Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 12:18 PM

Default Any AR guys in the know interested in a short meet so i can ask a few questions?

Its not as easy as how i posted in the thread title, i am looking for someone who does know CA law pretty well and wouldn't mind maybe meeting at a range???? If your bored and reloading, want company if you don't mind a few questions?

I never got into the AR's while in CA and then fell head over heals with them when i moved 5 years ago to Texas... Had to leave them with friends in AZ since i found out they were illegal here due to the OLL thing.

Anyhow, just looking to meet up with a potential range buddy? but overall just someone that can show me around with what is what and whats legal and not. Even on the forums it gets confusing with so many different opinions and arguments.

Just throwing it out there, worth a shot i guess (pun intended).... Im in Santa Clarita and don't mind driving a bit...

Thanks for the space.

Joe
Old 12-04-2012, 7:00 PM
Veteran Member

I'm Castaic, your welcome to stop by anytime. Owned AR's in Ca since the 90's so I'm well versed in the legalities.
Old 12-05-2012, 3:32 PM

Thanks G-ForceJunkie! Assuming you are a car guy as well?

Anyhow. I'll send you a PM. My schedule is 100% wide open so im at your convenience.
Old 12-14-2012, 8:31 PM

I live in Saugus and shoot at a place to shoot 3-4 times a month. You're always welcome to join me
I do custom automotive fabrication exhausts, rollcages, air ride, off road suspension and general welding. Pm me for details. great pricing and I'm willing to trade for firearms, optics, and ar or ak parts
Old 12-15-2012, 12:32 AM

Just to open this discussion a bit, OLL's aren't illegal persay, just hard to own right?

I am not even sure if the AR I just bought is OLL or not or even what "Off List Lower" really means...which list? List of what exactly, brands?

Anyway, I'm clearly new as well and way new to gun ownership in cali...
Old 12-27-2012, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PositiveRate View Post
Just to open this discussion a bit, OLL's aren't illegal persay, just hard to own right?

I am not even sure if the AR I just bought is OLL or not or even what "Off List Lower" really means...which list? List of what exactly, brands?

Anyway, I'm clearly new as well and way new to gun ownership in cali...
Any lower or rifle you buy in a CA gun store is a OLL these days. Guns like Colt AR-15 and Bushmaster XM15's are on the list so they are banned in CA.

WTT: Federal hydrashock 40s&w JHP's for 9mm fmj's locally

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=927721
Old 12-29-2012, 11:52 PM

I have for sure learned a lot thats for sure. Glad to see the OLL deal here in CA has gotten better since i left way to go CalGuns!

I guess where i am at now is i have a loading setup coming but i know NOTHING about it LOL... im very mechanically capable and haven't ever found anything i can't figure out or make happen but i respect the gun and i don't want any ammo issues and im sure i'll have questions on primers, Bullets, and powder?

So overall im always looking to go shooting with someone, especially rifles overall since im VERY NEW to rifles and im having a hard time Zeroing even my 10/22????? strange... Im a pistol guy and really good with them and even better with a shotgun but rifles at a distance is my Achilles heal ive recently found out hahaha..

as for AR's like i said, ive learned a lot. I have one of those cheap plum crazy lowers i need to install a BB in but that will be a first. ive never taken an AR apart and need to find tools i guess. I goofed and sold my AR's to a friend before the chaos. so now im trying to simply build one which has been a nightmare since the SHTF.

overall i learn very well and quickly seeing something happen so if anyone is building an AR or actually doing any reloading id love to see if possible?

Could anyone recommend a loading manual? not sure whats popular and modern in order to get my load data from and find out what ammo/primers it calls for. Does it tell you which bullets? or by weight? in reloading say 9mm/40/45 can i cast my own ammo? is it worth it? or do you just buy your bullets?

Thanks... as you can see i have questions

JOe
Old 12-29-2012, 11:52 PM

I have for sure learned a lot thats for sure. Glad to see the OLL deal here in CA has gotten better since i left way to go CalGuns!

I guess where i am at now is i have a loading setup coming but i know NOTHING about it LOL... im very mechanically capable and haven't ever found anything i can't figure out or make happen but i respect the gun and i don't want any ammo issues and im sure i'll have questions on primers, Bullets, and powder?

So overall im always looking to go shooting with someone, especially rifles overall since im VERY NEW to rifles and im having a hard time Zeroing even my 10/22????? strange... Im a pistol guy and really good with them and even better with a shotgun but rifles at a distance is my Achilles heal ive recently found out hahaha..

as for AR's like i said, ive learned a lot. I have one of those cheap plum crazy lowers i need to install a BB in but that will be a first. ive never taken an AR apart and need to find tools i guess. I goofed and sold my AR's to a friend before the chaos. so now im trying to simply build one which has been a nightmare since the SHTF.

overall i learn very well and quickly seeing something happen so if anyone is building an AR or actually doing any reloading id love to see if possible?

Could anyone recommend a loading manual? not sure whats popular and modern in order to get my load data from and find out what ammo/primers it calls for. Does it tell you which bullets? or by weight? in reloading say 9mm/40/45 can i cast my own ammo? is it worth it? or do you just buy your bullets?

Thanks... as you can see i have questions

JOe
Old 02-12-2013, 9:07 AM

One of the easiest manuals is the lyman but speer sierra hornady aew all good. I cast bullets for 30 cal and handgun but not .224. The ar really needs faster bullets than cast in my opion. To determine the best bullet figure out the rate of twist of the barrell and use for the bullet, plinking takes different bullets than varmit shooting.