Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Default if the world is going to end on12-21-12

then why do we really need to prepar and stock up ? if the world ENDs we wont need anything ?
Old 12-13-2012, 10:32 PM

the world will be fine. IBTL

Old 12-13-2012, 10:53 PM

Nothing will happen. It's just a load of crap.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Veteran Member

if you are worried about the end of the world. give me all your guns and ammo, money.

i will give them all good homes.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Veteran Member

2nd dibs on all your stuff
Old 12-14-2012, 1:54 AM

See this is where some people eat really far out there. They talk about the world actually ending. But most "preppers" or as I prefer "prepared American" lol. I think are preparing for any natural or man made disaster that may arise in our lifetime. I don't think the world will end 12-21-12 however an individual that does may go a little nuts, riot and try to pillage something. I feel this is waaaaaay more likely than the world actually ending.
Old 12-14-2012, 5:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwakeAware1016 View Post
... I don't think the world will end 12-21-12 however an individual that does may go a little nuts, riot and try to pillage something. I feel this is waaaaaay more likely than the world actually ending.
We seem to have our share of those who believe society is going to break down, their own kind of end-of-the-world. Their "reasons" given appear to be based upon human nature, a flair for the dramatic, wanting to be part of something big, and a desire to reset their lives, having made mistakes that they wish would just go away.

Your use of "way more likely" means that you're applying odds, statistics, and logic to this issue. I'm afraid you're wasting your time since much of the SHTF stuff is based upon "if you can't prove it won't happen then it can" sort of "reasoning." Also, who cares that heath issues are literally 1000s of times more of a threat than these perceived realities. I wonder how many hard-core survivalists smoke... "survive" and "smoke" can't coexist.
Old 12-14-2012, 7:03 AM

Even crazy preppers don't think the whole world is gonna just go poof

End of the World mostly means see 80's post apocalyptic movie

and trying to provide whatever you can for your family after (fill in the blank) happens
Old 12-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Calguns Addict

if the asteroid lands on your house then what ?
Old 12-14-2012, 7:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Jon Cusack survived.

NRA Benefactor Member
NRA Golden Eagle
SAF Life Member
CGN Contributor
Old 12-14-2012, 8:06 PM
Veteran Member

Its not the end, I believe its the beginning of the end.
  • The third anti-Christ needs to bring the world economy down (in the process by Obama) bring the world into WWIII,
  • release CDC super bugs the next big plague(already created, google it)
  • Religion persecution will be on the way of Christians (Obama is not Christian, google what religion he studied)
  • The asteroid "Wormwood" needs to hit the earth to cause massive chaos (read the bible)
  • All the oceans needs to turn read ( already starting, look up large usual red algae bloom caused by chemicals, agriculture, and weather change etc.)
  • Massive amount of animals dieing (already happening, look it up)
  • Honey bees vanishing (already happening, look it up)
  • etc. etc. do your research, tons of information

So NO the world is not going to end 12/21/12. Mayan call it a cycle. Every cycle a huge change comes. So far I see the change of going down the toilet, so its the beginning of the end.

Who knows, maybe 12/21/12 is when Aliens returns and declare war on earth lol.
Old 12-14-2012, 8:13 PM

I beleive it should be more like "the world as we know it" will end.
Everyone that I have talked to about the 21st thinks the world will just explode or something.
I just think a change may come very soon, may not be on the 21st, but I feel things are going to change.

"Between your faith and my Glock 9mm I'll take the Glock."
- Arnold Schawarzenegger (End of Days)
Old 12-14-2012, 8:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

if the world ends on the 21st... it will be purely coincidental to any predictions that have been made.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

K-T-I... did you leave your tinfoil hat in the car again???
Old 12-14-2012, 10:17 PM

I'll be pissed if the world ends on the 21st. I spent too much on Christmas gifts for everyone. I've got guns wrapped up under the tree.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:20 PM
┬──┬ ¯\_(ツ)
CGN Contributor

I bought beer just for it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Anyone not voting Brown is putting other things above gun rights.
Whitman + Cooley or Harris = a rash of gun control California has never seen the likes of.
-Gene
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
If you're not voting why are you even opining?
Brown has a track record of not bowing to Dem pressure on guns.
-Gene
Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterpilot562 View Post
Well if it makes you feel better, I also support the KKK, NeoNazis, WestBoro, Skins, and any other groups right to assemble
Old 12-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowluv View Post
I'll be pissed if the world ends on the 21st. I spent too much on Christmas gifts for everyone. I've got guns wrapped up under the tree.
LOL - I think we will be opening gifts the 20th this year . LOL
Old 12-15-2012, 2:40 AM

Go to Vegas and bet all the money you have, no matter what the odds makers have for the world ending and bet that it doesn't.

If the world is still here on 12/22/12 collect your winnings. If the world ends, calculate how much money you lost.

Last edited by kimber_ss; 12-15-2012 at 2:43 AM..
Old 12-15-2012, 2:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowluv View Post

it's as good a time as any, for me; i'm between paydays on the 21st.
Old 12-15-2012, 2:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Actually, the 21st is fine with me. Wife just decided we head to California on the 22nd --- that's pretty much a fate worse than death.
Old 12-16-2012, 1:36 AM

"I'll take it" (your tin foil hat)
Old 12-16-2012, 5:11 PM

What else is 12/21/2012?
I know it's the scheduled date for our solar system's planetary alignment also the winter solstice also the sun will be aligned with the plane of the galaxy (aka the milky way).
It's also the end of the Mayan Calendar... but I see the end of a calendar EVERY year, don't you?
What's the deal with the Mayan calendar anyhow? They had an exact understanding of of solar system, obviously better than most of us knuckleheads know it today. So one of their calendars ends on the 21st. This is BECAUSE of the planetary alignment. I'm guessing if the Mayans were still around today they'd be printing NEW calendars with all new Mayan girls for the next 26k years. The real question is HOW did so many ancient civilizations know so much about astronomy?
Here's what I think could happen:
Strange gravitational pulls due to everything being lined up possibly causing reversing of the poles or other major plate tectonic events (think 2012 the movie)
Massive solar flares from the sun could cause abnormal EMP events disabling/destroying nearly all our electronics for the next several weeks to years.
Hell on earth, zombies rising, etc. etc. etc...

Here's what I think will happen:
Those with powerful telescopes will get some GREAT pictures.

Just because I don't BELIEVE anything will happen doesn't mean I'm not ready to live off the grid for a short while if something does go wrong. For a long time I've thought it was just mindless stupidity to have the "I can run to the store tomorrow" attitude. Oh, and I did just buy a bunch of tin foil yesterday.

Last edited by slo5oh; 12-16-2012 at 5:13 PM..
Old 12-16-2012, 5:37 PM
Calguns Addict

I haven't gotten over Y2K yet. Always be prepared!
Old 12-17-2012, 6:17 AM

Nope, not gonna happen..eh eh.
Old 12-17-2012, 6:40 AM

Dang, my calender only goes until january '13!!

Luckily for modern day folks, we can go down to the store and pick up the new calender.
Old 12-17-2012, 7:09 AM
Banned

it's interesting that some people truly believe in this stuff and yet those beliefs are not afforded the same sort of freedom from generalized mockery that more popular yet less testable belief sets get. You wouldn't make fun of a Christian in the same way (well maybe you would and maybe you wouldn't and either choice says a lot about you as a person) but Christians believe in stuff that just can't be well tested in the predictable near future which strikes me as odd considering the subject matter at hand.

I as a 2012-doomsday believer think it's refreshing to be able to believe in something you can test and accept the results of in short order. No matter how wacky. I also think it's refreshing to be able to make fun of a belief system openly for the farcical nonsense it appears to be. I wish we could do that to all of them. I may believe truly that the world will end abruptly in about a week but I don't think it will and so I enjoy mocking my own; admittedly randomly selected, choice of wacky belief systems.

What you say will I do on the 22nd? I will remember that the world ended yesterday and set myself firmly to the proposition that I will not select another religion until New Years and that it; whatever it turns out to be, will be equally farcical and testable in the short term. How I'm going to go about that now that Harry Camping is out of the prediction business I don't know but I bet a quick google search will sort it out.
Old 12-19-2012, 7:28 PM
Veteran Member

they got the date wrong, Obama already got re-elected, by dead people i'm sure, maybe some mayans were in there and that's what they were talking about....
Old 12-19-2012, 7:30 PM

EOTW was delayed. Didn't you watch Obama this AM? It ends in January now.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-20-2012, 5:07 AM
Calguns Addict

I never see anyone with an Aztec, or Mayan reference on the back of their vehicle use their signal, nor care about anyone but themselves (look before changing lanes, or even try to stay in a lane, holding up traffic, yet again).

I personally think that they were simple rock carvers, and beings smarter than them took charge (just like Liberals of today, while they state that they are the same as those who rule them while they worship them).

Why else would they leave and forget about some of the largest cities, and completely forget? It's not like they had a sand-storm and couldn't find them after an evacuation, or ran out of water, the areas are full of it, right? (Yes, I know about the sacrifices polluting their water-pit, but come-on, with all the tech of the day, dig a new one.) I think they didn't knew, and then took credit for them... MAJOR Technology, then left and forgotten to go live primitively in shanty-hut villages? It just doesn't make since.
It wasn't Mayan, or Aztec knowledge is all I am saying... ALIENS!

We will survive if their cartels don't overrun us due to restrictions put in place by Liberal fools, placing all their trust in the security of their rulers that they blindly follow, ignorantly (namely gun control advocates trying to take away our rights by protecting us from ourselves?). A new beginning of leaching off what other people built would make since, and seems to be the new norm, so this might be the New Age sometimes referenced...
Old 12-20-2012, 5:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamsucker View Post
it's interesting that some people truly believe in this stuff and yet those beliefs are not afforded the same sort of freedom from generalized mockery that more popular yet less testable belief sets get.
Freedom of speech is just that, freedom to say what you want. However, you must accept the responsibility of the consequences of those words. Say something really bone-headed, and the freedom to say such nonsense ends right there - you are responsible for what comes after.

Sadly, there seems to be a goal to completely remove all personal responsibility in society... nothing is ever our fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamsucker View Post
... You wouldn't make fun of a Christian in the same way...
Sure I do. They have the freedom to say I'm going to Hell if I don't believe in their god. I have the freedom to say how darethey decide where I'm going after death. I thought that was God's job.

Pastors lament how much better things would be if only their church ran things Seriously? If churches were running things we'd still be cowering in caves, hiding from eclipses and lightning, and churches would tell us the gods were angry. In the Middle Ages, when the church ran everything and spoke directly with God, why is it that they were no smarter at understanding the Plague than the ignorant peasents they led? Why was it possible to point out a neighbor as a witch, and the Church was complicite in their burning? Why didn't this God speak in their ears and tell them the truth? Or maybe, no one was talking to them at all and these humans who run churches are hearing voices in their heads. Where was this devine knowledge they claimed to possess, yet at the same time demonstrated they hadn't a clue?

Having a religion in which the supernatural being never speaks opens up all sorts of pitfalls for us humans, and it's all too easy for us to take His place. You mentioned the difference between thinking something and believing something. It's fine to believe whatever you want, right up until you start pushing it on others. It's fine to think you've got an invisible father figure in the sky, and another thing all together to start killing others "because he said so."

Last edited by kb58; 12-20-2012 at 6:15 AM..
Old 12-20-2012, 5:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
It just doesn't make since.
It wasn't Mayan, or Aztec knowledge is all I am saying... ALIENS!
And when they aliens return tomorrow, 'put a glide in your stride, a dip in your hip and step on to the Mothership!'

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-20-2012, 7:35 AM
CGSSA Specialist
CGN Contributor

It is not so much of the world ending on 12/21/12 I worry about. Nothing is going to happen. I am prepared though for when Unemployment runs out on the do nothing masses. and they take to the streets because they feel entitled. This is where my TOWAKI scenario begins. Then there is of course the coming weapon bans that could spark revolution if confiscation were to be tried. So Being prepared is not just about tomorrow.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:58 PM
Calguns Addict

I fall asleep on the couch, so I of course wake up early...

The end of the world starts with snoring? REALLY!?!?!? THIS GIRL...

Well, I'm up and loading mags... even thought I hear no Zombie-Alien-Speghetti-Monsters... YET!

Last edited by the86d; 12-21-2012 at 6:31 AM..
Old 12-21-2012, 5:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber_ss View Post
Go to Vegas and bet all the money you have, no matter what the odds makers have for the world ending and bet that it doesn't.

If the world is still here on 12/22/12 collect your winnings. If the world ends, calculate how much money you lost.
That's a fantastic idea. Will do, about to cut out in a few hours to viva Las Vegas!
Old 12-21-2012, 8:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber_ss View Post

This sort of thing is great for holding the feet of the End Timers to the fire. The moment they start shouting about a given date, ask for the pinkslip to their car and deed to their house, as they certainly won't need it. If they protest, ask why they don't believe the crap they're spouting.
Old 12-21-2012, 9:30 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

You see the scholars got it all wrong! They didnt account for the change over to the Gregorian calendar from the Julian calendar. Which of course is a reform of the Roman calendar with 305 days. So the calculations of what year is is to the Mayans is off by a few years. That means the world is still gonna end but it will be in 2016. Which off course is about 6 months before Prepper Nation gets cancelled.

Old 12-21-2012, 9:39 AM
Gun Runner to The Stars
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I'm an Official Doomsday Radio Station and have been on the ham radio all morning. Many people called in from all over the world, and so far no reports of pole shifts, asteroid impacts, earthquakes or tidal waves.

One lady was on her sailboat anchored at Honolulu and ready to put to sea at a moment's notice, but she said it was a beautiful day. Canada seems to be doing fine and I also got an 'all clear' from the Philippines. I think we're all going to make it, but you never know.

Old 12-21-2012, 9:53 AM

Default I'm gonna say no...

Unless this storm is the beginning of the end
Old 12-21-2012, 10:13 AM

I love the folks who talk about the planetary line up and talking about massive destruction due to tectonic movement, etc. Really, would a few days make a difference?
It's the 21st already and nada. Oh wait, it's supposed to happen at midnight right? (what a difference a few hours makes !) Oh wait, midnight where? Which time zone? I'd have to guess the one that covers the old Mayan area which looks to be the Central Time Zone.

I'll be sitting in the back porch tonight with my telescope watching the skies. At midnight I'll be toasting the end of a cycle and the beginning of another. Then I'm going to bed.

If all comes to an end.....been nice chattin' with ya'll.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Veteran Member

If the end of the world doesn't include zombie hoards I am going to be damn disappointed.
Looking forward to busting zombies. If they no show then so will I.
I refuse to take part in an "end of the world apocalypse" without zombies!
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

“I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.”
– Frederick Douglass --