Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 12-19-2012, 8:30 PM

Default INLINE FABRICATIONS ULTRAMOUNT!

I recently inherited an old BEAT UP Dillon 550. I sent it to Dillon who honored the lifetime warranty charging me only a $65 dollar refurbishing fee. They not only cleaned and replaced parts on this press, they also upgraded and updated it.
Once I received the press and mounted it to my modest bench it became apparent that I needed a riser or a strong mount to make it more sturdy, and give it a higher profile. Seeing online that the Dillon mount with all the bells and whistles (bullet tray, and case tray) would cost me well over $150+ shipping. I decided to try making a riser out of wood. It worked to raise the press but my bench felt more unstable, and wobbly and it just wouldn't do.
Ultimately in my searches I ran across http://www.inlinefabrication.com/ They have an Ultramount that is about an inch and a half taller than Dillons Strong mount offering. Along with this they also offered a solution in regards to the bullet trays, and brass trays. The solution is two fold you can either get a bullet tray adapter for the inline fab's press mount or simply buy their adjustable arms and tray system which attaches to the mount behind the press. I purchased the latter at Dan's suggestion. Initially he wanted to build me a custom bracket to allow the tray system he makes for the Dillon Square deal to fit on the 550 at a cheaper cost. Being a man of integrity realizing it wouldn't work he emailed me quickly that he would be upgrading me to the more expensive arm and tray system. DAN IS WHAT YOU EXPECT FROM A SMALL BUSINESS OWNER! Personalized care, quick responses, and a very very fair price.
Fast forward and I have loaded about 2000 rounds without a hiccup, the mount made my wobbly bench feel bulletproof, and I came out of the deal almost $45 bucks cheaper than sticking with the Dillon Mount and accessories.
I do not know Dan personally and only offer this review to help out a great guy offering some great products who was an absolute pleasure to deal with.
His kit is American made, it's solid, and he stands by all his offerings.
To note he makes accessories for other presses, roller/short throw press levers (hopefully this will be a Christmas present to myself), a very nice lighting systems to help with that visual powder check, akro bins, and other accessories. Do yourself a favor and email him if your in the market for any of the items I mentioned or whatever else you might see on the INLINE FABRICATIONS WEBSITE! http://www.inlinefabrication.com/
HERE ARE THE PICTURES!

Last edited by Jonb.; 12-19-2012 at 8:49 PM..
Old 12-19-2012, 9:40 PM

I'm not really following. How much did it cost exactly for the Inline Fabrication mount + accessories, and what accessories did you buy exactly aside from the mount? It looks like a bullet tray of some sorts, but there's several on the inline website.
Can you list them here, with each cost and total cost please so we can compare?

Last edited by morrow; 12-19-2012 at 9:42 PM..
Old 12-20-2012, 7:46 PM

I got package pricing from Dan for the following:
Ultramount
Two single tray systems (these 2 items are the bullet and case trays pictured above)
And the accessories that come with.
Email Dan for specifics and pricing.
1in9twist@gmail.com

Last edited by Jonb.; 12-20-2012 at 7:49 PM..