Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Palmetto State Armory
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2012, 11:52 PM

Default My recent experience with Palmetto customer service

I thought I would share my recent experience with Palmetto. I have been dealing with:

Brian Livingston
Customer Service Rep.
803 788 9095
200 Business Park Blvd.
Columbia, SC 29203

I placed an order yesterday afternoon for 1k rounds of .40 S&W and 1.5K rounds of CCI AR Tactical .22lr.

A few hours after I placed the order I started an email string with them as seen below:

ME: Hello, I decided I wanted to try a few different kinds of .22 ammo instead of loading up on one type. Is it too late to cancel this order so I can make a few changes? Thanks

While sitting at my computer a few hours later, this email came in:

BRIAN: I can cancel the order sir but it will be subject to a 10% processing fee. Please let me know how you wish to proceed. Thank you.

Immediately following this email, I sent an email asking them if I can make changes to my existing order rather than canceling my order and placing a new one.

It's now over 48 hours later, I never heard back from him or anyone else. I sent a couple more messages just to ask if there is anything that can be done before the order ships and to prompt for a reply and still nothing. I recently got an email with my final invoice and tracking numbers for my order. I tracked my order and it is indeed on the way now. So, they shipped the order without following up with me.

Now, I'm not blaming Palmetto for this order. I should have gotten it right the first time I placed the order. I also understand that there are rules that they must follow. If the rule is charge someone 10% restocking fee, ok, I understand that they must follow rules. I also understand that there might have been an unusual circumstance and Brian might not have had the ability to follow up with me again. Maybe they are extremely busy right now and don't have the man power to go around making changes to everyones order…ok…whatever.

For me, I like to deal with companies that go the extra mile to help their customers and make sure they are happy. Marshall at Primary Arms is a great example of this. I placed an order with him recently and he went above and beyond to make sure I ordered exactly what I wanted.

If I had to do it all over again, I probably would have called them. I live in Europe right now so it's a little difficult for me to call the US but I would have done that. If I knew that I was not going to hear back at all from them and they were going to ship out my order before we finished discussing this order, a phone call would have been my first action. I guess I just didn't expect it because Brian emailed me and never asked me to call him to straighten it out.

I'm not sure if I will be ordering from Palmetto again or not but I sure wish they had stepped up, especially when I was going to order more ammo from them than I had originally purchased. I'll make my final decision based on how they handle this post.
Old 08-26-2012, 2:46 PM

UPDATE: 4.5 days and still no response from Brian or anyone at Palmetto.
Old 08-27-2012, 9:37 AM

You should be happy they shipped it within a couple of days. I'm close to a week and have been calling to check if its been shipped and I keep getting "sometime within this week".
Old 08-27-2012, 9:42 AM
Banned

I'll be the first to admit that PSA doesn't have the most responsive CS, and while I have had my fair share of run ins with them I still have to say their sell a hell of a product at a great price. I think a lot of us fail to remember that they are still a company growing and maturing. I do agree that they need to put more resources into their customer service, but am willing to give them the time to hear what us customers are saying and make it right.

Often the reason I go back to places is because of their customer service. I truly hope that PSA puts in the needed investment to grow that department because I am truly a champion for their products and hate to see customers turning away from them.

If PSA can become Primary Arms of weapons manufactures then I will be a customer for life.
Old 08-30-2012, 6:39 AM

Well, it has been 7 days and not a single response back.

I think I gave them a fair chance (especially since they are responding to other threads and ignoring this one and the several emails I sent) to say something like, "sorry we didn't let you add more ammo to your order and give us more money," or "sorry, we shouldn't have shipped your order without following up with you to determine if you would like to cancel your order with us or make some changes."

Too bad that they are willing to accept so much bad feedback (me and other people on this forum) when all they would have to do is make a simple post or email explaining what happened or why their customer service dropped the ball.

I'm not saying that you should not order from them, but I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Last edited by Yerman; 08-30-2012 at 6:46 AM..
Old 09-16-2012, 3:58 AM

still nothing
Old 09-19-2012, 6:26 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Yerman,

Customer Service is not able to change orders once they are made. Another order must be created to add items, or the existing order can be cancelled altogether. This is included under our Terms & Conditions.

Quote:
Amending Orders: No amendments to orders can take place once an order is placed. The only way to amend an order is to cancel the order (which incurs a 10% processing fee) and a new order can be placed.
I checked with CS and they had e-mail correspondence with you, but you did not agree to cancelling the order to create another. I'm not sure what else you require assistance with in this matter, but if you contact CS they will be happy to help you.

Thanks,
Web Sales: 803.788.9095
socialmedia.info@palmettostatearmory.com
Old 09-19-2012, 6:33 AM

Customer: "Hello, I would like to add a few items to my order that I forgot to add to my cart."

Palmetto: "I'm sorry, we can not sell you more products. However, we can cancel your order for a 10% fee so you can resubmit your order."

SERIOUSLY? Good luck with that.

For the record, read my email above. CS never finished our conversation. I Never said "I did not agree to canceling the order to create another." We never finished our discussion because Brian fell off the earth in the middle of it.

My response was "Will you allow me to make changes without charging me 10% restocking fee?" and I never heard back!!!

You shouldn't try to cover up your bad CS with lies. It makes you look worse than you already do.
Old 09-19-2012, 6:45 AM

OP you know how to read right? Next time you order online you should pull your head out of your azz and read the T&C on the merchants site. then no misunderstanding. This is your fault all the way. PSA is a great company and I have done plenty of business with them. I'm so tired of whiney b******.
Old 09-19-2012, 6:56 AM

Ya...because I am sure that you always read the T&C before you order anything online.

The fact remains, nobody cares what anyones T&C says. What I do care about is how I am treated when I am a returning and paying customer. T&C says, "We can't change orders"....big deal. I just placed an order and want to add to it and they are trying to make a profit off of that.

It's dishonest and there is no need to charge customers with a restocking fee when they want to add a couple items to their cart.

And for you, if you don't like me being a whiney b****** then stay out of my thread. I have every right to convey my displeasure with their CS regardless of what you think. If you would like to discuss this further, my PM is available. Then again, every time you make a comment like this my CS experience gets bumped to the top of their forum and I am sure Palmetto loves to have their complaining customers at the top of their forum.

Last edited by Yerman; 09-19-2012 at 7:01 AM..
Old 09-19-2012, 7:02 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yerman View Post
Customer: "Hello, I would like to add a few items to my order that I forgot to add to my cart."

Palmetto: "I'm sorry, we can not sell you more products. However, we can cancel your order for a 10% fee so you can resubmit your order."

SERIOUSLY? Good luck with that.

For the record, read my email above. CS never finished our conversation. I Never said "I did not agree to canceling the order to create another." We never finished our discussion because Brian fell off the earth in the middle of it.

My response was "Will you allow me to make changes without charging me 10% restocking fee?" and I never heard back!!!

You shouldn't try to cover up your bad CS with lies. It makes you look worse than you already do.
I reviewed all of the e-mails you sent in. None of them say you wish to cancel your order. CS cannot cancel your order without consent.

I'm not sure why Brian never responded to your e-mail, and his manager is aware of the problem. However, he would not have been able to cancel your order without the processing fee.
Old 09-19-2012, 7:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto State Armory View Post
I reviewed all of the e-mails you sent in. None of them say you wish to cancel your order.
That's my point!!! He never responded to me! I asked if he could add something to my order without a restocking fee and he never replied. He shipped my order without following up with me to see what I wanted to do!!!!

Forget it....
Old 09-19-2012, 7:06 AM
Banned

I never put in my credit card information unless I understand the T&C. I have ordered several times from Palmetto and have never had a problem. As a matter of fact, I recommend them for ammo because they seem to have the best deals. Here is some advice, if you aren't sure that you want to purchase something.. don't submit your order.
Old 09-19-2012, 7:10 AM

Quote:
Ya...because I am sure that you always read the T&C before you order anything online.

The fact remains, nobody cares what anyones T&C says.
Actually I do read and understand the T&C of the merchant I'm about to place an order with online. I care very much what the T&C say. I bet most people do. You don't care what the T&C read and therefore your in the situation your complaining about without a leg to stand on.
Old 09-19-2012, 7:10 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
It's dishonest and there is no need to charge customers with a restocking fee when they want to add a couple items to their cart.
We are not able to amend existing orders, and the only way to do so is to cancel the existing order, or place another order.

We are charged a percentage of all purchases made. We are still charged these processing fees even if the order is cancelled. It then takes an employee to find your order and pull it so that it is not packed and shipped. If an order is already packed it can take an employee over half an hour of going through pallets of orders to find the particular package.

I'm sorry that you feel this part of our Terms & Conditions is dishonest.
Old 09-19-2012, 7:30 AM

FROM EXILE MACHINE WEBSITE

I need to add to an order / change an order (combine shipping on two orders, etc).
We can not change or add to an existing order or combine shipping. We can cancel an order or place a new (additional) order.

I need to cancel my order.
If your order hasn't already shipped, we'd be happy to do that, but cancellation of an order may result in a 15% restock fee. Just send us an email to sales@exilemachine.com and be sure to include your order (invoice) number.

I ordered a Nikon scope from them several months back and forgot to add Butler Creek flip-ups to my order. Their T&C is basically the same thing. I emailed them and their response was, "Sure, no problem. I'll update your order and get it sent out with the scope."

Palmetto...sure, but I have to cancel your order, charge you a 10% restocking fee, then you can order the exact same thing and add the items you forgot to order.

That is all I am saying. I will take my business elsewhere.

If you guys want to work with a company like that, more power to you. I hope you never forget something on one of your orders.

Last edited by Yerman; 10-27-2012 at 12:11 PM..
Old 09-19-2012, 8:20 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
That is all I am saying. I will take my business elsewhere.
I wish you the best of luck.
Old 09-19-2012, 9:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto State Armory View Post
I wish you the best of luck.
No need...I'm a consumer, I don't need luck. I have options and there are plenty of vendors out there willing to accept my business and go the extra mile for their customers.

All you had to say was say was something like "We are aware that not having the ability to add items to existing orders is a problem and we are working on a solution" and I would still be a customer.

After hearing your responses and realizing that you will never accept fault nor apologize for my bad experience with your company, I now understand why half of the responses in your forum are complaints.

I wish you the best of luck with your current and future customers.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Customer Service messed up when they didn't reply to your e-mail in a timely manner. The CS Manager is aware of what happened and took appropriate action with those involved. I do apologize about that happening to you.
Old 09-19-2012, 1:56 PM

Thank you.
Old 10-18-2012, 1:34 AM

Thanks for sharing your experience here. It will help others to be aware in future and learn and finally act accordingly.

------------------
customer satisfaction
Old 10-18-2012, 7:24 AM

I usually stick up for PSA, but my last experience with them not so much. I pmed on this site and emailed with no response. Had to call myself after holding I got to speak to someone and a shipping label was created. On my other transaction, it got delayed and sat at their location waiting for ups pick up almost a week. I've been debating everyday to buy more but I keep reminding myself of my last experience and hold off.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Calguns Addict

I actually agree with PSA 100%. It's your fault you didn't take the time to read the contract that you were entering in while placing an order with PSA. I understand why you're upset, and I understand that other businesses out there have no issue in changing an order before it ships. But, that's how PSA does business, and if you're in a rush to "buy now!" on a bulk ammo deal, you may want to read what you're getting yourself into. I do agree that CS not getting back to you "right away" is also an issue when it comes to your money, but you have to realize how many thousands if not more orders they go through a day. Someone's bound to miss an email here or there, we're only human man. I think coming off as a hot headed consumer who didn't get his way, when you messed up- I don't think is fair to the good people at PSA.

I've ordered 12+ orders from PSA, and never had one issue-aside from slow shipping, but when I bought the uppers, I knew what I was getting myself into.

PSA and the guys over there having always been good to me, and my friends, I just think if you would of articulated things differently, and read up before clicking "SUBMIT ORDER." You wouldn't be in this mess.

Happy shooting.
Old 10-22-2012, 9:54 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
No need...I'm a consumer, I don't need luck. I have options and there are plenty of vendors out there willing to accept my business and go the extra mile for their customers.

All you had to say was say was something like "We are aware that not having the ability to add items to existing orders is a problem and we are working on a solution" and I would still be a customer.

After hearing your responses and realizing that you will never accept fault nor apologize for my bad experience with your company, I now understand why half of the responses in your forum are complaints.

I wish you the best of luck with your current and future customers.
I'm with this guy!!!!

Had a similar experience today. PSA could care less about maintaining customers, just want your $$$$.

Will NEVER purchase from them again.

Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!

Last edited by JNunez23; 10-22-2012 at 9:56 AM..
Old 10-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Lifetime Contributor #1
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

From reading this thread, it appears that both the vendor and buyer made some errors. As someone who tries to see both sides before making a judgement, I find it difficult to lay 100% blame at PSA's feet. Sorry to hear that your experience was not good, OP. I sincerely hope that you find a company without fault, and look forward to your glowing review, once found.

For the record, I neither know the OP, nor have any first hand experience with PSA. That said, this review would not dissuade me from buying from them.

Best to all,

g
Old 10-24-2012, 3:58 PM
Veteran Member

They suck..avoid PSA like the plague.

Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!
Old 10-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNunez23 View Post
They suck..avoid PSA like the plague.
umadbro?
Old 10-25-2012, 7:02 AM

I recently ordered from PSA and although shipping was just a tad bit slow, a PM here on calguns took care of that in short order.

I also tried to amend that order via e-mail and was told in a timely fashion that they don't allow this.

Couldn't be happier with my LPK, so I don't have a problem with their terms and conditions since they offer good bang for the buck.

Next time, I will just stare at my shopping cart and think about whether I want to add anything else to the order before I click on the "Submit" button.
Old 10-25-2012, 2:27 PM

I placed an order with Palmetto over a week ago for $930 in lower parts!!!! It had been 7 days and they haven't even sent out my order yet! WTF! To top if off, they don't answer their phones for ****! Been calling at all business hours for the last 4 days, nothing. I needed these lowers by a specific date, and I thought giving Palmetto over a week to get me my order was enough, but they're really a joke from the customer service aspect. Not happy at all, they just lost a good customer.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. -B.F.
Old 10-25-2012, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNunez23 View Post
I'm with this guy!!!!

Had a similar experience today. PSA could care less about maintaining customers, just want your $$$$.

Will NEVER purchase from them again.
BINGO!!!

I thought I was the only one..... CLEARLY there's an issue with this company!!!
Old 10-25-2012, 4:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

As a person who had never ordered from PSA I can say I will think twice. I am with the OP, it's all about customer service. Go the extra mile. Companies collapse left and right especially since 2008 with this tough economy. If a company is all about customer service then they stand out. Just my opinion.
Old 10-26-2012, 3:46 PM

PSA has been great to me, always ships my order quickly and gets me all the information I need fast. If I ever needed something by a particular day I would make contact prior to ordering I don't know about the rest of you.

Will buy from PSA again many times!

If you need website hosting, contact me and we might be able to work something out for a good deal.

Photos from my last trip to Front Sight Click here.
A few training certificates available if your interested.
Old 12-18-2012, 5:04 PM

Default Palmetto State Armory Customer Service is Lame

PSA is as lame as they come....
I ordered an upper two months ago...they don't answer their phone, they might email you back in 4 days...it's just unbelievable.

It's like a bad dream!

I would never order from them again, I would pay the extra $100 for a premium upper and get it 4 days and not deal with all the stress PSA put me through.

2 1/2 fudging months and no upper yet....

And yes, they did say ten days....well those 10 days have come and cone 8 times...
Old 12-19-2012, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamorinda View Post
PSA is as lame as they come....
I ordered an upper two months ago...they don't answer their phone, they might email you back in 4 days...it's just unbelievable.

It's like a bad dream!

I would never order from them again, I would pay the extra $100 for a premium upper and get it 4 days and not deal with all the stress PSA put me through.

2 1/2 fudging months and no upper yet....

And yes, they did say ten days....well those 10 days have come and cone 8 times...
cool more for us... my cyber monday upper is on its way... will have tue....
Old 12-22-2012, 4:03 PM

I've had great experience with PSA. I sent them an email (12-18) about an order that was place on the 26th of Nov. Someone replied to me 2 days later and told me my upper was being manufactured. Next day, I have a tracking number emailed to me. Remember that it's been crazy lately so I think they're overwhelmed. Customer service is great during "normal" times. I will continue to be a PSA customer.
Old 12-22-2012, 4:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Why add a few more items? Just place another order. In the order ask if they can combine to save on shipping.

I'll buy from them now just because!