Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Palmetto State Armory
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 7:57 AM

Default Palmetto survives on low prices

Hey everyone,

I finally decided to share my experience with this company. No name calling or bashing, just the facts. I have recently read mixed reviews by different members, some with great experiences and others who are pissed off. I am one of those pissed off customers.

A few weeks ago I made a purchase from PSA for a classic LPK, lower build kit and a charging handle. Mind you I have ordered many AR15 build kits and parts kits over the years and never once were any parts missing. It took about a week to ship but no worries Im saving some money. Total about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks for delivery from date of purchase.

When my package arrived I opened it up and noticed a complete buttstock assembly and a large ziplock bag. As I took the small parts out of the bag I noticed the trigger guard was missing and on top of it all there was only one LPK. No problem I'll call them and let them know. I called the same day and left a message letting them know the situation. The next day there was no response so I called back and talked to a gentleman who said we will get it right out. He specified about a week to get it. Last I checked we had air mail and you could get a package from South Carolina to California in 2-3 days. (If you wanted to keep that customer)

After a couple days I could check the tracking and I came to realize they had sent it to my old house that I lived in two years ago. Why didnt they ship it to the address that the recent package was sent to? Who is running this business and do they realize that they need to step back and take a look at whats happening? I called again to let them know they had sent the package to the wrong address and that no one lived there ( I meant I left a message because they were out to lunch). Again I had to call since nobody responded. I spoke to an operator and she didnt know what was going on. I don't think she even knew where she was. After keeping me on hold for 16 minutes or so she said that they had to figure things out and that a manager would contact me. What is there to figure out? You screwed up send the right stuff to the right address!

That was last Thursday and I woke up this morning realizing that they had not called me back. So Im writing this review/story of my experience to add another complaint to the list or to help PSA realize they are in over their heads and good prices should not equal me having to spend time chasing my order and fixing their mistakes. I know we are human and we make mistakes but if you do and someone has already payed you try and make it a priority to get the product out the same day or with express mail. Say " Yah we screwed up twice but we will take care of it immediately, it is our top priority". Im happy your wonderful business is flourishing in these hard times but my rifle has no parts and you have my money.

Bottom line I believe you survive on low prices that draw in customers or so many orders are made that your mistakes don't make it to the surface for everyone to see. I tried to contact your company and resolve this issue without negative feedback but you have left me no choice. Feel free to state your opinions or to defend PSA. I know there are some die hard customers out there who will somehow turn this to be my fault. I'm GAME!

Thanks for reading

Last edited by Hangist89; 11-12-2012 at 8:03 AM..
Old 11-12-2012, 5:04 PM
Banned

I'm with you on this one! I had a similar issue with PSA sending me wrong/missing items. They sent me replacement parts (UPS ground) about three different times but still managed to send me the wrong items. As a last resort, you could dispute the charges with your credit card company and take your business elsewhere. Good luck!
Old 11-12-2012, 7:11 PM
Calguns Addict

I have only done ammo purchases thru them (one arriving tommorrow in fact). Ordered one day, shipped the next day So far, everything has been fine.

Last edited by vintagearms; 11-12-2012 at 7:16 PM..
Old 11-12-2012, 7:27 PM

Ive ordered from them a few times with great service and no issues. They were even very responsive with a lot of questions ive had in the past. Sorry about your experience, hope it works out.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:43 PM

They typically have some pretty good specials so I've ordered from them many times in the last 6 months. Normally, things go fine, albeit, pretty slow compared to others (count your blessings if your only complaint is slow turnaround).

When something goes wrong with an order from PSA though, it's not like dealing with a sales or customer service group that wants to keep your business. It seems like they couldn't care less about the customer at times.

Always check and double check your order with them before placing it and be careful with "sale priced" items. I've noticed many times, you get a sale email notice with a really good price but when you add it to your cart, the price goes up (even within the sale deadlines).
There have been several instances when I swore I'd never order from them again. Then the email comes and something I think I need is "On Sale". I'm a sucker sometimes....
Old 11-12-2012, 10:47 PM

Out of three orders, two were missing one item each ($30 and $50 or so).

Both times they made good. It did take a week+, though.
Old 11-13-2012, 3:29 AM
Veteran Member

Only ordered ammo. Never had a problem (fingers crossed).

Satire: A literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
Old 11-13-2012, 4:34 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Mistakes happen (sometimes more than they should), but we will make sure you get your missing items. I can't comment on the messed up orders multiple times as this is the first time I've heard of it.

If you are ever missing an item from your order you should contact customer service first via e-mail or phone call. Then follow up with a PM to me with your online order number and missing item(s). Including if you have e-mailed or called would also be beneficial. I can then coordinate with CS to make sure your missing items get sent out ASAP.

Thanks,
Web Sales: 803.788.9095
socialmedia.info@palmettostatearmory.com
Old 11-13-2012, 5:08 AM

I did my part by making a phone call and leaving a message twice. I also had to call back twice. If its going to take take more than that then I am definately losing out on a good deal and it would have been cheaper to go with a big brand name that charges a little more like Midway or Brownells. Like I said mistakes happen but the customer who has already payed is your top priority.

I always like helping out small business first but sometimes I have to quit my relationship with them because they get too big. You loose the customer service, the more attention to detail. It has now been 5 days and I have not seen or heard of anything being done by PSA.

Not to make this longer than it should be but I want to make a point. Some time ago I went to dinner at seafood place in Calabases. Not by any means high end but not the cheapest either. Good food, good prices. I ordered steak and lobster and when it arrived there was no lobster. I asked the waiter where it was and she replied " it got in late and it will take a few minutes". Ok no problem! It took 15 and when she brought it I was done with my steak. I nicely told her that I did not want it at that point and she said " so should I wrap it up"? I said " who wants to re- heat a $30 lobster in the microwave"? In the end the manager came and i told him I just didn't want the lobster since it came after I was done eating but that everything else was fine. Now what he did was unexpected, he comped the entire bill and gave my girlfriend and I a $50 gift card for next time. Mind you I tried to tell him that I just didn't want to pay for the lobster.

The manager told me something that I will never forget even when I conduct business. He said "you came here with an expectation and we did not meet it, so we need to make things right. Thank you and next time on us".

Now I know that is over the top service but maybe it is a guideline to help PSA realize that they should be more attentive when there is a problem. I'm not looking for anything free just resolve the matter on the first phone call.

Thanks for everyone's comments! It's good to hear different experiences and opinions.

Last edited by Hangist89; 11-13-2012 at 5:16 AM..
Old 11-13-2012, 5:34 AM

...and I like low prices.
Old 11-13-2012, 6:03 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

PSA should understand something about threads like this.
Having an error rate of even 1 order per day is not acceptable in todays business environment, as messing up 20 orders a month will trash a businesses' reputation in no time.
I have experience in logistics and fulfillment and it sounds like PSA is using a fulfillment house if it is taking that long to pick pack and ship orders.
There's no excuse for not expediting issues, ground shipping takes 3-4 days cross country, end of story, items for fixes should go 2 day - you have to go the extra mile.

They have an effect on future business from new customers as well.
Since I've never done business with them, all I can do is take into account the comments here:
1. Sounds like ammo sales are ok through them, but slow - well it should be it's pick pull a single unit and box it.
2. Sounds like other items are hit or miss.

Good luck on the issue, and to PSA - besides responding on this thread, did you PM the customer, have you rectified or researched the issue ? My CS reps that work for me aim for 100% resolution within the first contact and we resolve the issue 78.3 % of the time and 100% by second contact.
Old 11-13-2012, 6:15 AM
JUICEBAG
CGN Contributor

I LOL'd when I ordered a super compact streamlight and it showed up two weeks later in a box roughly the size of two shoe boxes together. No wonder they charged me 10+ dollars for shipping on an item that weighs an ounce or three.

Old 11-13-2012, 7:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Sounds like PSA could use a professional from the logistics business as a consultant to come in and over 6 weeks help them work out the issues. If they don't want to spend the money - business networking groups hold socials where they might be able to contact another business that fulfills and ships and get some pointers to take the rough edges off.
Either way it takes effort =$$ but if they are basing their business on value pricing they need to know that repeat customers are far less expensive to maintain.
Good luck to both the OP and PSA, to the OP, if you don't get it resolved this week, I'd suggest a chargeback and ship the incomplete unit back.
Old 11-13-2012, 7:20 AM
Banned

I've always said their CS sucks, and while their product is amazing and I own several PSA items, I've found it very hard to continue to buy, mainly because of ship times and never having anything in stock to actually buy.

That being said, they have ALWAYS made it right with me. I had an LPK missing, they got me one in the mail after verifying with the shipper that it was lost. Yes PSA gets it wrong, but I think when your doing a lot of business you make some mistakes, and while I have never had mistakes from other manufactures...I still think there is hope for PSA.

I love my PSA lower and run pretty much all PSA on my primary weapon, the cost is good, but you have to admit the quality is amazing too ....are they Primary Arms out of Texas? no, will they ever be? no...but then again Marshal and crew are very hard to beat with it comes to CS and most don't match up.

If PSA can get some good, passionate agents answering the phones then I believe they would be unstoppable!
Old 11-13-2012, 4:46 PM

Just an update. Still no word from PSA and I doubt there will be. Tomorrow I plan on giving them a call to get some sort of resolution. When we put a dollar out there is something in return. Even a donation is going to a good cause. Since they still have my money they could make the effort to call me and bull**** a little bit. Even a few lies to make the time pass would be better than hiding.

It seems every response I hear from them on other posts is 'this is the first I've heard of this" and that the customer should have done this and that. Get up off your lazy *** and do something about all these people you have failed to satisfy. Before your collecting an unemployment check and wondering what happened!
Old 11-13-2012, 5:59 PM

I have my fingers crossed on an ammo order from the 8th. So far it's still in processing. I figure I will need to give it another couple of days.
Old 11-14-2012, 4:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Its my fault their site said 59.99 for a blemished lower and I have to pay 69.99 now too right?
Im paying for their mistake.. does this sound right? x 4 = 40$

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=642244

Last edited by Darklyte27; 11-14-2012 at 4:29 AM..
Old 11-14-2012, 7:00 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangist89 View Post
Just an update. Still no word from PSA and I doubt there will be. Tomorrow I plan on giving them a call to get some sort of resolution. When we put a dollar out there is something in return. Even a donation is going to a good cause. Since they still have my money they could make the effort to call me and bull**** a little bit. Even a few lies to make the time pass would be better than hiding.

It seems every response I hear from them on other posts is 'this is the first I've heard of this" and that the customer should have done this and that. Get up off your lazy *** and do something about all these people you have failed to satisfy. Before your collecting an unemployment check and wondering what happened!
I can't coordinate with CS and help resolve your issue without your order number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns4life View Post
I LOL'd when I ordered a super compact streamlight and it showed up two weeks later in a box roughly the size of two shoe boxes together. No wonder they charged me 10+ dollars for shipping on an item that weighs an ounce or three.
The size of the box your order ships in is not a major determining factor of shipping cost. The larger boxes for smaller orders also help them from getting lost at UPS sorting facilities.
Old 11-14-2012, 7:31 AM
JUICEBAG
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto State Armory View Post
I can't coordinate with CS and help resolve your issue without your order number.

The size of the box your order ships in is not a major determining factor of shipping cost. The larger boxes for smaller orders also help them from getting lost at UPS sorting facilities.
You could have put it in a 5.00 flat rate box and saved me some money.

Old 11-14-2012, 8:07 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyte27 View Post
Its my fault their site said 59.99 for a blemished lower and I have to pay 69.99 now too right?
Im paying for their mistake.. does this sound right? x 4 = 40$

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=642244
Since you asked, yes. You saw them for $70 in the cart and you still chose to confirm payment for them. If something isn't right, why would you still buy the product???
Old 11-14-2012, 8:18 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns4life View Post
You could have put it in a 5.00 flat rate box and saved me some money.
USPS is a nightmare for us and our customers. Their tracking system is horrible, and they consistently lose packages.
Old 11-14-2012, 8:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto State Armory View Post
USPS is a nightmare for us and our customers. Their tracking system is horrible, and they consistently lose packages.
Then why use them if you are aware of the issue? I'd personally pay a little more for shipping to be sure tthat I received my item cares for and on time.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgron View Post
(For the record, I think my grandchildren will be retired and moved to AZ before shall-issue CCW comes to this screwed up state... and my kids are still currently young teenagers.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Wow. I'd work harder to stop the underage sex in your family

-Gene
Old 11-14-2012, 8:40 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh.killer.of.zombies View Post
Then why use them if you are aware of the issue? I'd personally pay a little more for shipping to be sure tthat I received my item cares for and on time.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
We use UPS.
Old 11-14-2012, 8:56 AM

I've had a few issues with PSA, missing parts, or wrong item sent. Each time the issue was taken car of immediately, and yes, I might have had to wait a week or so for the item, but the main thing is that it was dealt with. I remain a satisfied customer.
Old 11-14-2012, 9:18 AM

Ordered some X-Tac from them recently, was shipped out pretty quick and should be here Friday. I've seen too many of these threads about PSA as of late and not just on CalGuns. One of my buddies is still out a BCG that he said his upper should have came with. I don't think PSA ever got back to him about it. He ended up chalking it up as a loss and ordering a BCG from BCM. Sucks because I asked him if he wanted to go in with me on my recent purchased...he vowed never to give anymore money to PSA unfortunately. Sad because their ammo prices w/ shipping are among some of the best. If my ammo comes looking as it should look I'll be buying more if it's in stock.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

Old 11-14-2012, 9:38 AM

Personally, I'd much rather pay a little more and walk away happy without a headache. After all the posts I've seen on/from psa, I've learned enough to STAY AWAY.
Old 11-14-2012, 9:54 AM
Calguns Addict

I feel the same they have awesome prices but for them to advertise 59.99$ for blem lowers to then charge 69.99$ is bs. Cs emaiked me saying sorry the 69.99$ is correct.
Unwilling to give me a credit for future purchases. Its sad they have to steep so low to take advantage of us. I wish it wouldnt have to be this way because ive sent numerous customers to them.
Old 11-14-2012, 2:36 PM

Your complaints here are a drop in the bucket.

Their sales are so massive a few complainers on a web forum or two is really insignificant. I can understand being upset at a mixed up order though in the at least half dozen orders I've placed that has yet to happen.
Old 11-15-2012, 8:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourLoko View Post
Your complaints here are a drop in the bucket.

Their sales are so massive a few complainers on a web forum or two is really insignificant. I can understand being upset at a mixed up order though in the at least half dozen orders I've placed that has yet to happen.
Drops in a bucket will eventually fill that bucket if you don't pay attention to it.
Not saying PSA is not paying attention to us (the consumer) but complaints like the OP's are starting to become more common online.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

Old 11-16-2012, 5:56 PM

[QUOTE=Palmetto State Armory;9720629]I can't coordinate with CS and help resolve your issue without your order number.

I sent you the order number and it has been 2 days with no response. I wont even get into your customer service because those people are worthless. Even girl scouts deliver cookies on time. I find it to be almost criminal to take my money not send me any product and especially not contact me to butter me up. Guess you guys dont give 2 sh*ts about your future. It is going to be my goal to make sure you start losing some customers and believe me I know alot of people. This is my first thread about any company on Calguns and I will make sure it sticks out like a sore thumb!

Good Luck!
Old 11-18-2012, 6:27 AM

Im leaving this post in the place of another that was deleted. I guess we need to watch what we say.

Where the **** is my order and my money? What happened to the Calguns rep that was going to handle the situation? You have time to try and defend your mistakes but you make no effort to fix them. Didn't need to attend the first day of school to understand the basics of business. (Customer Serivice) No customer, No business!

I'm glad your getting my money's worth.
Old 11-18-2012, 6:34 AM

they're getting faster on shipping and their price on rommy 40rd ak mags (for us in the free states) cant be beat
Old 11-18-2012, 6:44 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have ordered many times from PSA and I do admit it's mostly ammo.. I have never once had any lost/missing parts nor wrong items from PSA.

All the 5 LPK's I have got all came in seperate bags and everything was in there. I just got an order of 1500 rounds of 9mm for the wife and it came in record time through UPS. As a business owner who ships quite a bit of product, I do agree with PSA on the USPS shipping. They have lost more than I want to think about and the wait time on insurance cases is very slow.....

NRA Life Member

Loved By Some, Hated By Many, Respected By All..
Old 11-19-2012, 6:47 PM

Location: Presently located on a wind swept mountain in northeast Pennsylvania

Just received a pencil barrel 16" middy upper assy from Palmetto. Took more than a month from order to delivery to get here. The last one was three-weeks to show up. What's the big deal? If I order the Popeel's Do it Yourself Root Canal Kit off the TV at 3:00 a.m. it's takes six weeks to arrive.

The way I look at though . . . it's a trade off. Like all great artists, these people at Palmetto probably ain't normal in the way that most of us understand that condition. What should they care about mundane self imposed deadlines and gun nuts whining about late deliveries? The way I see it . . .PSA's moderate prices with high quality product more than balances things out. After-all . . . most if not all of the Palmetto State Armory AR barrels are manufactured by their neighbor up the street at the FN firearms factory.

The latest SHTF middy carbine that's just been put together is real nice. Bottom line . . . PSA makes and sells high quality stuff that fits and functions flawlessly.
Old 11-20-2012, 6:20 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangist89 View Post
Im leaving this post in the place of another that was deleted. I guess we need to watch what we say.

Where the **** is my order and my money? What happened to the Calguns rep that was going to handle the situation? You have time to try and defend your mistakes but you make no effort to fix them. Didn't need to attend the first day of school to understand the basics of business. (Customer Serivice) No customer, No business!

I'm glad your getting my money's worth.
Hangist,

CS checked on the 2nd package and it was delivered on the 15th and signed for by someone with the same last name as yours. I know that this was originally sent to the wrong address by accident, but did you or someone in your family not receive it?

If we need to send an RMA for that package, and re-send the items to your current address let me know.

Thanks,
Old 11-20-2012, 7:33 AM

PSA,

How and why is it after two weeks your only form of contact is to reply to my thread. Have you called me? NO. Have you emailed me? NO. Have you replied to the PM I sent you when you requested my order number? NO. If you are trying to cover up the **** by wiping your own *** its not going to work.

Now let me answer/reply to the bull**** you left above. The package was never delivered and never signed for by anyone. You never contacted UPS to change the shipping address like you could have done. I let you know on the day you shipped it out that it was going to the wrong address and you made no effort to correct that. It does not matter how much you try and make it right, you will just end up making yourself worse.

You could try and apologize for the inconvenience but then you would be admitting to your guilt and PSA is far from guilty! Right? I drove 20 miles round trip to go pick up my package yesterday at the UPS location. They had not delivered it to my house but left a slip saying it was at their main location. Do your homework next time.

My trigger guard is still missing from the first order. Next time advertise: "LPK might be missing parts and may arrive more than 3 weeks late to another location where you will have to do the leg work and go find. We assume no responsibility for your purchase and no refund will be made. Good luck on us contacting you at anytime in any shape, way or form".

Again I want to thank everyone for there input and experience regarding PSA. Just remember if it has not happened to you yet, it eventually will. Thanks for reading!
Old 11-20-2012, 8:10 AM
Vendor/Retailer

I'm not sure how or why the missing trigger guard was sent to the Porter Ranch address, but someone there signed for it in your name at 9:53AM 11/19/2012. I'll send you the tracking information for it so that you can confirm for yourself.

I'll get another trigger guard sent to your Canoga Park address today. If there is anything else you need assistance with please let me know.

Thanks,
Old 11-20-2012, 8:54 PM

wow, i'll go ahead and close my cart with around $300 worth of stuff. thanks OP, good prices aren't worth the possible/probable hassle.
Old 11-20-2012, 9:21 PM

Had seen the mixed reviews about PSA. About a month ago i ordered a MOE LPK from them and one of their new Magpul MOE A2 stock kits(stock, buffer tube,spring, buffer etc) got the stock kit within a week and the LPK a few days later. The LPK and stock kit had all parts even a few extras. Everything went smooth just my .02
Old 11-21-2012, 8:04 AM
Calguns Addict

I have been ordering from PSA the last few month to get all there great deals. And all packages have come with in 3 to 5 days. I am in San Diego. I guess I could be lucky but so far they have been good to me.