Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 12:29 PM

Default Buying frenzy at Turners

went in to buy a Colt M4 LE6920 this morning at the FV Turners, came in 15 minutes past opening and the store was already packed! There were already 30 people ahead of me in line.

Of course when my number came up, the only colt m4s they had were the target versions. LMT all sold out as well.

Ended up buying a stripped lower S&W M&P 15.

Guess i'll be building my own
Old 12-19-2012, 12:56 PM

Yeah, I was just there too and it was packed!! I was gonna buy some accessories but the register line was super long. Just gonna wait till next.
Old 12-19-2012, 4:31 PM

Anybody know if they have Del-ton 316 (not MOE) flat tops? I've had my eye on one for a while. Haven't been able to get through by phone.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:38 PM

they don't have them in stock at the fountain valley store
Old 12-20-2012, 6:52 AM

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention that I was looking for the Del-ton at the San Marcos store
Old 12-20-2012, 6:58 AM

There were 30 people in line in Ventura before they opened on Wednesday. They were pretty much sold out of ARs by the time they closed. This next part sounds very crazy so don't quote me unless someone else verifies it. I swear I heard an employee say they had 1,000 lowers last week and now they are sold out of lowers.
Old 12-20-2012, 9:54 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveUlysses View Post
There were 30 people in line in Ventura before they opened on Wednesday. They were pretty much sold out of ARs by the time they closed. This next part sounds very crazy so don't quote me unless someone else verifies it. I swear I heard an employee say they had 1,000 lowers last week and now they are sold out of lowers.

sounds about right.
Old 12-20-2012, 4:34 PM

Just got through to the San Marcos store. They're getting a shipment of Del-Ton Echo 316s this weekend. The guy I talked to didn't know how many they'd get, but you can still place an order for one if they're sold out.
Old 12-20-2012, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatzmaru View Post
sounds about right.
They have an order of 3,000 PSA lowers coming next week.
Old 12-20-2012, 7:22 PM

Guess that explains why no off the hook wendsday special , no calguns special , and why the 12 days of Christmas specials suck .....
Old 12-22-2012, 4:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

it is ridiculous!! i went there to pick up my ruger and i couldnt do it cuz there were 30 people in front of me.. and they close in an hour... the guy said - probably wont get to my number with so many people waiting..
Old 12-22-2012, 5:35 PM

I walked into the San Marcos store but they only had 4 boxes of .223 zombie ammo left at $19.00 a box. So I quickly left. This panic buying is out of hand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-22-2012, 7:26 PM

Default Out of all low price AR's Chino turners

called on the 19th to see if they have anything around 800 dollars... Guy said Out of all low price AR's and accepting no orders...@ Chino turners. said they had a few over 1,000 tho. I wanted to get a delton sport 599.00

said to call back in a week...
Old 12-22-2012, 8:18 PM

Saw this coming, glad I got my stuff way before; this is way worse than I remember in 08.

I still have two uncompleted Ar's but not spending a dime until things go back to what they were, if ever..Otherwise, I feel a trade coming on.

Before mods, and other goodies...
Old 12-22-2012, 8:18 PM

Saw this coming, glad I got my stuff way before; this is way worse than I remember in 08.

I still have two uncompleted Ar's but not spending a dime until things go back to what they were, if ever..Otherwise, I feel a trade coming on.

Before mods, and other goodies...
Old 12-22-2012, 11:07 PM

Oh wow.. hearing about this on the news. Everyone buying out all the AR's (And most semi auto rifles) and stockades of .223/5.56 ammo, all gone. The local shops too! I hear word of some stores jacking up the prices. I was looking at a mini-14 two weeks ago on sale at turners for 699$ I called most the stores like 4 days ago and only to find the same Mini-14 going for 1300$ the hell is that crap? Well I'm just glad I bought my Smith and Wesson M&P Sport last month.. GF wants an AR now so thinking about those lowers. And still looking for a Mini 14.
Old 12-23-2012, 7:19 AM

My ten day waiting period is up on wed the 26th. I probly will have to wait until saturday to pick it up. I work until 7pm or so and there won`t be enough time to get over there and get in line before they close
Old 12-23-2012, 8:52 AM

Yep I got to the Torrance store a half hour before it opened yesterday and I was #46 in line.
Old 12-23-2012, 9:11 AM

thanks to barack, diane and all other liberals who have jacked up demands for firearms.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:36 AM

I went into the Pasadena turners yesterday to pick up a rifle. Because I did the ppt on it before all of this madness started it was at the bottom of the pile and took them near 20 minutes just to find it. What a madhouse
Old 12-23-2012, 11:18 AM

I stopped into the Orange store mid-week to buy a $9.95 flashlight from the 12 days ad. The store was packed, there were boxes of rifles lined up behind the counter and the number system showed about 20 people ahead of me.

All I wanted was a flashlight and guess what; they keep them behind the counter so you have to take a number to get an associate to grab one for you.

I took my value pack of Rem lube to the register and asked if they had any of the flashlights anywhere else. Nope, they are behind the counter and you have to get a salesperson to get them for you.

Seriously, why should anyone have to wait at least 45 min. to buy a flashlight? No salesperson even looked at you if you didn't have a number.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post

I feel ya.In 08, I believe the vendors saw it coming and ordered truckloads of everything. I didnt buy anything around that period but I do remember returning from the Gulf and it being waaaay more people than I remembered before I left at the store/range...
Old 12-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Banned

Usually a cashier will go and grab those items for you. I was at Norwalk last night picking up a rifle and while waiting, asked the cashier for small rifle primers and powder, and he happily went and grabbed them for me (behind the gun counter).

The wait for my rifle wasn't that bad, about an hour (thats average). They were almost completley sold out of ALL firearms - and heard them saying on the phone that they had no more AR15s, and were not taking deposits on any at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiSS View Post
I stopped into the Orange store mid-week to buy a $9.95 flashlight from the 12 days ad. The store was packed, there were boxes of rifles lined up behind the counter and the number system showed about 20 people ahead of me.

All I wanted was a flashlight and guess what; they keep them behind the counter so you have to take a number to get an associate to grab one for you.

I took my value pack of Rem lube to the register and asked if they had any of the flashlights anywhere else. Nope, they are behind the counter and you have to get a salesperson to get them for you.

Seriously, why should anyone have to wait at least 45 min. to buy a flashlight? No salesperson even looked at you if you didn't have a number.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_k_lopez View Post
Usually a cashier will go and grab those items for you. I was at Norwalk last night picking up a rifle and while waiting, asked the cashier for small rifle primers and powder, and he happily went and grabbed them for me (behind the gun counter)..
That's what I thought would happen. I like Turners, but she (the cashier) just wanted to stand behind the register and take money. Sad to say, customer service in some retail personnel is lacking.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Calguns Addict

If you just want FN ammo or a flashlight go ahead and jump to the front of the line. It's like buying one item only at Costco.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:39 AM

have you seen what people are asking for their ar lowers/uppers on calguns last few days?

it looked like the good days are gone...
Old 12-23-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiSS View Post
That's what I thought would happen. I like Turners, but she (the cashier) just wanted to stand behind the register and take money. Sad to say, customer service in some retail personnel is lacking.
my motto is aim low so you're less likely to miss or be disappointed...

she was probably doing what she's told by store manager, but can easily pick up the phone and have someone get it for you... or she didn't care to take your money... ;-)

since most of turners' staff are hourly, they don't make one more penny if the store is making more money, thus driving their behaviors...

"I want the truth! - You can't handle the truth!" -A Few Good Men (1992)