Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 12-04-2012, 9:38 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Well, you do like project guns
Originally Posted by SJgunguy24 View Post
Some people are so open minded, their brains have fallen out.

WTB: Saiga .223 bolt; HK G3 bolt; Chinese AK pistol grips; milled AK cut receiver pieces and stubs.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domingo View Post
I would like to get feed back from someone that own one and that they didn't hear it from a friend of friend who builds AR's. for daniel defence
give me some facts

Let me get this straight. You bought a crap gun. Paid too much for it. And now when everybody tells you that it is a crap gun, you don't believe us, and want to hear from other people who have bought the same brand of crap gun, because the rest of us are too stupid to know what we are talking about? Really? Well, good luck with that. You bought it. It's yours. Next time do some research instead of blowing your money on an impulse buy. And don't come on here to whine that it isn't working. You don't respect our opinions enough to believe us, so there is little reason for you to ask us for help when your gun doesn't work. Good luck, have fun, and hopefully your gun doesn't blow up in your face.

-Mb
Old 12-04-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter95 View Post
OP, just shoot it and have fun with it.

Don't rely on it as a SHTF rifle since it will fail on you.

If backing out of the deal doesn't cost you much, I would do so.

This is the reason why a lot of people build it themselves. You can have a good AR for about $700
I will have to agree with this. If you can back out of the deal and won't cost you much, do it. On occasion they do make lowers receivers that work I happen to fall into this category. But then again you really have to try to mess that up, a monkey with a drill press and jigs can build a 80% just fine. I can't say much about their upper's as I don't own one.

This is how Vulcan stands behind their product:

Based on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act, Vulcan Group Inc. offers no warranty on its product line. Vulcan Group Inc. is extremely concerned with its customers' satisfaction and stands behind its products. Vulcan Group Inc. has in the past and will continue to offer service on its products for a period of one year from the date of purchase by the original purchaser for defects in materials and workmanship

For 200 bucks more there are companies out there without a shady past that will stand behind their product with a lifetime warranty.
Old 12-04-2012, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun toting monkeyboy View Post

Let me get this straight. You bought a crap gun. Paid too much for it. And now when everybody tells you that it is a crap gun, you don't believe us, and want to hear from other people who have bought the same brand of crap gun, because the rest of us are too stupid to know what we are talking about? Really? Well, good luck with that. You bought it. It's yours. Next time do some research instead of blowing your money on an impulse buy. And don't come on here to whine that it isn't working. You don't respect our opinions enough to believe us, so there is little reason for you to ask us for help when your gun doesn't work. Good luck, have fun, and hopefully your gun doesn't blow up in your face.

-Mb
This sums it all up quite nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing4u View Post
I will have to agree with this. If you can back out of the deal and won't cost you much, do it. On occasion they do make lowers receivers that work I happen to fall into this category. But then again you really have to try to mess that up, a monkey with a drill press and jigs can build a 80% just fine. I can't say much about their upper's as I don't own one.

This is how Vulcan stands behind their product:

Based on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act, Vulcan Group Inc. offers no warranty on its product line. Vulcan Group Inc. is extremely concerned with its customers' satisfaction and stands behind its products. Vulcan Group Inc. has in the past and will continue to offer service on its products for a period of one year from the date of purchase by the original purchaser for defects in materials and workmanship

For 200 bucks more there are companies out there without a shady past that will stand behind their product with a lifetime warranty.
Yeah, that $200 seems better spent on a S&W oe even DelTon/Model1Sales/JSE. I mean, I know impulse buys are tough and hindsight is 20/20, but don't smartphones help mitigate that a bit?
REDACTED
Old 12-04-2012, 2:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBoost View Post
This sums it all up quite nicely.

Yeah, that $200 seems better spent on a S&W oe even DelTon/Model1Sales/JSE. I mean, I know impulse buys are tough and hindsight is 20/20, but don't smartphones help mitigate that a bit?
They don't mitigate anything if you're just fixated on the price and decide to ignore all of the feedback.
Old 12-04-2012, 2:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
Vulcan has a bad and well deserved reputation but, I do know a couple people who think their Vulcans are the best AR lowers they've ever owned. These are guys with money and plenty of firearms knowledge. So, Vulcan has let a few good ones slip out on accident.
Neil doesn't count
Old 12-04-2012, 3:22 PM
Calguns Addict

I have a lower that was put together by a friend. I mated it to a Stag upper and it works just fine. It has one of the best triggers of any AR I have felt. True it was not a complete rifle or even lower but it does work and has given me no troubles. The only trouble I have had with it is that I cannot legally use 30 round mags and it has a retarded bullet button. For that reason if I had to pick a SHTF rifle I would pick my M1A or Mini14 or 30 due to the mags and no bullet button.
Besides it is just a toy to me and an AR will never be anything else until the bullet button is gone. I would like a 6.5 upper to make it more of a real rifle to me.
Old 12-04-2012, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
They don't mitigate anything if you're just fixated on the price and decide to ignore all of the feedback.
True, when you've left rational thought behind and just a see a too-good-to-be-true price, of course it doesn't help.
REDACTED
Old 12-04-2012, 5:13 PM
CGN Contributor

I had a Hesse MP5 clone. It was fantastic gun! Sometimes you could shoot two rounds before either the magazine fell out or it jammed.

To be truthful others with the same gun changed some parts and had good shooters.

Your Vulcan will either need help or be fine. I hope it's a winner and you enjoy the heck out of it. for $500 just have fun with the thing.

Here I am.
Old 12-04-2012, 5:34 PM
Veteran Member

500 hmmm that would have been my first clue had I not known of Hesse Vulcan blackthorne.
Old 12-04-2012, 6:16 PM

My friend bought a 7.62x39 blackthorne rifle kit and it's gtg. We shoot probably 500 problem free rounds last Saturday. So not all are terrible and suck. Buy some ammo go shoot it and hopefully you have a good reliable rifle if not than you get to learn and troubleshoot it.

That being said I wouldn't buy one or want one and if its not to late I'd try and get out of it and spend some more money for piece of mind at least.
Old 12-04-2012, 8:01 PM

Good luck, Buena suerte.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-05-2012, 7:33 AM
Veteran Member

Best of luck from a very very pissed off owner of a vulcan lower. unfortunately I did not know they sucked monkeys azz and got it back then. My pos had misaligned pivot and takedown holes as well as a wayyyy outta spec mag release button hole. I had to cnc it out myself via dremel

10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore. <Trailerparktrash>
Old 12-05-2012, 8:09 AM
I need a LIFE!!

^ you have a cnc dremel??
Old 12-05-2012, 8:12 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlink View Post
Maybe it's USB powered?
Old 12-05-2012, 9:48 AM

PICS!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlink View Post
I HaD to Cnc Dremel it since the morons who chiseled carved it in the first place couldnt craft anything worth a monkeys time

Old 12-05-2012, 12:55 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m98 View Post
I HaD to Cnc Dremel it since the morons who chiseled carved it in the first place couldnt craft anything worth a monkeys time
Umm. No one is questioning that the monkeys at vulcan made something that needed to be fixed. It's just that you probably don't have a CNC dremel, unless for some reason you mounted your dremel into some sort of computer controlled rig.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m98 View Post
Just an FYI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_numerical_control
Old 12-05-2012, 1:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
Umm. No one is questioning that the monkeys at vulcan made something that needed to be fixed. It's just that you probably don't have a CNC dremel, unless for some reason you mounted your dremel into some sort of computer controlled rig.
Lol, fyi, the computer is my brain, the axis controls is my shakey hands, the dremel is the the tool head, and yes its powered by a usb port and I dont think the morons at vulcan can compare to a half blind monkey

Old 12-05-2012, 1:04 PM

500 is not chump change to me. to me that is 500 plus another 700 when I have to buy a better rifle.

so I could have said "no."
Old 12-05-2012, 1:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakine_surf View Post

Lol my career of choice is in the sheet metal fab industry. I know a little something bout cnc's, lasers, press brakes, welding etc. :wink:

Old 12-05-2012, 7:22 PM

Thanks to all the info. on the error that I did for buying such a bad gun.
what I got to say that I went over the gun and everything look OK to me
trigger pull is normal, the reset was clear, the upper looks fine nothing looks loose
nothing was falling out the bolt is smooth the only thing left is to shoot it that I cant do until I get it out of jail but if their is someone that knows more about AR than me Probably everyone here. you can look at it for me and then tell me what big piece of C%$# I bought. but until then I think I did a good purchase and to all that said to back off the deal I would not do that I'm not the type of person.
and if doesn't work I guess I'll have a little project.
this gun is not the gun that I use for HD. thats what the AK is for
Old 12-05-2012, 7:27 PM

Quote:
I just picked up a Vulcan ar15 could not pass on it how good or bad are they
picked her up for. $500 how could I say no
You have my condolences. For $599 you cpuld have gotten a CMT sourced S&W AR.

But whatever makes you happy. Please PM me if you need future help selecting gear. I mean it.
Old 12-05-2012, 8:50 PM
Veteran Member

Well get to the range and test it out. It may work fine it might not, just take it as a learning experience. Hope it works out for you though. But if it doesn't work don't spend money to try to fix it, sell it to the next Guy and buy a little better next time. Take video incase it blows up
Old 12-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member

Uh no, i don't think you did a good purchase. but enjoy.

I like the beretta and Cz platforms....so sue me.
A word of advice to all reloaders new and old. The fun of reloading is figuring out your pet load. It's not about just making boolits.....
Old 12-06-2012, 7:47 PM

Vulcan Arms. To be completely honest I have seen much better craftsmanship coming out of the Kyber Pass.
Old 12-06-2012, 7:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Does Vulcan Arms just assemble rifles from other manufacturer's parts?

If so, as long as the parts are good, should be ok right?

I mean if you went ahead and disassembled it and put it back together yourself at least
Old 12-06-2012, 7:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Cheer up OP, my first AR was a vulcan and it ran great for me, many of them worked great.... some not so much.

I have to give vulcan props for being the first .. and last... to go through the trouble to get a DOJ approval letter
Old 12-06-2012, 8:54 PM

Quote:
I just picked up a Vulcan ar15 could not pass on it how good or bad are they
picked her up for. $500 how could I say no
LOL, look at the picture the OP posted.. the guys at Vulcan cant even put a castle nut on the buffer tube the right way! hahaha they must have a team of 12 yr olds ...
Old 12-07-2012, 12:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF_CAM View Post
LOL, look at the picture the OP posted.. the guys at Vulcan cant even put a castle nut on the buffer tube the right way! hahaha they must have a team of 12 yr olds ...

Good catch. I didn't even see that.
Old 12-07-2012, 5:31 AM

[/QUOTE]

Just watched this and thought it would help the OP if he hasn't seen it already
Old 12-07-2012, 12:28 PM

My first AR was a Vulcan. Before "bullet buttons" magazine was pinned in. It was that or a bushmaster with no magazine hole cutout. Both had to be loaded by removing the rear takedown pin and loading the fix magazine from the inside.

When the bullet button came out I converted to it. I have fed over 2k rounds and still does the job. Nothing fancy nothing special just a very basic AR. I prob got lucky because it was complete rifle. Maybe the factory did go the extra mile to make everything fitted and was functional. But have swapped out parts from my other AR's, like bolts, interior parts or even complete uppers. Even a 6.8 Works great.

Did I get lucky? Maybe... But she is still in the family and I was so happy with my first Black Rifle I thought she was worth a million bucks back then because that's how It made me feel.

Go out and test the **** out of it. Is all I can say.

Last edited by sindominator; 12-07-2012 at 1:05 PM..
Old 12-07-2012, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc308 View Post

it almost looks like they took extra time and effort to make the gun as bad as they can make it. id imagine it would it be easier and cheaper for them to just buy cheap but working parts and put them together vs custom making all of their own "parts".

that and where exactly does one purchase a hesse/vulcan. ive never seen one in a brick/mortar or online shop before...
Old 12-07-2012, 3:08 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinofsleep View Post
it almost looks like they took extra time and effort to make the gun as bad as they can make it. id imagine it would it be easier and cheaper for them to just buy cheap but working parts and put them together vs custom making all of their own "parts".

that and where exactly does one purchase a hesse/vulcan. ive never seen one in a brick/mortar or online shop before...
That's because most retailers have the sense to not bother with them.
Old 12-07-2012, 3:22 PM

Seems to me that any reputable company/LGS that wants to maintain their rep wouldn't touch these things, and thats why you dont see them in any legit shops. They just bank on screwing people who buy on impulse and dont do their research before buying a rifle
Old 12-07-2012, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinofsleep View Post
Even in all the stores I visited back east, I never saw a Hesse product on the shelves. The only place I remember seeing their stuff was at the gun-shows.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:00 PM

i have a vulcan lower on my AR pistol, price was pretty cheap. i have not noticed anything wrong with it, it detaches mags perfectly and the takedown pins fit fine just needed a little lube. i fired 20 rounds through it with no issues.

as long as the upper is a quality brand what does the lower matter anyways? the LPK isnt vulcan either, its basically just a shell and the only issues are the magazine release and the breakdown pins.

at least i have a stag and an LMT lower for backup...
Old 12-30-2012, 12:15 PM

curious to see how it works on the range.

FOR SALE-> STEEL PEPPER POPPER TARGETS

For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security.
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-30-2012, 12:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo223 View Post
as long as the upper is a quality brand what does the lower matter anyways? .
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.ht...&f=12&t=329225

It happens to their aluminum lowers as well.

You're right that the brand of lower shouldn't matter. Except that Vulcan/Blackthorne/Hesse have consistently gone out of their way over the years to prove that even a part that doesn't require the utmost scrutiny can indeed be garbage.

Last edited by Merc1138; 12-30-2012 at 1:04 PM..