Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 12-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Curley Red Curley Red is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: El Dorado Hills
Posts: 1,738
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44fred View Post
Curley Red
Serious question, really.
Do you honestly think, if even for a moment, that our President will not go after our 2A rights? Take a look at the GunBlast link, just to name a few.
What has he done in the last 4 years? Signed 2 bills giving us more rights. I go by what a person has done in office, not what others think might happen. Who would have thought that a lot of our gun rights in California were lost thanks to republicans. Even though people keep blaming the democrats for all of it.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-07-2012, 12:31 PM
CessnaDriver's Avatar
CessnaDriver CessnaDriver is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,503
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Do you really want to provide this POTUS a list of gun rights advocates?
__________________
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic28512_1.gif

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-07-2012, 12:57 PM
mike_the_wino's Avatar
mike_the_wino mike_the_wino is offline
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Right here
Posts: 2,844
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

I'm in. 26
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-07-2012, 2:40 PM
fit1977 fit1977 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 496
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

27th

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-07-2012, 2:45 PM
tcrpe's Avatar
tcrpe tcrpe is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 10,272
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

That petition is a false hope generator meant to make the gullible believe the Whitehouse cares what they think. And why should they?

I'm sure they have a good laugh over it, and then file the names appropriately.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post
Considering the facts of how easily safes can be defeated, a park bench offers the same amount of protection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_electron View Post
PE card? LOL! Any green kid out of engineering school can get that with a few years of experience.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-07-2012, 4:47 PM
undercow16969's Avatar
undercow16969 undercow16969 is offline
Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rosamond (Kern county)
Posts: 236
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrpe View Post
That petition is a false hope generator meant to make the gullible believe the Whitehouse cares what they think. And why should they?

I'm sure they have a good laugh over it, and then file the names appropriately.
Well then what does it hurt? Sign and something may happen and it would be a win for many, if not, then nothing changes. All I am saying is that there is a possibility for something to happen and I am willing to try for it.


Thank you to those who have supported it thus far.
__________________
Be patient with those that offer advice, but be careful whose advice you buy.

If you do not know your rights, then you do not have any.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-07-2012, 4:54 PM
Merc1138 Merc1138 is online now
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,559
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercow16969 View Post
Well then what does it hurt? Sign and something may happen and it would be a win for many, if not, then nothing changes. All I am saying is that there is a possibility for something to happen and I am willing to try for it.


Thank you to those who have supported it thus far.
1. You'd get better participation for a petition about changing the national anthem to something about bacon.

2. Much like that god awful website people used to spam junk from petitiononline.com, nothing happens.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-07-2012, 5:04 PM
undercow16969's Avatar
undercow16969 undercow16969 is offline
Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rosamond (Kern county)
Posts: 236
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
1. You'd get better participation for a petition about changing the national anthem to something about bacon.

2. Much like that god awful website people used to spam junk from petitiononline.com, nothing happens.
1. These are in response to?

2. This is the actual site that was created by the white house... for the people regardless of whether or not it is a humor mill by politicians.
__________________
Be patient with those that offer advice, but be careful whose advice you buy.

If you do not know your rights, then you do not have any.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-07-2012, 5:08 PM
Merc1138 Merc1138 is online now
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,559
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercow16969 View Post
1. These are in response to?

2. This is the actual site that was created by the white house... for the people regardless of whether or not it is a humor mill by politicians.
Why is this so hard for you to get?

It's basically nothing more than a tweaked version of petitiononline that the white house tossed up on the internet to give people a way to funnel opinions into one spot so they can copy/paste form letter responses faster. Also, this would make about as much sense if there were a petition website for the supreme court. If you have any understanding of how our government is supposed to work, you'd realize why that site is pointless.



Simply put, it's a waste of time and as a result generates spam as people send these useless petitions to eachother and post them on forums.

Last edited by Merc1138; 12-07-2012 at 5:18 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-07-2012, 8:33 PM
lilro lilro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,370
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

The only petitions that actually work politically are those that involve money. They're called lobbies. I'd rather send a few bucks to the NRA or CGF, or SAF, or one of the many pro-2A organizations than put my info on some random petition.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 12-20-2012, 10:04 AM
44fred 44fred is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bakersfield, Ca
Posts: 2,070
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curley Red View Post
What has he done in the last 4 years? Signed 2 bills giving us more rights. I go by what a person has done in office, not what others think might happen. Who would have thought that a lot of our gun rights in California were lost thanks to republicans. Even though people keep blaming the democrats for all of it.
I rest my case!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:11 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.