Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 12-11-2012, 7:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I'm sure it does to him.
Old 12-11-2012, 9:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFingers View Post
I guess the njineermike's of the state don't want any fact checkers controlling their approach to guns and gun laws.
Not quite. We *are* discussing facts and ways to expand battle from courtroom-only to a broader discussion.

You are getting singled out for claims about elections and creating arbitrary political conjectures. It would be like claiming that Democrats lost big in 2010 because they were lying, or something ridiculous like that.
Old 12-11-2012, 9:58 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
Why is this tough for cdfingrrs to understand. Nothing cdfingers has written here makes a lick of sense.
Wouldn't expect anything different from that member.
Old 12-11-2012, 3:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I guess the njineermike's of the state don't want any fact checkers controlling their approach to guns and gun laws.

We perceive the result of ignoring the fact checkers.

Here is how arguments work:

Facts are the strongest reasons that support an argument.

Law and Policy are the second strongest reasons, though laws/policies made by people may be unmade by people.

The least strong reasons that support an argument are based on value. This is not to say that value reasons are irrelevant--as shown above, emotions are useful in persuasion. But value reasons are easy to oppose.

Those who ignore those three general rules will lose most arguments; enacting, or repealing, laws entails making, and winning, cogent arguments.

CDFingers
Is there no subject in existence you refuse to tie to a dig on republicans? Until such time as you manage to pry the partisan blinders off and stop trumpeting party politics on every subject raised, there will never be such a thing as a cogent discussion with you. And why is it about "winning arguments"? By definition, nobody "wins" an argument, least of all when attempting to have a discourse with some so hypocritically biased and entrenched in the partisanship they deride in everyone else while they look ridiculous every time they say anything.

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: I cant wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!

Last edited by njineermike; 12-11-2012 at 4:09 PM..
Old 12-12-2012, 5:01 AM
Banned

When folks make false claims, it is better to show the actual results of the belief in false claims than to talk in the abstract about it.

Oh, I'm totally biased against Republicans, true. I would prefer a Republican party that argues the facts. I would prefer a "loyal opposition" rather than the empty heads of the current Republicans. The current make up of the Republicans seems to prefer to believe false claims. I found it appropriate to illustrate my claim using an example everyone here at CalGuns could understand.

Only those who still believe false claims will find issue with my reliance on facts.

"Just the facts, ma'am."

CDFingers
Old 12-12-2012, 5:51 AM
Calguns Addict

This is funny. Just random typing in threads.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Calguns Addict

I still think its funny that some ppl think that "journalist's guide to gun reporting" is real.

They forgot to mention that any law that's about to be passed or has been passed that is a positive for gun owners must be called "a controversial new law".
Old 12-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
When folks make false claims, it is better to show the actual results of the belief in false claims than to talk in the abstract about it.

Oh, I'm totally biased against Republicans, true. I would prefer a Republican party that argues the facts. I would prefer a "loyal opposition" rather than the empty heads of the current Republicans. The current make up of the Republicans seems to prefer to believe false claims. I found it appropriate to illustrate my claim using an example everyone here at CalGuns could understand.

Only those who still believe false claims will find issue with my reliance on facts.

"Just the facts, ma'am."

CDFingers

Nice try at covering your tracks, but, no. Nobody anywhere needed an explanation. Then again, you seemed to be the only person on the thread that didn't understand it was intended to be humorous, so maybe the only person who needed an explanation was....... you.

And, as usual, you need to drag all of your comments down to partisan politics because you have nothing of any validity to add aside from the laugh the rest of us got knowing an "english professor" can't manage to grasp concepts written as text in the proper context.

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: I cant wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!

Last edited by njineermike; 12-12-2012 at 3:40 PM..
Old 12-12-2012, 12:24 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Some of you guys are really, really naive if you think that that so-called guide is real.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyanman View Post
This guy already got it covered: http://www.gunlaws.com/HowGunSpinIsDone.htm
As satire, of course.
Gunfacts actually does a pretty good job at explaining things as well.

http://www.gunfacts.info/
"The cases will publish forever the discouraging truth that the Supreme Court of the United States favors some laws over others, and is prepared to do whatever it takes to uphold and assist its favorites."
-Anton Scalia, Supreme Court Justice
Old 12-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Well, if that guide isn't real, this one certainly is:

Firearms-IdentificationNEWA.jpg

The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Your oath to uphold the Constitution is a joke unless you refuse to enforce unadjudicated laws you believe are Unconstitutional.

The real world laughs at optimism. And here's why.

I hope I end up having to donate another $1000 to CGF... However, this $500 is one I hope to not have to donate...

Last edited by kcbrown; 12-13-2012 at 12:18 PM..
Old 12-13-2012, 11:24 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Last edited by Regulus; 12-13-2012 at 11:26 AM..