Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 12-12-2012, 6:00 PM

Default Damn you Fulton Armory!

Today I received my Fulton Armory 308 Titan slick side upper which they call a DPMS "low" pattern. Well during the black Friday sale I bought a Troy TRX 308 rail also in the "low" pattern. The Fulton upper is NOT the low pattern, the top rail measures 3/16", not 1/8". Fulton only offers their uppers in a "low" pattern so I know it's not a mix up, I just don't know why they call them "low", I'm going to have to call them tomorrow and see what have to say for themselves.

I thought about trying to exchange the Troy rail for a taller one, but then I would have to pay shipping to and from and wait for the new one. I think I'm just going to put in on anyway since I wasn't planning to run BUIS it shouldn't be an issue. Besides, I do plan to build another lr-308 in the future, hopefully Troy will have the same sale next year and I will get the correct rail and put this one on my next build.
Old 12-13-2012, 6:15 AM

Yeah, I'm shocked more people don't run into this with them. When they say low, they mean in respect to the original DPMS 308 receiver which was even higher than the more recent DPMS high receiver.