Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrpe View Post
Fraud controls?

How does that work, and what is the cutoff amount?
Honestly I couldn't tell you. It's not entirely unreasonable say in the instance where a rogue employee issues refunds that he shouldn't(i.e. for more than charged etc). Smaller amounts are likely not subject to additional scrutiny because the risk is lower.

I had ~10 guns on order given the 2014 long gun registration and also the expected election crush if Obama won, so my amount was significant.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:09 PM

So it looks like they're almost done with allocating all the guns that need to go to either Tracy/MDT/or get shipped out to other places....

hopefully in the next day or two this will happen. It's tough because Paul has to be at the store to process the refunds and will have to find time to drive the shipments over to the different locations.

Will keep you updated.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:09 PM

So it looks like they're almost done with allocating all the guns that need to go to either Tracy/MDT/or get shipped out to other places....

hopefully in the next day or two this will happen. It's tough because Paul has to be at the store to process the refunds and will have to find time to drive the shipments over to the different locations.

Will keep you updated.
Old 12-11-2012, 8:46 AM

Great news, thanks for the update
Old 12-11-2012, 10:07 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

WOO HOO!!! Valkyrie refund posted! Celebration time B*tches!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:11 AM

Y'all are lucky that you're getting refunds...
I still haven't even heard back from anyone and I've emailed 3 times since the 4th.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo View Post
Y'all are lucky that you're getting refunds...
I still haven't even heard back from anyone and I've emailed 3 times since the 4th.
You should PM squackatu, he called me in less than 10 minutes. Email response initially took a while- day and a 1/2 I think.
Old 12-11-2012, 1:38 PM

Folks,

Paul will not be at the store to process refunds tomorrow (wednesday) as he will be processing transfers to Tracy rifle and pistol as well as shipping out other firearms by mail.

For refunds go by VA at noon either Thursday or Friday.

Good news the shipment to MDT is there and you should be getting a call from them soon if you wanted your gun shipped there ...

Pm with questions.

Chris
Old 12-11-2012, 3:27 PM

My refund posted this morning
Old 12-11-2012, 9:07 PM

Thanks for the heads up about going to Tracy. I was there today to fill out the paperwork and my gun hadn't arrived yet. Hoping to get it before Christmas...
Old 12-12-2012, 2:49 PM

Chris/Paul,
Thanks for all your effort cleaning up the VA mess. DROS'd my 1911 at MDT today (for the second time...). Hopefully all goes well and I can pickup (finally) on 12/22.

I appreciate the help.
Old 12-12-2012, 3:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by squackatu View Post

Chris
Wish I would have known this beforehand. Sent an email yesterday, was never replied to. Took the drive today around 11, was turned down for my return. Told to come back tomorrow around noon. This is the second time I have not been able to complete my return. The first time, I was emailed back to be at the shop by 2:30pm, which I was. Gate was closed, I knock on the window a few times. Absolutely no response. Before leaving, I email and call to see if I can get anything. All the while knocking on the window every few. Still nothing. Then I find out another Calgunner shows up around 3pm or a little bit after, and completes his return. This is getting old quick.
Old 12-12-2012, 5:29 PM

Got the call from Tracy today, my gun is there. Pickup on the 22nd!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:33 AM

I am a member but not sure I have ever posted to CalGuns. I was pointed here by "Paul" over the phone. I guess he wanted me to see the last few posts. What a crazy topic to read through!

I do see people are supposedly starting to receive refunds. I loved VA in Milpitas and never visited SC, but since I thought it was the same business, i was willing to put down a full deposit on a new firearm, they could not get for six months.

I always thought Conner was cool, until he said to me about a month ago that VA can give me a refund, but it will reset me in Sig's backorder line.

What a bunch of bull... He must have known what was up then.

Paul will not handle my refund over the internet and fax. For some reason, I am being told I have to go to this god-forsaken new location. What a pain in the *****!

I have no more love for VA. They were cool before.
Old 12-13-2012, 1:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD View Post
Honestly I couldn't tell you. It's not entirely unreasonable say in the instance where a rogue employee issues refunds that he shouldn't(i.e. for more than charged etc). Smaller amounts are likely not subject to additional scrutiny because the risk is lower.

I had ~10 guns on order given the 2014 long gun registration and also the expected election crush if Obama won, so my amount was significant.

worst PR campaign hands down..
Old 12-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Calguns Addict

So I'm in front of the godamn store again. Told me to come in at noon today. And guess what?!? Nobody is f****n here. WTF!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Calguns Addict

Still waiting.......unfortunately.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:40 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408er View Post
Still waiting.......unfortunately.
Someone said earlier that you had to really pound on the door to get any attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_electron View Post
PE card? LOL! Any green kid out of engineering school can get that with a few years of experience.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:42 AM

dude, my apologies, that stinks!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Someone said earlier that you had to really pound on the door to get any attention.
If I pound any harder on this window I will be able to walk through it myself. The gate is locked. Some other jackhole came by trying to get in, he told us Paul should be on his way. Jesus, I just want this sh*t over with.

Last edited by zod; 12-13-2012 at 11:50 AM..
Old 12-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Alright its 1pm. Nobody here. An hour spent waiting. Lets see how much longer this takes.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Alright its 1pm. Nobody here. An hour spent waiting. Lets see how much longer this takes.

Quote:
PE card? LOL! Any green kid out of engineering school can get that with a few years of experience.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
LMAO. Sure feeling that way. I have to leave and pick up my kids from school soon. I will gibe it till' then.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Calguns Addict

1:30
Old 12-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member

Can we get a live feed, man sorry to here it, its unacceptable to wait that long and be told that someone will be there.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squackatu View Post
Folks,

Paul will not be at the store to process refunds tomorrow (wednesday) as he will be processing transfers to Tracy rifle and pistol as well as shipping out other firearms by mail.

Good news the shipment to MDT is there and you should be getting a call from them soon if you wanted your gun shipped there ...

Pm with questions.

Chris

maybe message this guy. he seems to know it all...
Old 12-13-2012, 1:32 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Still twiddling your thumbs?
Quote:
Old 12-13-2012, 1:51 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred1222 View Post
I'm sorry, i guess you're making enough money that you can afford to sit on you a** for a week and let your customers hang
No, I just wrapped one up. I didn't make any money for a week because it's easier to let ATF do their job uninterrupted versus doing things piecemeal and everything taking a month.
Old 12-13-2012, 1:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Still twiddling your thumbs?
Nope. But I know where you can shove yours. Finally, got done a little after 2pm. Paul and the other jackhole finally came in about 15 minutes after my last post. I even told Paul, I've been waiting since noon and that was the time he told me to come in. He didn't even bother responding. So pissed, but relieved I finally got my refund.
Old 12-13-2012, 2:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Nope. But I know where you can shove yours. Finally, got done a little after 2pm. Paul and the other jackhole finally came in about 15 minutes after my last post. I even told Paul, I've been waiting since noon and that was the time he told me to come in. He didn't even bother responding. So pissed, but relieved I finally got my refund.

Glad you got your refund. Not even an apology? Wow.

Oh, well, you got your money.

Now, about those thumbs . . . . . . .
Quote:
Old 12-13-2012, 2:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Now, about those thumbs . . . . . . .
Just a joke brother. You've been taking jabs at me, so I figure I would give in.
Old 12-13-2012, 2:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Haha, they figured that after an hour and a half you'd be gone.
Old 12-13-2012, 2:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Haha, they figured that after an hour and a half you'd be gone.
This is exactly what I was thinking.......those bastards.
Old 12-13-2012, 2:49 PM

I guess I walked into Valkyrie for the first time a couple of months ago when the weirdness was happening. The vibe in the store was odd.

I walked in looking for some Tru-Spec tactical pants to buy, found a pair, and walked to the counter. There were two employees right behind the counter. One employee was talking to some guy about his paperwork for a handgun being insufficient. The conversation went on and on for a good 5-8 minutes, regarding insufficient proof of his address (I thought the requirements were pretty cut and dry). The employee did notice me standing there ready to be rung up, and I was hoping he'd mention to the other employee (who was chatting on his cellphone) that a customer was ready to buy something. Never happened. I put the pants back, and walked out.

Sounds like a messed up situation. Hope everybody gets what they paid for, etc.
Old 12-13-2012, 3:54 PM

I work down the street from VA. When I drove by on the way back from lunch, the gates were locked up still. Didn't look like anyone was there.
Old 12-13-2012, 4:57 PM

I have had SSE done before with no problems there. Last one done about three months ago. Yesterday I tried to call and thought it was strange so I did a search and read this whole thread. I was going to have them SSE another firearm for me.

Ugh..... VA you will be missed. Also shout outs to the worker that always let me play with his glocks trigger.

Last edited by rebo0t; 12-13-2012 at 5:18 PM..
Old 12-13-2012, 5:21 PM

I've done several transactions with VA at the Milpitas location in the past & they've always done right by me. Sad that it's come to this. I've got two buddies going through this mess & if I wasn't broke as a joke, I'd probably be in the same boat.
Old 12-13-2012, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Well come tomorrow that will be how long my refunds have been pending and still haven't posted! 15 days is the contractual limit for how long they are to wait for them to post the funds according to one of my cards. Like I said ultimately this is not a huge deal...but I have WAY more important things to do than run sheepdog on a refund that should have posted some time ago....
Old 12-13-2012, 6:14 PM

I should have read the posts, I was there at 4pm today...I banged on the window so hard, the salon worker said to stop! No email responses either..
Old 12-13-2012, 6:49 PM

Quote:
I was the guy that gave up after 1:15 because I had a meeting to go to.

If the owner has problems with having enough employees around that their customer service takes a hit, he should hire more employees to handle the load. A 2 hour delay is not "a little late". You get fired for coming in to work 2 hours late at most places.

I appreciate that the people who are helping out are trying to do what they can, but the owner needs to step up and handle the ****-up that his shop is tied to.

Last edited by Inner Nerd; 12-13-2012 at 6:51 PM..
Closed Thread