Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:18 PM

Default best adjustable drop in trigger group for ar15

I have been talking to a lot of people about building another ar15 and I really want to set this one up really nice and custom. I already know what kit I am going to use and I am pretty sure the route of machining out the 80% billet receiver at ares armor but I dont know anything about which drop in trigger will perform the best. I would like to be able to use the rubber band trick and bump fire the weapon by setting the trigger pull to 1-2 pounds. I often leave state and go to states that allow the use of full auto, which I have NO desire to do, but I do enjoy bumpfiring the weapon. so if anyone has any insight on which trigger system to use, please let me know or pm me, thanks
Old 12-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Why that paintball-inspired double-trigger of course!

"...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."
Old 12-03-2012, 11:33 PM

oh thats a great idea? I actually have a really nice custom paintball gun that has a double trigger. definitely can dance the trigger and make the gun rip! any idea on a particular brand or product?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Calguns Addict

This one

http://geissele.com/hi-speed-2.aspx
Old 12-03-2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
Why that paintball-inspired double-trigger of course!

Refer to this thread http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?p=9825462

I have a Jewel trigger for my AR15 I like it very much.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlocalkid85 View Post
oh thats a great idea? I actually have a really nice custom paintball gun that has a double trigger. definitely can dance the trigger and make the gun rip! any idea on a particular brand or product?
“Keep it up, America, keep telling your youth that mud and danger are fit only for intellectual pigs. Keep on saying that only the stupid are fit to sacrifice, that America must be defended by the low-brow and enjoyed by the high-brow. Keep vaunting head over heart, and soon the head will arrive at the complete folly of any kind of fight and meekly surrender the treasure to the first bandit with enough heart to demand it.” (Robert Leckie)
Old 12-03-2012, 11:56 PM

I dont really see a "double trigger" like you would find on a lot of higher quality paintball guns such as angels, or any other electric inspired trigger. I know I would have to get a different trigger guard, but thats the least of my worrries. although those do have very soft pulls and would probably do the trick just fine
Old 12-04-2012, 12:00 AM

What happened to the original double trigger thread?
Old 12-04-2012, 8:18 AM

Not sure about best, but there are a lot of nice ones.

Geissele for me. Budget FCG (still a buck and a half) go SSA. More $$ go SD-E. Both 2 stage and very nice for the $$. Also look at the SD3G for a hybrid single stage made for fast firing.

Robert
Old 12-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Veteran Member

Not my favorite trigger but the Geissele SD3G/S3G is probably perfect for bump firing with its ultra positive reset and light and somewhat short pull.

Best adjustable to me is the the AR Gold but I don't think it would work well for bump firing.
"When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

"Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X