Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered Need a job, need a job filled? Help out a fellow Calgunner!

Old 10-10-2013, 10:08 PM

Default looking for gun jobs in ventura county

hello all, new to Cal guns. I live in thousand oaks. I already know there is going to be plenty of negative responses to this telling me this isn't the place to post so to that note I am sorry. I have been job searching for quite some time now. I am in the middle of doing my first AR build and sadly enough I am completing it as the money comes in as I am unemployed. I have retail experience and been looking for a while now. I also have experience on freight teams unloading and organizing and ultimately pricing and displaying merchandise. I am great with people and understand how customers need to be treated.
if there was any way I could get a job working in the gun industry I would love that
so if anyone knows of any openings or any shop owners need part time or full time help I can do anything you need me to. Or if there are any private gunsmiths in the area that would be willing to take on an apprentice i would love to learn the trade and have been thinking about taking online courses. i just have heard most of them do not actually certify you to work on guns without having the warranties voided.
Any way if anyone has any job leads or tips please contact me on here with a message or comment.
thank you
David
Old 10-28-2013, 12:05 AM

call zev in oxnard, call salient, call some of the gun shops in simi, come on. Ventura county is flush with gun places to work. island view etc….
Old 10-29-2013, 6:35 PM
Veteran Member

I am in much the same boat. I've been unemployed since early January (no, I'm not on unemployment) and despite graduating in June with an Associate Degree in Computer Network Systems, I'm still without a job and I'm sadly not sure if IT is actually something I want do for a living.

So that said, I've been trying to pursue other options. My problem is, I lack the experience... I'm not an engineer, I have no machining experience, I'm also not active or former military, LEO or anything else that would lend experience to working in a gun shop or as a gunsmith.

About the only thing I do have is my desire to learn new skills and my 24x7 obsession with guns. It's damn near the only thing I think about... I would like to attend a gunsmith school, but there is only 1 in California I know about and it's about 500 miles north.

I will be moving to Arizona early next year and I will try my luck out there getting a firearms related job and hunting down a gunsmith school. I just wish I could have some experience before hand.

If any local shops or gunsmiths are hiring, even just an internship or apprentice (paid or unpaid), consider myself interested along with the OP.