Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:37 PM

Default Pena v Cid Update

I found this tidbit of information on the Pena v Cid case:

No. 09-1185
State of California
Challenging law prohibiting the sale of any unsafe handgun (any handgun not included on a state roster of handguns meeting certain safety requirements). After the parties filed a joint status report on 7/30/12, the court issued an order lifting the stay that had been in place pending the Ninth Circuit’s en banc decision in Nordyke v. King. The parties have agreed to withdraw any motions that were pending at the time of the stay. Discovery is to be completed by 5/3/13, and dispositive motions are due by 6/28/13.

Looks like the stay was lifted(finally) and the case might be moving forward. Can any legally savvy Calgunners elaborate on what happens next?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Calguns Addict

More waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander
Dear Kevin,

You suck!!! Your are wrong!!! Stop it!!!
Proud CGF and CGN donor. SAF life member. Former CRPA member. Gpal beta tester (it didn't work). NRA member.
Old 12-08-2012, 4:23 AM
Veteran Member

I'm not legally savvy. I am not legal counsel.

I'd guess that OC will ask for an extension on the delivery of discovery, then deliver a 1/2 a**ed, incomplete and evasive discovery late, then force Pena's counsel to file a Motion to Compel for a more comprehensive discovery.

This will push the case past 08/13 or so before discovery is completed. If OC wants to drag this case on, they will succeed in doing so.

This court may punt and issue another stay based on a different case (from Nordyke) later down the line. If the court is reluctant to hear this case, they will succeed in dragging this case on down the road.
Old 12-08-2012, 6:06 AM
Calguns Addict

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Li...st_and_Present

If you look beyond CGN, there is lots of informtion available on the Calguns Foundation website... www.calgunsfoundation.org