 PM..
Old 12-17-2012, 8:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecrazyone1 View Post
Nope

Got it here:

R-Guns Nickel Boron Complete Bolt Carrier Group

It looks very similar to my SA&A BCG, but it's chorme looking and has RG stamped on the left side of it. The extractor looks funky though, like it was made in a mold or something.
I have no problems with my SA&A BCGs.
That's the exact model the guy was having issues with. Good luck on that one man. I would try to return it at any cost.

Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!
Old 12-17-2012, 8:07 PM

ALL TRASH. STRAIGHT KRUBBAGE.
Old 12-17-2012, 8:47 PM
Calguns Addict

This is at least the 4th thread in a week related to butt-hurt following an order to a vendor who wasn't researched prior to the order. rgun.net has had a slimeball reputation for 5-6 YEARA at the very least.

Do your homework.

Next time order from Botach.

-hanko

I never once felt out of place or that people were intolerant...but then again, I didn't ask any dumbass questions ...saxman

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
Mark Twain

Last edited by -hanko; 02-17-2013 at 10:31 AM..
Old 12-17-2012, 8:51 PM
Veteran Member

I've purchased parts kits from them in the past with no issues
Old 12-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Calguns Addict

When did calguns become the place to gripe about other companies?

Isn't that what Yelp is for? Forums are for discussions.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelogic View Post

So we wont buy GUN related items from shady vendors Im guessing...
Old 12-17-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
“well if it in the Internet it must be true and I'm a french model. under normal time we would get it out in 1 day. right now due to the election X mas and the tragedy in CT we are so crazy busy it is beyond description. so what I will due is if your order is still hear I will cancel it so you don't get ripped off.”
This response, regardless of what you as a customer wrote, is completely unacceptable. Any self respecting business would reprimand the employee that wrote that garbage response.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:18 AM

I should have looked up their reviews prior but their site looked decent and the quick responses to emails before I ordered (guy didn't seem like an a-hole before I placed order) bundled with their super low advertised prices made me want to take a chance. I do order from Botach occasionally but they do not have complete uppers for decent prices that are in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
This is at least the 4th thread in a week related to butt-hurt following an order to a vendor who wasn't researched prior to the order. rgun.net has had a slimeball reputation for 5-6 at the very least.

Do your homework.

-hanko
Old 12-18-2012, 5:33 AM
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear about the unprofessional behavior. I hope you get your $$$ back.
Old 12-18-2012, 6:04 AM
Calguns Addict

That's unfortunate. I've ordered ak parts from them a couple times and had no issues. Perhaps it's just their ar parts that are to be avoided.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
I've been know to cross dress and go the other way at certain events.
Old 12-18-2012, 6:46 AM
Veteran Member

I run their Nib BCGs in a few of my builds. They're not at an excetionally high round count yet, but I haven't experienced any issues with them. I ordered them through AIM Surplus though, glad I didn't go directly through R Guns. After seeing that email, they won't be getting any of my business.
Old 12-18-2012, 6:59 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Their attitude is the worst part of it all. At that point I wouldn't care if they were selling parts that were blessed by the Almighty himself. I love how they were VERY QUICK to respond to your emails and get your business, but couldn't follow through with the products...
Old 12-18-2012, 6:59 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
This is at least the 4th thread in a week related to butt-hurt following an order to a vendor who wasn't researched prior to the order. rgun.net has had a slimeball reputation for 5-6 at the very least.

Do your homework.

-hanko
This botach?:
http://botach-tactical.pissedconsumer.com/
Old 12-18-2012, 7:20 AM
Banned

Buying a budget gun/parts from a cheap website and wondering why its cheap? Ahaha.
buying stuff around christmas time and just after a shooting(which ALWAYS causes people to go out and buy guns) and complaining about shipping time?
Get over yourself. RGuns is a great website, if you needed it absolutely now, should have gone to the gunstore/gunshow, oh wait, you wanted cheap, budget uppers.
Old 12-18-2012, 7:23 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
There's only one.

As usual, the smillie indicates sarcasm.

-hanko

I never once felt out of place or that people were intolerant...but then again, I didn't ask any dumbass questions ...saxman

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
Mark Twain
Old 12-18-2012, 7:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
There's only one.

As usual, the smillie indicates sarcasm.

-hanko
I see

I never ordered from them, but after reading your post I googled them and that link was the second site that came up.
Old 12-18-2012, 7:45 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Quote:
Crap, I bought that same NiB BCG made by RGUNS but bought through AIM surplus. Haven't used it yet but I hope I don't get the same problem. Mine looks more like a chrome BCG than a NiB but it was advertised as NiB...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNunez23 View Post
That's the exact model the guy was having issues with. Good luck on that one man. I would try to return it at any cost.
Yup thats me!! that BCG was total junk! The coating was completely out of spec. Way too thin, and flaked all over the place. The issue I was having was the bolt became very hard to move move. Looks like it was from the issue with the coating, caused a lot of friction internally. I would return it right away, or if you are gonna run it get a harder spring for your extractor because you will be having issues with that too!
✟ In the beginning was the 1911, and the 1911 was THE pistol, and it was good. And behold the Lord said, "Thou shalt not muck with my disciple John's design for it is good and it workith. For John made the 1911, and lo all of his weapons, from the designs which I, the Lord, gave him upon the mountain."✟
Old 12-18-2012, 7:58 AM
Veteran Member

Just got off the phone with AIM surplus regarding the Rguns BCG. The guy who i talked to was very helpful and knowledgeable. He knew what he was talking about, and said everything was covered by the manufacturer. And simply said I could get credit for their website or have a refund, I chose the refund... You are going to have to fill out a form they send you via email and im pretty sure they will be sending you a box to ship back.

and its not a coating he said, its a treatment. so i dont know what was flaking off...
✟ In the beginning was the 1911, and the 1911 was THE pistol, and it was good. And behold the Lord said, "Thou shalt not muck with my disciple John's design for it is good and it workith. For John made the 1911, and lo all of his weapons, from the designs which I, the Lord, gave him upon the mountain."✟

Last edited by 1911Operator; 12-18-2012 at 8:05 AM..
Old 12-18-2012, 8:00 AM

My buddy ordered a 20in uper from them about 3 months ago and never had a problem and it actually shoots pretty good.. Sorry to hear about this negative experience
Old 12-18-2012, 9:20 AM
Calguns Addict

Something else to keep in mind when buying things in general, but especially online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
I've been know to cross dress and go the other way at certain events.

Last edited by tujungatoes; 12-18-2012 at 9:22 AM..
Old 12-18-2012, 1:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Operator View Post
Just got off the phone with AIM surplus regarding the Rguns BCG. The guy who i talked to was very helpful and knowledgeable. He knew what he was talking about, and said everything was covered by the manufacturer. And simply said I could get credit for their website or have a refund, I chose the refund... You are going to have to fill out a form they send you via email and im pretty sure they will be sending you a box to ship back.

and its not a coating he said, its a treatment. so i dont know what was flaking off...
It could be that it's only a chromed BCG you got instead of the NiB coated BCG
Old 12-18-2012, 1:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Do your homework people! Buy from a reputable vendor/manufacturer and you will encounter a lot less headaches. YMMV
Old 01-11-2013, 9:33 AM

Well I ordered from them on 12/17, before I noticed anything on their site saying orders were 15 days behind, and what I ordered showed in stock. I fail to understand how things that are in stock can take so incredible long to ship out. Hell most places could ship out their entire inventory in a few days.

Anyways, I had read ahead of time about their terrible customer service and bad attitudes, but seemed their products were solid and since my buddy was recommending them so much I went ahead and ordered.

I was finally billed 1/6, but it is still showing pending and of course no shipment notification. I just tried calling (first words out of my mouth IF I can talk to somebody will be "please don't cancel my order! I just have a questions"). Today their phone just has a message about the mailbox being full.

The reason I called is that I don't know anybody who's received any complete or upper since Christmas. We're now 16 days later, shipping should be rocking. I'm wondering if all manufacturers have been told by the government not to ship and why they would comply with an illegal order? it's very fishy.

Red
Old 01-11-2013, 9:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelogic View Post

At least complaining here, we won't get sued

http://www.businessinsider.com/lawsu...eviews-2012-12

Firearms companies in general are way behind. The record # of firearms and accessories were sold in November, only to be ecliped by the sales in December.

At the guy's house who did my FFL for my gun from Florida, at 11:26 am, when he input some information into the CA databank for firearms registration, it shot back that I was the 336,442nd firearms purchaser in the state of CA that day

over a 1/4 of a million firearms before lunch, on a Thursday.....

Be patient, these companies are overwhelmed, and have been since November.....

I am not referring to being patient for crappy service and shotty parts.

Last edited by richard chese; 01-11-2013 at 9:51 AM..
Old 01-11-2013, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post

The reason I called is that I don't know anybody who's received any complete or upper since Christmas. We're now 16 days later, shipping should be rocking. I'm wondering if all manufacturers have been told by the government not to ship and why they would comply with an illegal order? it's very fishy.

Red
This is actually something I was thinking. I called taurus today to get a part sent to me. They had to check to see if it was allright to send it, then they came back and said they could send one to me, at least for now. just seemed fishy to me. maybe they are just fixing to file bankruptcy or something.
"Sporter" is what the drooling toothless inbred albino with the hacksaw thinks his newly created "dear riffel" is.
"Bubba" is what he and his ugly and ruined rifle really are.
First you are chopping up historic vintage rifles and sticking them in cheap and nasty looking plastic "dildo" stocks that look like some kind of futuristic sex toy that gay space aliens stick up each other's butts.
Next thing you know, you think "Deliverance" is a love story.
Old 01-11-2013, 2:57 PM
Veteran Member

On their site-

2. Orders for RGUNS TRR-15 lower receivers, in all calibers, will take at least eight (8) weeks to ship from the date of the order.

3. Orders for items other than lower receivers will take at least four (4) weeks to ship from the date of the order. WE ARE WORKING DILIGENTLY TO INCREASE OUR ORDER PROCESSING CAPACITY.

[CENTER][B]
THE ONLY TRUE CONSERVATIVE IN THE RACE

DONATE www.TEDCRUZ.ORG <--official donation link .ORG
Old 01-14-2013, 7:35 PM

OK, so my conspiracy theory is out the window, apparently they're shipping right on schedule. Arrived this evening almost exactly 4 weeks from when I ordered it. I didn't need to worry about it just getting left on porch they sent it signature required. I of course haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but it looks good to me. the receiver has the keyhole mark on it which my buddy told me means it's the good aluminum, better than DPMS supposedly.

At this point, unless I run into a problem when I shoot it I have no complaints.

Red
Old 01-14-2013, 7:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
OK, so my conspiracy theory is out the window, apparently they're shipping right on schedule. Arrived this evening almost exactly 4 weeks from when I ordered it. I didn't need to worry about it just getting left on porch they sent it signature required. I of course haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but it looks good to me. the receiver has the keyhole mark on it which my buddy told me means it's the good aluminum, better than DPMS supposedly.

At this point, unless I run into a problem when I shoot it I have no complaints.

Red
The forge mark has nothing to do with the aluminum used, it's who made the forging. DPMS could use forgings from 3-4 different places depending on where they got their supply from, and the same goes for most AR "manufacturers". It does not indicate what the material is, just who forged it.

http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/FOR...iv-t52833.html
Old 01-15-2013, 10:25 AM

Thanks! That's a great list!

Red
Old 01-15-2013, 10:25 AM

Thanks! That's a great list!

Red
Old 01-15-2013, 10:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

EVERYBODY KNOWS that RGuns is crap. I wouldn't buy a thing from them.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have 2 orders in with them dating from 12/23 hope the items arrive. They don't respond to emails and have left 2 messages. Now that the site says minumum 4 weeks for non lowers I see they are swamped.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Veteran Member

Patience is imperative in this climate. Any company that has stock is going to be swamped with orders. I have purchased from Rguns two times in the past and had no issues.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:16 AM

I ordered a black BCG yesterday and the only reason I did that is they are the only ones that have them for $125 everywhere else $300+. So I don't mind waiting 4 weeks for it to arrive I just hope its 4 weeks only. Now I also ordered 5 different parts from Bravo Company last Friday and they shipped my order out yesterday and UPS says it should arrive this Friday.