Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > 2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion Discuss California 2A related litigation and legal topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-03-2013, 1:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
Agreed.

Nothing has theoretically changed in the DROS process, right?
-still felony, domestic violence, drug use, citizenship renunciation, dishonorable discharge, mental ill--adjudicated as unfit to hold trial.

Maybe they are digging deeper and mixing records?
Well, I'm not sure. Somewhere along the line, DOJ indicated that they were using "changed criteria", whatever that means.

This was the first mention I saw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_electron View Post
PE card? LOL! Any green kid out of engineering school can get that with a few years of experience.

Last edited by tcrpe; 03-03-2013 at 2:33 PM..
Old 03-03-2013, 3:16 PM

Well I thought I had a problem but after reading some of the postings I guess I don't. On 12/21/2012 I purchased my daughter a handgun for XMAS, soon she was informed there would be a delay, fast forward to present and we find neither one of us can get any info from DOJ, not even "we are working on it". I find this very frustrating but looks like my best course of action is to "sit still and try to be patient". Unless of course anyone has any suggestions.
Old 03-03-2013, 5:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunden1 View Post
Well I thought I had a problem but after reading some of the postings I guess I don't. On 12/21/2012 I purchased my daughter a handgun for XMAS, soon she was informed there would be a delay, fast forward to present and we find neither one of us can get any info from DOJ, not even "we are working on it". I find this very frustrating but looks like my best course of action is to "sit still and try to be patient". Unless of course anyone has any suggestions.
I here you. It's very frustrating that you can get any information from this people when we pay their salaries.
Old 03-03-2013, 7:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

What I really would like to find out if any male or female was put on delay at no fault of his or her own while he or she has a TRO or RO out and got hurt because he or she couldn't defend himself or herself with a firearm.
Old 03-04-2013, 9:57 AM

day 65 for me on a hand gun BUT, and I'm holding my breath, I jailed a long gun on the 23rd and if no call today can pick it up tomorrow at 10am. But still no word on the first delay, hoping if the long gun makes it through I can leverage off this one to release the first hand gun. Wish me luck.
Old 03-04-2013, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJ View Post
day 65 for me on a hand gun BUT, and I'm holding my breath, I jailed a long gun on the 23rd and if no call today can pick it up tomorrow at 10am. But still no word on the first delay, hoping if the long gun makes it through I can leverage off this one to release the first hand gun. Wish me luck.
Wow 65 days, hang in there! Im only 7 weeks in so far and still no light at the end of the tunnel. I found an article on yahoo today showing some statistics of nationwide firearm sales and applications sent for approval. Dec and Jan had some pretty significant increases in volume and hopefully thats the main reason for the delay. I have never been in trouble ever and im on delay so im hoping that its just a matter of them actually getting to my application.

On an off topic note can someone please share with me why they think its important to donate to the NRA and other gun groups? I keep reading everyday about more and more restrictions and laws trying to be passed against having a gun, so with more and more rules against gun ownership it deosnt really seem like peoples donations are doing anything. I would like to be hopeful and think that one person can make a difference but it seems like the liberals are winning and doesnt matter how much money you throw at it the trend is still going downward.
Old 03-04-2013, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Well no go on my long gun either. Picked up my second delay notice on my way home, good thing I'm going out of town for a few weeks, maybe I'll have good news by the time I get back.
Old 03-04-2013, 5:29 PM

This thread was disturbing me but I've pick up a handgun and a long gun. One in January and one today. My record is by no means clean but nothing prohibiting. I think you guys share something else in common. Unresolved tickets maybe?
Old 03-04-2013, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganboy View Post
This thread was disturbing me but I've pick up a handgun and a long gun. One in January and one today. My record is by no means clean but nothing prohibiting. I think you guys share something else in common. Unresolved tickets maybe?
Glad it worked out for you. I have a felony turned misdemeanor and civil rights restored. Wish it was a ticket rather than a constitutional matter......
Old 03-04-2013, 5:50 PM

Quote:
You should probably start at the beggining...most of the people here have an idea why they are delayed. If you have EVER been arrested for a prohibitive offense, and there is no disposition, you will be delayed. Is it right? No. Is it a violation of rights? Yes. There are many people working through the process of getting this fixed, but there is no magic "common thing" that gets you delayed. Glad to hear that everything worked out for you with no problems, but "bragging" does nothing for the people in this thread who are not as lucky. Not saying you meant it that way, but trust me, as someone who was recently delayed for 87 days for a BS arrest, the last thing we want to hear about is how easy it has been for you. I am done ranting now.
Old 03-04-2013, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuat_420 View Post
You should probably start at the beggining...most of the people here have an idea why they are delayed. If you have EVER been arrested for a prohibitive offense, and there is no disposition, you will be delayed. Is it right? No. Is it a violation of rights? Yes. There are many people working through the process of getting this fixed, but there is no magic "common thing" that gets you delayed. Glad to hear that everything worked out for you with no problems, but "bragging" does nothing for the people in this thread who are not as lucky. Not saying you meant it that way, but trust me, as someone who was recently delayed for 87 days for a BS arrest, the last thing we want to hear about is how easy it has been for you. I am done ranting now.

I was not bragging and have followed this thread for months and read every post. I actually was just glad that I didn't get a delay, thinking here comes mine next. I was actually just trying to give hope for others. Sorry for your long wait.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Well no go on my long gun either. Picked up my second delay notice on my way home, good thing I'm going out of town for a few weeks, maybe I'll have good news by the time I get back.
That sucks man,having 2 guns stuck is terrible. Were you arrested for something in the past? I was put on delay 2/7 and im still waitng......
Old 03-04-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuat_420 View Post
sorry but thats exactly what this thread needs,reading nothing but doom and gloom has really got me worried about getting a delay notice. seeing a post or two like his gives me some hope that i'll pick-up my firearm with no problems.
Old 03-05-2013, 7:19 AM

Quote:
Congratulations on picking up your toys! its always good to hear when someone doesnt have any problems. You have to think that it they are processing tens of thousands of applications every month that a high percentage pick up with no trouble at all. For those people that are on delay because of things they KNOW they did wrong in their past well then thats just part of the game and they have to wait. Some of us have never gotten anything other then a speeding ticket and we are waiting as well. Theres all kinds of us out there and many waiting for all different kinds of reasons. I personally cannot wait to come back to this tread someday and say I was able to pick up my guns! haha hopefully someday soon
Old 03-05-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbohatch View Post
That sucks man,having 2 guns stuck is terrible. Were you arrested for something in the past? I was put on delay 2/7 and im still waitng......
Yes (35-40 yrs ago) and all were dismissed within days but seeing that I've cleared on previous purchases I believe it has more to do with the DOJ taking the path of least resistance on BGCs. If there's any out of state issues they just delay, throw you in the limbo pile and get to you when they get to you. I'm going for copies of my record and do the work for them.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Yes (35-40 yrs ago) and all were dismissed within days but seeing that I've cleared on previous purchases I believe it has more to do with the DOJ taking the path of least resistance on BGCs. If there's any out of state issues they just delay, throw you in the limbo pile and get to you when they get to you. I'm going for copies of my record and do the work for them.
I've never had any run ins with the law outside of California and only minor run ins with them in the state. Lived in this state my entire life and I am going on 6 weeks delayed. It's been 47 days since I did the DROS and I still haven't been able to find out anything from DOJ.

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 03-06-2013, 7:35 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Have any "delays" been released? A lot? Regularly?
Quote:
PE card? LOL! Any green kid out of engineering school can get that with a few years of experience.
Old 03-06-2013, 8:31 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Hardly any have been released. In fact most shops will tell you none have.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 03-06-2013, 11:44 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDay View Post
Hardly any have been released. In fact most shops will tell you none have.

Then it appears that what we have here is what we call "bureaucratic constipation".

That usually requires outside intervention for relief.
Quote:
Old 03-06-2013, 12:06 PM

7 days into a dros now after my last was delayed with no explanation. drosing another tomorrow so hopefully I can get my gun every few days habit going again. and i have never been arrested, detained, anything and have an uncommon name and was delayed.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:39 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglemonkee View Post
7 days into a dros now after my last was delayed with no explanation. drosing another tomorrow so hopefully I can get my gun every few days habit going again. and i have never been arrested, detained, anything and have an uncommon name and was delayed.
Don't be surprised if you get a delay call tomorrow.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

UPDATE 3/6: Everyone who reported their issue to us should have already received an email from attorney Jason Davis. If you DID NOT receive an email from Jason, please email him ASAP with your DROS delay status and contact info. It is imperative that you connect with Jason if you wish CGF to help you remedy your matter.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 03-06-2013, 2:09 PM
Banned

Email sent
Old 03-06-2013, 2:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Received my email earlier and I will be contacting him later today or tomorrow.

Old 03-06-2013, 4:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Received my email earlier and I will be contacting him later today or tomorrow.
Make it today.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 03-06-2013, 6:57 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
UPDATE 3/6: Everyone who reported their issue to us should have already received an email from attorney Jason Davis. If you DID NOT receive an email from Jason, please email him ASAP with your DROS delay status and contact info. It is imperative that you connect with Jason if you wish CGF to help you remedy your matter.

-Brandon
E-mail sent
Old 03-06-2013, 9:29 PM

I'm only on day 5 but I'm worried after reading through this thread. I have an old arrest that was dismissed over 10 years ago. Worried I'm screwed. I have a drug arrest from 11 years ago that was dismissed. I just upgraded my NRA membership to Life and sent CGF, and SAF donations. I never had issues buying guns in free states Colorado and Missouri. Planning my move back to CO but I'm at least 18 months out. Worried the laws will change too quickly.
Old 03-06-2013, 9:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDrangeRat View Post
I'm only on day 5 but I'm worried after reading through this thread. I have an old arrest that was dismissed over 10 years ago. Worried I'm screwed. I have a drug arrest from 11 years ago that was dismissed. I just upgraded my NRA membership to Life and sent CGF, and SAF donations. I never had issues buying guns in free states Colorado and Missouri. Planning my move back to CO but I'm at least 18 months out. Worried the laws will change too quickly.
You're going to get a delay, especially if those arrests were out of state.

Old 03-07-2013, 6:03 AM

It was actually only one arrest, 9/2002 in Virginia. I have an original court document showing case dismissed. Will this help?
Old 03-07-2013, 9:35 AM

I sent my information to the CalGuns attorney this morning. I also called my local gun sho thats holding my gun waiting to be picked up and asked if my delay was released yet, they said no and I asked if they have had any other customers get released lately and he said no no one in the last two months has gotten released.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:44 AM

That's because they want you to do the dance first.
It took two months of dancing through legal channels to clear up something that should have been closed decades ago.
After practically having to force certain agencies to clean up their paperwork, and electronic records, my delay was released.
I was literally on the phone with an attorney planning an administrative review when they contacted me and said the case file had been found and they were updating the record.

Quote:
First thing I would do is jump to a conclusion without all the facts.

Last edited by Cactus_Tim; 03-07-2013 at 10:48 AM..
Old 03-07-2013, 11:48 AM

I did not receive an email, but I sent an email to jason@calgunlawyers.com with my contact information today.

/JR.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Well I just received a phone call from my FFL to come pickup my lower a few minutes ago. 7 weeks from the day I did the transfer.

Old 03-08-2013, 1:08 PM

Quote:
Well I just received a phone call from my FFL to come pickup my lower a few minutes ago. 7 weeks from the day I did the transfer.
Congrats!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 1:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm jelly
Old 03-08-2013, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Coincidence or Mr. Davis working his magic?
Old 03-08-2013, 3:25 PM

Quote:
I hope they are moving.I'm about 7-8 weeks delayed right now.Did they tell you WHY?
Old 03-08-2013, 3:34 PM

DOJ AGENTS AT MY DOOR TWO CONSECUTIVE DAYS. Said nothing other than attorney will be in contact.

I have contacted Calguns numerous times via hotline and email and have had no response and could use the additional assistance.
Old 03-08-2013, 3:50 PM

What do you mean they are at your door? Did you actually answer the door and they were there? No search warrant? Did not take you away when they left? This does not sound right. I was delayed over 2 months and they would not return my calls or e-mails much less come to my door 2 days in a row. Just trying to figure out what you are saying even thou you are new and have like 6 posts, so please elaborate further. There are too many people dealing with this crap for someone to come in and s### on us. If this is the truth then I am sorry but if this is crap then GTF out of here.
Old 03-08-2013, 3:55 PM
Banned

thats not good. i also have not received any emal reply. Not sure if they receive my emails