Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 4:34 PM

Tow truck drivers giving out legal advice. THAT'S special.
Old 12-12-2012, 9:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmcdonnell View Post
Tow truck drivers giving out legal advice. THAT'S special.
He could be a burger technician at McDonalds for all I care, IF he was giving out accurate info.

In his case, not only was he totally wrong, he was rude and confrontational about it.

It only took 7 posts for him to get banned. Thank you, moderators.

If You Heard The Shot, You Weren't The Target
Old 12-12-2012, 10:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-Solo View Post
He could be a burger technician at McDonalds for all I care, IF he was giving out accurate info.

In his case, not only was he totally wrong, he was rude and confrontational about it.

It only took 7 posts for him to get banned. Thank you, moderators.
7 post under this name.
I have a feeling that this was not his first time.

Ignorance can be educated.
Crazy can be medicated.
But there is no cure for stupid.

Police Brutality? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd5oucG114

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 12-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Calguns Addict

True

Old 12-13-2012, 2:24 PM

Ive been out of my area on business on many occasions in a county ride. It has to be something flagrant for me to take action, mainly for officer safety reasons. I stopped a guy in San Luis Obispo once for driving like a mad man and almost hit a bunch of school kids getting off a bus. Funny thing is, we were going to lunch on a break from training and there were four of us in the car, (1) LASD, (1) LAPD, (1) Sacramento SO, and (1) Beverly Hills PD. We detained him until the local PD arrived, gave him all our info and he took it from there. Guy was suspended several times and HBD. He went to jail.

I always carried a cite book in my unit, so all I would have needed to do is write in the correct court of jurisdiction and mail the traffic clerk the courts copy to get the ball rolling. It was just smoother to call the local PD.
Take pride in what you do, say, and believe. Give everything your best effort, and never break your word of honor. You will never question if you did the right thing, even if it doesn't work out the way you wanted.
Old 12-13-2012, 2:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody the Enforcer View Post
Ive been out of my area on business on many occasions in a county ride. It has to be something flagrant for me to take action, mainly for officer safety reasons. I stopped a guy in San Luis Obispo once for driving like a mad man and almost hit a bunch of school kids getting off a bus. Funny thing is, we were going to lunch on a break from training and there were four of us in the car, (1) LASD, (1) LAPD, (1) Sacramento SO, and (1) Beverly Hills PD. We detained him until the local PD arrived, gave him all our info and he took it from there. Guy was suspended several times and HBD. He went to jail. . . .
I love a story with a good ending. I am glad you guys stepped up.
Old 12-13-2012, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAShooter View Post
I love a story with a good ending. I am glad you guys stepped up.
I usually have some serious blinders on when I'm out of area, mainly for safety reasons. This one was just too bad to pass up.

It was kind of comical watching the four of us deal with this fool. One guy giving him FSTs, the Beverly Hills guy on the phone with his dispatch running this guy from one side and down the other. Had the SLO cops not shown up, we would have had to do rock, paper, scissors to see who was going to do the booking and the report. Us SoCal boys were trying to lay it on the Sac guy. None of us had ever met before this class.
Take pride in what you do, say, and believe. Give everything your best effort, and never break your word of honor. You will never question if you did the right thing, even if it doesn't work out the way you wanted.
Old 12-13-2012, 6:06 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

At least you had a good story to tell after lunch.

Old 12-13-2012, 8:23 PM

In keeping with the nature of this thread...

To the OP - don't you know the cardinal rule on the freeway is NEVER pass a cop? Doesn't matter if he's doing 10 mph in the fast lane.
Old 12-13-2012, 9:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myusername View Post
In keeping with the nature of this thread...

To the OP - don't you know the cardinal rule on the freeway is NEVER pass a cop? Doesn't matter if he's doing 10 mph in the fast lane.

Well, if you consider the nature of this thread being non LEOs posting bad info, you would be right. Nothing wrong with passing a cop as long as he doesn't have the emergency lights on and you are doing the speed limit.

Ignorance can be educated.
Crazy can be medicated.
But there is no cure for stupid.

Police Brutality? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd5oucG114

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 12-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody the Enforcer View Post
......we would have had to do rock, paper, scissors to see who was going to do the booking and the report. .
Some of my fellow FTOs and I used to used rock, paper, scissors to decide which trainee was going to handle some messy incident.

Old 12-14-2012, 9:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-Solo View Post
Some of my fellow FTOs and I used to used rock, paper, scissors to decide which trainee was going to handle some messy incident.
I remember when trainees would chomp at the bit, begging to take the handle on a messy incident. I haven't seen a trainee do that in years. I remember when I would sometimes be down 10 reports at the end of shift and none of them were "who dun it".

I am sure it was even worse for you when you are a strapping patrol deputy

"If you expect logic associated with California law, it will only make your head hurt.." - Ron-Solo, 2013
Old 12-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed24-7 View Post
I remember when trainees would chomp at the bit, begging to take the handle on a messy incident. I haven't seen a trainee do that in years. I remember when I would sometimes be down 10 reports at the end of shift and none of them were "who dun it".

I am sure it was even worse for you when you are a strapping patrol deputy
Heck, when he was a "strapping patrol deputy," he didn't even have his paper log finished until a couple of hours after shift due to how buried he was. We didnt have any stinking MDTs. And even when we first got those, everyone had to use one of only two computers at the station to make all of the corrections. The first couple of months, you had to wait your turn to do that.
Old 12-17-2012, 3:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue-Mod View Post
For ALL the people who think they know it all.... So then a LA POLICE officer up here in SACRAMENTO can pull me over and cite me for speeding? WRONG.... He has NO jurisdiction outside his city. He can stop me, but only an officer within the jurisdiction of the violation can cite me!

I live in EG and I see EGPD officers ALL DAY LONG pulling people over outside the city limits! I am just waiting for something to happen and the department will end up in court! Maybe then they will instruct their officers to stay in the city limits!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue-Mod View Post
REALLY MORON... You might want to check out 830.2. The following persons are peace officers whose authority extends to any place in the state:

STFU if you have no idea what you're babbling about! Just because you're a PEACE officer in CA, does NOT give you authority throughout the state for traffic enforcement!

Semper Fi!

Old 12-17-2012, 3:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motonb View Post
Thanks for the input. I was pulled over for speeding on interstate 80. The officer cited me saying that i was doing 75 mph. His biggest screw up was telling me that he slowed down to to see if i would pass him. Now correct me if im wrong but if slow down or try to match speeds with a cop isnt that considerd "pacing." He also said that he in fact he had to do 75 mph to catch up to me.With that being the case how would he have ever gained any ground to pull me over? Not mention that i was driving a car that i guess is highly profiled in Northern California (buick regal.) It all sounds really strange to me when he stopped me that the first words out of his mouth was " What you didnt hear me!" mind you i didnt have chance to get a word out to even ask why i was pulled over. the other reason why i said he must have been heading home was He seemed to rush me and did not even wait for my insurance card as if he had somewhere important to be, which leads me to my next question. Why wouldn't he wait for the proof of insurance? cant i be cited a second time for that. It makes little sense.

ORLY?

It's kind of hard to understand EXACTLY what you were saying (due to your grammar) but basically you committed "Contempt of Cop".

You were speeding on I-80 while a Motor Cop was on his way to or from work. He saw you speeding and at some point got on his PA and told you to slow down (which is why he said "What, you didn't hear me!") and you disregarded that, so he pulled you over for speeding. Your best bet to prevent being pulled over, is if you see a cop on the road, comply with the provisions of the California Vehicle Code when he's around.

Just FYI, "pacing" is when the officer keeps up with YOUR speed, not the other way around.

Also FYI, Buick Regals aren't "profiled" but the speeders and ****-bags driving them, are.

Semper Fi!

Old 01-02-2013, 9:51 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

If a poster has been banned, please do not quote his posts after that. This is especially so if his posts were on the first page and you are quoting/posting on the 2nd or later page. It isn't necessary and just keep his vitriolic comments going.

Also, since it has been established any officer (830.1) can legally cite anywhere in the state, there is no need for this to continue.
Closed Thread