Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:34 PM
FourTenJaeger's Avatar
FourTenJaeger FourTenJaeger is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Everywhere - CA not included.
Posts: 11,545
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default North Koreans

In my never ending quest for the odd, the unusual, the rare, and of course, more guns, I've come to tickle your brains and prod your mind, with the following questions.

What fun NK stuff have you found or seen for sale in the US? I have seen only two North Korean's for sale, a .22 Trainer that got away from me, and an NK SKS That was overpriced. Even ammunition I cannot find much of, A few 762x39 Rounds but not much else.

Help me spend my money, Please.
__________________
Saturday Night Special Expert
CGTS Captain and Founder
Firearms Collector
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Marcus von W.'s Avatar
Marcus von W. Marcus von W. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Temecula, Southwest Riverside County
Posts: 1,442
iTrader: 54 / 100%
Default

North Korean stuff is pretty rare - I seem to remember a couple AK mags from there for sale a while back, not much else. For some reason, even during the Korean War, very little stuff was brought home from there as War Trophies. Of the few items that were brought back, little of it was of distinctly North Korean origin - mainly Japanese or Soviet weapons, but no North Korean uniforms or anything like that that I've seen.

Maybe one day Sum Dum Dong or whatever whoever their current dictator is will get hard up for western cash and sell off some of the obsolete weapons they must still be hoarding. Moved to another country and stored for a few years a lot of the old WW2 and Korean War era stuff they have could be legally imported, but I think the laws against importing North Korean goods would probably prevent bringing in NK made SKS's, Tokarevs or Makarovs (if any such exist), or whatever else like that they might have manufactured over there.

The only way I can think of to spend your money to get something of North Korean origin might be to fly to South Korea and wander around too near the North Korean border. If you get lucky, you might come back with either an NK bullet you can have removed and show off, or maybe your own personal set of NK prison clothing that you spent the past 5 years wearing while eating rats and rice.

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 09-29-2012 at 12:52 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-29-2012, 1:38 PM
FourTenJaeger's Avatar
FourTenJaeger FourTenJaeger is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Everywhere - CA not included.
Posts: 11,545
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus von W. View Post
North Korean stuff is pretty rare - I seem to remember a couple AK mags from there for sale a while back, not much else. For some reason, even during the Korean War, very little stuff was brought home from there as War Trophies. Of the few items that were brought back, little of it was of distinctly North Korean origin - mainly Japanese or Soviet weapons, but no North Korean uniforms or anything like that that I've seen.

Maybe one day Sum Dum Dong or whatever whoever their current dictator is will get hard up for western cash and sell off some of the obsolete weapons they must still be hoarding. Moved to another country and stored for a few years a lot of the old WW2 and Korean War era stuff they have could be legally imported, but I think the laws against importing North Korean goods would probably prevent bringing in NK made SKS's, Tokarevs or Makarovs (if any such exist), or whatever else like that they might have manufactured over there.

The only way I can think of to spend your money to get something of North Korean origin might be to fly to South Korea and wander around too near the North Korean border. If you get lucky, you might come back with either an NK bullet you can have removed and show off, or maybe your own personal set of NK prison clothing that you spent the past 5 years wearing while eating rats and rice.
To my knowledge North Korea still produces the Tokarev.
North Korea sells weapons to ''interested parties'', mostly AK47's. However Ive yet to see many of them not in the hands of North koreans.

Kim Jung Un will break for some of that good 'ol american money and women eventually. Ive never seen a more brainwashed country, however.
__________________
Saturday Night Special Expert
CGTS Captain and Founder
Firearms Collector
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-29-2012, 2:37 PM
glennsche's Avatar
glennsche glennsche is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,737
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

sooner or later, the n. korean state will collapse.

when that happens, there will presumably be all sorts of neat things to get a hold of from our perspective.

until then...

we wait.
__________________
"If the American Left wanted to decrease interest in shooting, they should have the government make it mandatory like they do here in Switzerland. Nothing makes you not want to do something like when the government makes you do it."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-29-2012, 2:40 PM
Chameleon Loco Chameleon Loco is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,063
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default There is certain appeal of NK goods/weapons

I would buy a North Korean SKS if they didnt cost as much as some Class 3 weapons. Maybe one day if the two koreas become unified again (under the souths governemnt and politcal views) we will be able to buy weapons from their massive stockplies.
__________________
Want to Buy: Ruger PC9 Magazine Buttstock Pouch
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-29-2012, 2:54 PM
FourTenJaeger's Avatar
FourTenJaeger FourTenJaeger is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Everywhere - CA not included.
Posts: 11,545
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

^ Dont forget our own government denying us those weapons because ''They might fall into the wrong hands'' like with the South Korean Garands and Carbines
__________________
Saturday Night Special Expert
CGTS Captain and Founder
Firearms Collector
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-29-2012, 3:04 PM
Chameleon Loco Chameleon Loco is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,063
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default I thought that sale was approved

by our "Great Leader"
__________________
Want to Buy: Ruger PC9 Magazine Buttstock Pouch
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-29-2012, 3:04 PM
Vlad 11's Avatar
Vlad 11 Vlad 11 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: S.F.V.
Posts: 2,793
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

A lot would have to fall in line as far as geopolitics and domestic politics.

But given the right circumstances , North Korea could be the last great flood of C&R stuff.

I would have to speculate they have tons and tons of obsolete stuff packed away. Plus decades worth of ammo
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-29-2012, 3:10 PM
Simply115's Avatar
Simply115 Simply115 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Nicolas Island
Posts: 2,275
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

...are short?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-29-2012, 4:22 PM
Marcus von W.'s Avatar
Marcus von W. Marcus von W. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Temecula, Southwest Riverside County
Posts: 1,442
iTrader: 54 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad 11 View Post
A lot would have to fall in line as far as geopolitics and domestic politics.

But given the right circumstances , North Korea could be the last great flood of C&R stuff.

I would have to speculate they have tons and tons of obsolete stuff packed away. Plus decades worth of ammo

I remember when President Reagan modified the 1968 Gun Prohibitian Law back in the mid 1980's and a veritable treasure trove of firearms and militaria came in from China. The Broomhandle Mausers were first, followed by just about everything from Hanyang Model 1888's to SKS's, including much of the U.S. and Japanese stuff they had left over from WW2 and the defeat of the Kumintang.

I'm sure there is a lot of interesting stuff left over from North Korea's various and varied relations with Japan, China, the U.S., South Korea, Soviet Union, etc.

Maybe one day Cuba will free itself of "The Beard" and his legacy, and some good C&R stuff might show up from there too.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-29-2012, 6:00 PM
SVT-40's Avatar
SVT-40 SVT-40 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Az
Posts: 7,222
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

I've got a bunch of NK medals. Bought them on Ebay from a Chinese vendor.
__________________
Poke'm with a stick!


Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.


Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Bobby Ricigliano's Avatar
Bobby Ricigliano Bobby Ricigliano is offline
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan
Posts: 12,889
iTrader: 286 / 100%
Default

I'd be tempted to buy a North Korean SKS if it was anywhere near an amount I could afford at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-30-2012, 12:16 AM
glennsche's Avatar
glennsche glennsche is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,737
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
I'd be tempted to buy a North Korean SKS if it was anywhere near an amount I could afford at the time.
"collecting the whole set" of SKS manufacturers would be great!

i want a DDR one.

i've never seen a NK for sale, what did it cost?
__________________
"If the American Left wanted to decrease interest in shooting, they should have the government make it mandatory like they do here in Switzerland. Nothing makes you not want to do something like when the government makes you do it."
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Bobby Ricigliano's Avatar
Bobby Ricigliano Bobby Ricigliano is offline
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan
Posts: 12,889
iTrader: 286 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennsche View Post
"collecting the whole set" of SKS manufacturers would be great!

i want a DDR one.

i've never seen a NK for sale, what did it cost?
I did a quick search and a NK apparently was listed on Gunbroker a while back for $6,995.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-01-2012, 9:56 AM
glennsche's Avatar
glennsche glennsche is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,737
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
I did a quick search and a NK apparently was listed on Gunbroker a while back for $6,995.
BUH.

can i revise what i said earlier and leave out NK?

no sks in the world is worth that. sorry. not unless it was the one that shot kim jong ill while he was having anal sex with jane fonda on the grave of ronald reagan while drinking champagne from hitlers skull.
__________________
"If the American Left wanted to decrease interest in shooting, they should have the government make it mandatory like they do here in Switzerland. Nothing makes you not want to do something like when the government makes you do it."
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-01-2012, 10:32 AM
4thSBCT 4thSBCT is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,056
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Once had a NK type 68 AK parts kit that I built. Was complete with mag carrier bayonet and all the goodies, even had a nk 7.62 round floating around at the bottum of the mag carrier. Built it, and eventually sold it to a collector for 5k.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-01-2012, 12:23 PM
FourTenJaeger's Avatar
FourTenJaeger FourTenJaeger is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Everywhere - CA not included.
Posts: 11,545
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thSBCT View Post
Once had a NK type 68 AK parts kit that I built. Was complete with mag carrier bayonet and all the goodies, even had a nk 7.62 round floating around at the bottum of the mag carrier. Built it, and eventually sold it to a collector for 5k.
Any pics?

The trainer rifle is back on GB I must HAVE IT
__________________
Saturday Night Special Expert
CGTS Captain and Founder
Firearms Collector
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-10-2012, 1:27 AM
Bobby Ricigliano's Avatar
Bobby Ricigliano Bobby Ricigliano is offline
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan
Posts: 12,889
iTrader: 286 / 100%
Default

From an SKS collector's viewpoint, is it is an awesome visual to think of a musty warehouse on some North Korean military base with 100's or 1000's of neatly stacked and catalogued NK SKS rifles. Even if the quality of the rifles sucked they would still be coveted collector pieces and fetch higher prices than any other SKS.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-10-2012, 1:54 AM
FourTenJaeger's Avatar
FourTenJaeger FourTenJaeger is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Everywhere - CA not included.
Posts: 11,545
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Another thing to consider is when the Kim Family eventually collapses.. Just what will we see come out of storage?
__________________
Saturday Night Special Expert
CGTS Captain and Founder
Firearms Collector
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:24 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.