Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 12-05-2012, 6:44 PM

Default ak spring?

i think im missing a spring that holds the trigger pin in place. one place says its a "Action Pin Fixed Spring" and another "receiver pin lock spring". anyone have a pic of said spring or better schematic so i can make sure i order the right one?
Old 12-05-2012, 6:48 PM

I think what you are looking for is called a shepards hook. I personally like retainer plates better.
Old 12-05-2012, 7:13 PM
Veteran Member

you can also use a "e" clip to retain the hammer pin and trigger pin.
Old 12-05-2012, 7:43 PM

thanks, a e-clip sounds like a perfect idea! i take it the spring has no other function?

basically i got the wasr ak-47 as a box of parts from my dad who said he lost a spring but dosent know which one. now i have a direction for the missing spring , which i assume held the pin in place. i seem to have everything else to make the rifle functional.

attached is a pic of what i thought was the proper spring . can someone identify it for me? instructions are no good and i cant seem to find a thread with specific part pictures. im now thinking its for the bolt catch lever??? photobucket is screwing with me so this attachment is the best i can do.

thanks for any help . im more familiar with the sks and ar platforms . kinda liking the functionality of the ak.i might be looking at one now, are the wasr's good or would a saiga be better?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (79.4 KB, 22 views)
Old 12-05-2012, 7:57 PM
Veteran Member

some people use this http://ak-builder.com/index.php?disp...oduct_id=29836
to replace this http://ak-builder.com/index.php?disp...oduct_id=29807.
Old 12-05-2012, 8:01 PM

like the pin retainers but what is this part for?

Old 12-05-2012, 8:08 PM
Veteran Member

That looks like another version of a shepards crook replacement that is a pain to install. http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&s...r:11,s:0,i:119 the plate is just another replacement of the shepards crook
Old 12-05-2012, 8:19 PM

thanks again . just wanna make sure if i do the plate or the e-clips i wont need any other spring. is there a spring that attaches to the safety lever at all?
Old 12-05-2012, 8:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower View Post
thanks again . just wanna make sure if i do the plate or the e-clips i wont need any other spring. is there a spring that attaches to the safety lever at all?
No spring for the lever. If you do a google search for ak fire control group you will find different pic views of the layout with and without select fire parts, and shepards crook. I wouldn't go with the e-clips because they are small and easily lost, hard to install, and take off. The plate is held in place with the safety lever and eliminates having to use a tool to take it apart and put together.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Veteran Member

I use one of these... It's cheap, easy, works and because of its size is much easier to install and remove if needed... Also harder to lose.

http://www.tapco.com/products/ak/ind...d&productId=59

As another member posted, I also have one of these; http://ak-builder.com/index.php?disp...oduct_id=29836

I used it before buying the Tapco. I think they honestly both work just as well, but the Tapco has the advantage because of its size.
Old 12-08-2012, 9:52 AM

i tried every which way to get the spring i have the pic of to fit. but its dosent seem to be for the pins. my dad was adamant he lost a spring and i just want to make sure this spring isnt for anything else.
i ordered the pin retainer plate and for the meantime i have e-clips in there. everything seems to function fine but i havent test fired it yet. so im at a loss with the spring i have pictured.

are there any indoor ranges around north oc area where i can test fire a 7.62x39? i dont want to go all the way out to my desert range to find out it dosent function correctly.i want to make sure its a semi reliable gun before i give it back to my dad.
thanks for all the help
Old 12-08-2012, 9:58 AM
Veteran Member

Yes, On Target, but you have to take their rifle class on Sunday morning for 1 hour. If you do, sign up for a lane before you take the class. They only have 3 rifle lanes I think. They let you shoot steel case and steel core.

Field Time has a great indoor range too, but I believe they only allow brass. Call to verify.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

KrisAnne Hall on Oregon

"I am sullied - no more" Col. Ted Westhusing

Last edited by RobGR; 12-11-2012 at 8:36 AM..