Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 06-03-2013, 8:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Thumbs up CCWs Save Lives

Hi guys,

I just expanded and updated a list I've made of CCW incidents from across the nation. I added a bunch of pictures of BGs, links to stories and embedded YouTube videos. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=598875

I'm sure some of you aren't sure whether allowing "civilians" to go around in public carrying concealed guns is a good idea. After all, you never/rarely hear news stories about CCWers using their guns to defend life. If that's you, please check out those incidents I've compiled. They just might change your mind.

For others of you, you're all for our 2nd A RKBA, incl in public, but may have coworkers, CLEOs, family or friends who are either hostile to the idea or seriously question it. If that's you, please check out those incidents and if you think they'll help, share the link to that thread w/those folks. Be sure to mention that since these incidents rarely involve the death of more than 2 people, they usually only make the local news and only for a day or two.

Last, thank you all for dealing w/the scum that these CCWers did, but you do it on a daily basis. I'm sure the people and the "stuff" you see can wear on you....

God bless!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=598875

Here's roughly how things are in CA:

Here's how things are around the nation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Supporting CGF at the expense of supporting NRA is wildly stupid. . . .

Never, ever, ever choose not to be an NRA member.

-Gene
185+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

Last edited by Paladin; 06-05-2013 at 2:38 PM..
Old 06-03-2013, 9:31 PM

Nice work, Nice threads.
Old 06-04-2013, 7:52 AM
Banned

Good job team! Keep up the good work.
Old 06-04-2013, 1:53 PM

While you can certainly count me and most of my friends/family as "friendlies" when it comes to CCW licenses (and I think they should be Shall Issue, for what it's worth), you still compiled a very nice read. It's always nice when the good guys win, regardless of them being LEO's, warfighters overseas, or just the average guy protecting himself from criminals.
Old 06-07-2013, 4:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Thx for the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_rider View Post
While you can certainly count me and most of my friends/family as "friendlies" when it comes to CCW licenses (and I think they should be Shall Issue, for what it's worth), you still compiled a very nice read. It's always nice when the good guys win, regardless of them being LEO's, warfighters overseas, or just the average guy protecting himself from criminals.
Yep. Sometimes when I get down, just going over that list of people doing what our justice system won't ("sure & swift justice"), puts a smile on my face. Not that I'm happy when people get killed, but I am happy when evildoers get what they had coming to them.

In the linked articles, you'll often see family/friends saying the BG was a good guy, but he just "made a mistake" or "made a wrong decision." Sorry, but saying that 35 divided by 5 is 8 is a "mistake." Buying a gas guzzler if fuel costs over $5/gal and is rising is a "wrong decision." Choosing to threaten the life of an innocent person is an evil act, a evil decision, by a evil person. But those friends/family won't say that because they don't think of the BG as evil, but as good. Probably because they, who were friends w/him, are also evil, and they don't want to face that either.... (rant off)

FWIW, out of the 80 incidents, in only a handful were the LTCers injured once they drew their guns and in only 1 case were they killed (Tyler courthouse where LTCer didn't realize BG w/semi AK-47 was also wearing a vest). IOW, LTCers are a MAJOR risk for BGs!

Quote:

-Gene

Last edited by Paladin; 06-07-2013 at 4:33 PM..
Old 06-07-2013, 5:32 PM

A CCW holder could have stopped the idiot in Santa Monica today.
Old 06-07-2013, 6:32 PM

tag
Old 06-12-2013, 2:18 PM

Interesting thread. I am considering going the CCW route and applying for a permit. I'm lucky to live in a county that falls under the "will issue" category but was wondering.. If I get my permit does that cover me to carry in the entire state? For example If I get my permit in Fresno and then drive to Monterey, can I still carry? What if I get it in Fresno and drive to San Benito county, is it still valid?

Also How would having a DUI on my record from over 3 years ago affect me?

TIA
Old 06-12-2013, 4:25 PM

ccw is for the whole state. Not sure about the dui. Not sure how many years until they will overlook it.
Old 06-12-2013, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raws View Post
Well, it's certainly not going to help you! That being said, if that is the worst thing on your record I would certainly still apply (you aren't on probation from it, right? I would think not assuming that was your first/only DUI). What's the worst that can happen, you get denied and are in the same boat you are now?
Old 06-12-2013, 9:12 PM

Default Update: Solano County is May Issue... yellow

Just wanted to let folks know that the map below is not fully up to date. Solano County (should be yellow) has issued at least 500 permits the last couple of years. Don't let the map discourage those who want to carry from applying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Hi guys,

I just expanded and updated a list I've made of CCW incidents from across the nation. I added a bunch of pictures of BGs, links to stories and embedded YouTube videos. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=598875

I'm sure some of you aren't sure whether allowing "civilians" to go around in public carrying concealed guns is a good idea. After all, you never/rarely hear news stories about CCWers using their guns to defend life. If that's you, please check out those incidents I've compiled. They just might change your mind.

For others of you, you're all for our 2nd A RKBA, incl in public, but may have coworkers, CLEOs, family or friends who are either hostile to the idea or seriously question it. If that's you, please check out those incidents and if you think they'll help, share the link to that thread w/those folks. Be sure to mention that since these incidents rarely involve the death of more than 2 people, they usually only make the local news and only for a day or two.

Last, thank you all for dealing w/the scum that these CCWers did, but you do it on a daily basis. I'm sure the people and the "stuff" you see can wear on you....

God bless!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=598875

Here's roughly how things are in CA:

Here's how things are around the nation:
'I own the guns I own because I acknowledge mankind's shortcomings instead of pretending like they don't exist. There are evil men in this world and there just may be a time when I need to do the unthinkable to protect me or my family,'
Joshua Boston

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato
Old 06-13-2013, 12:50 PM

Apply if you want to. Worst a city/county can say is "no."

Thank you OP for this information!
Old 06-21-2013, 6:30 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by raws View Post
Interesting thread. I am considering going the CCW route and applying for a permit. I'm lucky to live in a county that falls under the "will issue" category but was wondering.. If I get my permit does that cover me to carry in the entire state? For example If I get my permit in Fresno and then drive to Monterey, can I still carry? What if I get it in Fresno and drive to San Benito county, is it still valid?

TIA
Probably best to find your county's thread and ask the question to folks involved w/getting permits at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=116

Quote:

-Gene
Old 06-21-2013, 6:35 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie50 View Post
Just wanted to let folks know that the map below is not fully up to date. Solano County (should be yellow) has issued at least 500 permits the last couple of years. Don't let the map discourage those who want to carry from applying.
Yes, the CA map is out of date: some sheriffs change their policies and some counties change sheriffs.

Among the 80+ CCW incidents I listed, was this one:
2012 June 24, Vallejo, CA: "A Vallejo man carrying a legal concealed weapon halted a reported robbery in progress at 6 p.m. Sunday at the Subway sandwich restaurant in the 600 block of Lewis Brown Road."
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/vall...H6ENHS6H7L4PK5
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=588118

I wonder if he was a local guy w/a Solano CCW.

Despite CCWs being so hard to get (in most CA counties), 2 of my 81 incidents were by CA CCWers.

FWIW from what I've heard, San Mateo should be "yellow", not "light green."

Quote:

-Gene

Last edited by Paladin; 06-21-2013 at 6:40 AM..