Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:30 AM

Default Looking for P.C. 832 classes

Does anyone have any knowledge as of where P.C. 832 classes are offered in Los Angeles County? I just need Laws of Arrest and not firearms. Any information can be text to (626)780-6904. Thanks in advance and thanks for your help!
Old 12-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Calguns Addict

I believe El Camino community college offers a variety of LEO classes
Old 12-17-2012, 1:29 PM

Check the course catalog in the training section of the CA POST website (address below). LAPD, LASD and Rio Hondo College are listed as some of the presenters. Call the agency/organization to confirm schedule and eligibility.

http://catalog.post.ca.gov/Presenter...ns=3&pageId=10
Old 12-17-2012, 11:32 PM

LAPD and LASD only do in service PC 832. LASD puts on the course about every two months but you have to be sponsored by an agency. If you are part of a city or county agency just have your training coordinator contact the advanced officer training (AOT) unit at the STARS center in whittier. If you need to take the class as a civilian or for some security job, your only option is the Ben Clark training center in Riverside. They are the only ones offering the course right now. Rio Hondo lost its POST certification, Pasadena cut the course for budget reasons. Golden west also cut it due to budget cuts. West LA college may have a class if they get their money back so you can try giving the criminal justice division a call when they are in session. Good luck
Old 12-29-2012, 4:31 AM

I recently took that class as well, although im in sacramento. I took mine at the reginal public saftey and training center. Just google it, this should help u find the closest one in your area.