Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Palmetto State Armory
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 7:54 PM

Default disappointed with customer service

I ordered a midlength upper from PSA's black friday sale November 22nd at 2:37pm and did not realize until early the next day that it did not come with a BCG or charging handle. I immediately emailed PSA at 9:40am (the 12:41pm in the email below is EST since that's when they received it on their end) as well as requested on their website to cancel the order. I heard back this morning from them thatthey would need to charge me a 10% restocking fee. I asked to waive the restocking fee since the upper hadn't been built yet (website states 15 day turn around). I was not hindering the sale of the item either since the upper currently is not sold out on the website either. They refused to waive the fee even though there would be no work on their side to cancel the transation (my assumption on this as its the holidays and i emailed them less than 24 hours after the order. The order also happened THANKSGIVING day. i also assume that no work was ever started on the upper as PSA requires 15 business days to complete the order)

I relented and accepted to take the 10% fee as I will not do business with them for not understanding or giving proper customer service.

Here is the email tree:

RE: Palmetto State Armory: New Order # 100125308‏

From:Palmetto State Armory (info@palmettostatearmory.com)Sent:Mon 11/26/12 10:55 AMTo: XXXXX

To: xxxxx
Subject: RE: Palmetto State Armory: New Order # 100125308
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 13: 55: 55 -0500

Unfortunately I cannot. Thank you.

Nicole Kone
Palmetto State Armory
200 Business Park Blvd.
Columbia, SC 29203
(803) 788-9095

Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 1:50 PM
To: Palmetto State Armory
Subject: Re: Palmetto State Armory: New Order # 100125308

You cannot make an exception for the 10% cancellation?

On Nov 26, 2012, at 10:48 AM, "Palmetto State Armory" <info@palmettostatearmory.com> wrote:
All requests for cancellation are subject to a 10% cancellation fee. This information is disclosed in our terms and conditions. Would you like to proceed with the cancellation?

Nicole Kone
Palmetto State Armory
200 Business Park Blvd.
Columbia, SC 29203
(803) 788-9095

Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 1:10 PM
To: Palmetto State Armory

Why would there be a cancellation fee? The item has not been built yet. Per your website it states that it takes 15 business days to be built. Item is also not sold out so it wouldn't be hindering your sales for the item for the item to be returned

On Nov 26, 2012, at 9:46 AM, "Palmetto State Armory" <info@palmettostatearmory.com> wrote:
I cancel the order but it will incur a 10% cancellation fee. Please let me know how you wish to proceed. Thank you.

Brian L.
Customer Service Rep.
803 788 9095
200 Business Park Blvd.
Columbia, SC 29203

Sent: Friday, November 23, 2012 12:41 PM
To: Sales

Hello,

I ordered this not realizing that it does not come with a bcg or charging handle. Please cancel the order

Thanks

On Nov 22, 2012, at 2:37 PM, "Sales" <info@palmettostatearmory.com> wrote:
<~WRD064.jpg>
Hello, XXXX

Thank you for your order from Palmetto State Armory. Once your package ships we will send an email with a link to track your order. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account. If you have any questions about your order please contact us at info@palmettostatearmory.com or call us at 1.803.788.9095 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm EST.
Your order confirmation is below. Thank you again for your business.
Your Order #100125308 (placed on November 22, 2012 5: 37: 05 PM EST)

Billing Information:
Payment Method:
XXXXX

Credit Card

Credit Card Type:

Visa

Credit Card Number:

xxxx-XXXX

Shipping Information:
Shipping Method:
XXXXX
Shipping Option - Ground

Item
Sku

Qty

Subtotal

PSA 16" Mid-length A2 Premium Black Friday Upper

$279.99

Subtotal

$279.99

Shipping & Handling

$15.00

Grand Total

$294.99

Thank you, Palmetto State Armory

I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me

Last edited by shin_en; 11-26-2012 at 8:00 PM.. Reason: removing person information
Old 11-26-2012, 8:18 PM
Veteran Member

Failing to see a problem, besides reading comprehension.
Old 11-26-2012, 8:26 PM

That's a bummer. I'd do the same thing you did, give em their 30 bucks and deal with someone who doesn't start pointing to "terms and conditions" by the second reply.
Old 11-26-2012, 8:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Next time dispute the charge.
Old 11-26-2012, 8:29 PM

its very clear you didnt read the add or the terms.. it says right in the add. no BCG
and in the terms it says 10% cancelation fee...
SO why are you upset witt them when this is clearly your mistake.

Get over it..

Upper:Forged 7075-T6 A3 AR upper is made to MIL-SPECS and hard coat anodized black for durability. Featuring machined T marks, and a mil-spec finish. These uppers are made for us right here in the USA by a mil-spec manufacturer.

Each upper is assembled to order with care, and test fired. Bolt carrier group and charging handle not included.

Order Cancellations – All requests for an order cancellation must be submitted via e-mail. Payments are processed immediately upon placement of your order. A 10% cancellation fee will be charged to all orders cancelled after a payment has been processed. This charge represents the costs we incur to reprocess your transaction and to unpack and restock your order items by our sales and warehouse staff.
Old 11-26-2012, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurus214 View Post
Next time dispute the charge.
Next time read the add.. come on.. he made the mistake.. not them..
Old 11-26-2012, 8:39 PM
Veteran Member

How is this PSA's fault again?
Old 11-26-2012, 8:50 PM

Funny thing is this is still a killer deal even without the BCG ,
the OP must have found a better deal someplace else and thought he was going to get out of this one.

SO now its going to cost him an extra 30 for what he is going to get now..

I have a complete upper assy from PSA and love it..
I almost got one of these but didnt get one because of the BCG...
Im waiting for a complete upper kit..
Old 11-27-2012, 5:21 AM
Vendor/Retailer

We are charged a percentage of every transaction by our processing company. Charging 10% covers the fee and the labor involved with cancelling your order. The upper was advertised without BCG/CH, and cancellations are covered in the T&C.

To those who are suggesting he dispute the charge..please, do not order from us.
Web Sales: 803.788.9095
socialmedia.info@palmettostatearmory.com
Old 11-27-2012, 5:32 AM
Banned

Accept your mistake and deal with it. Next time, you'll be certain to read the TOS on any future purchases you make. Time to grow up and be man, stop blaming others for your error.
Old 11-27-2012, 5:40 AM
Prawn Lives Matter
CGN Contributor

The prices were great on the Friday sale. Picked up two.
How did yo not see "does not come with a BCG or charging handle"
in bold. This has been a topic discussed here for awhile.
I'd rather buy the guts myself instead of having to replace down the road.
-g
A choice of cancer or polio

-Jagger\Richards 68
Old 11-27-2012, 5:46 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto State Armory View Post
We are charged a percentage of every transaction by our processing company. Charging 10% covers the fee and the labor involved with cancelling your order. The upper was advertised without BCG/CH, and cancellations are covered in the T&C.

To those who are suggesting he dispute the charge..please, do not order from us.
Somewhat on topic....what is shipping time looking at right now. I ordered the same upper on the same day.

Figured id ask here since this thread has your attention already.

Sent from my Incredible 2

10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!
Old 11-27-2012, 7:08 AM
Vendor/Retailer

I don't know what shipment time on the uppers will be, but there were a ton of orders for them. I'm assuming that they will be at the 15th business day mark or longer.
Old 11-27-2012, 7:32 AM

OP,
Even it doesn't come with the BCG & charging handle, it's still an excellent price. Clearly, it was your fault for not reading the ad, their terms and conditions correctly.

Last edited by RookieShooter; 11-27-2012 at 7:44 AM..
Old 11-27-2012, 7:37 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I don't know what shipment time on the uppers will be, but there were a ton of orders for them. I'm assuming that they will be at the 15th business day mark or longer.
Figured it would be longer. Was just sorta curious if we were looking at 30 days or longer. No biggy either way, I got other guns to shoot.

Sent from my Incredible 2

10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!
Old 11-27-2012, 8:36 AM
Veteran Member

ok I read this all
then I placed an order for a upper
clearly no BCG/CH
alao real clea you need to check box agree to terms, & 10% restock is in that box bottom corner, easy to see
$249.99 for a m4 upper

I have extra bcg's & 5 80%er's to machine
thx if I get it withing 2 months I'm good with that
Old 11-27-2012, 1:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Kudos!
Old 11-27-2012, 1:24 PM

Looks like they are still running there internet specials too.. but items are running out fast.
Old 11-27-2012, 2:16 PM

even without the bcg its a decent deal. I ordered one then picked up a bcg elsewhere for $120
Old 11-27-2012, 2:55 PM

C'mon, a Upper for $279 WITH a BCG/CH? It's clear in the description there is no no BCG/charge handle included. OP "notices" it the next day and tries to cancel without paying a 10% cancellation fee, which is also in PSA's policy page. To make matters worse for the OP, he now chokes on $28 to PSA and vows never to do business with them. Not to smart IMO.

Save the $28, get the upper as priced, then sell it and never do business if that's how you feel.

Thanks PSA for all your online sales. I'll deal with shipping being a few days delayed to save money.
Old 11-27-2012, 3:09 PM

Yep buyers issue didnt read the ad and terms of sales. No matter how long it takes them to build it they got a restocking fee. Terms didnt says restocking fee after the 15 days building period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptroxx View Post
Next time read the add.. come on.. he made the mistake.. not them..
Old 11-27-2012, 3:21 PM

well I had to catch this offer before it was to late.. and here I had to click that I agreed to these terms.. I guess If I dont lke it I can sell it real fast right here.. LOL

PSA M4 Strikefire Premium Black Friday Upper

$349.99

$349.99

Shipping & Handling (Shipping Option - Ground)

$15.00

Grand Total

$364.99

Warranty or Repair - Palmetto State Armory does not do warranty or repair defective items not manufactured by Palmetto State Armory. Please contact the manufacturer of your item for repair or exchange. For warranty and repair issues manufactured by Palmetto State Armory please e-mail us at info@palmettostatearmory.com

Return Policy – Returns are not accepted on firearms or loaded ammunition. If you have received an item that you did not order please contact us at info@palmettostatearmory.com

Order Cancellation - All requests for order cancellation must be submitted via e-mail. A 10% processing fee will be charged to all orders cancelled after payment has been processed. Payment is processed immediately upon receipt of your order payment. This charge represents the costs we incur to reprocess your transaction and to unpack and restock your order items by our sales and warehouse staff.

Amending Orders- No amendments to orders can take place once an order is placed. The only way to amend an order is to cancel the order (which incurs a 10% processing fee) and a new order can be placed.

Shipping Times - All orders for ammunition and accessories currently take 2 to 3 business days to ship. Orders for uppers are built specially for each customer please allow up to 15 business days for upper orders to ship. Firearms orders typically ship 1-2 business days after we have received a copy of the correct FFL.

Shipping Costs- For shipping costs please add the item(s) to your cart insert your state and zip code then click get ‘’GET A QUOTE’’.

Order Tracking- To track your order, log in, click on “My Account”, click on “View Order” on the right hand side of the screen, click “Shipments”, and then click on the tracking number. If the tracking number has not been added to your order then UPS or USPS has not picked up your order. Tracking information will be updated at the end of the business day after your order has been picked up by the carrier.

In Store Pickup - Order pickup is available only at the warehouse location. Orders may be picked up between 10am-5pm Monday-Friday excluding holidays. Website orders MAY NOT be picked up at the Beaufort or Fernandina Store locations. Any customer who wishes to pick up stripped lower receivers or handguns must be a current resident of South Carolina with a valid SC driver’s license or state approved ID. Long guns may be picked up by out of state non-licensees provided they do so in person and the transaction is legal in both the transferee and transferor’s state.

Website Terms – We do our best to accurately describe the items we sell, but errors do occur. Prices are subject to change at any time. Palmetto State Armory reserves the right to edit, change or clarify descriptions at any time to correct errors in product listings. Please be aware that items that are incorrectly listed and subsequently ordered may be cancelled at our discretion. In the event of a conflict in the description of an item we reserve the right to remove the conflicting information once notified. We make no warranty on the accuracy of a product listing when a conflict in the product information is present. Photos shown are not of the actual item being shipped. Photos are provided for general identification purposes only and may show optional or additional pieces for illustration purposes that are not included, please refer to the product description for details. PSA is not responsible for website performance in any particular browser or the inability for a user to use the website due to, but not limited to, internet connection issues, outages, coding issues, or compatibility.

Insurance - Palmetto State Armory is not responsible for lost, stolen, or missing packages that are a result of the shipping process. Insurance is not included in our regular shipping cost. If you would like to insure your package, please follow the instructions during checkout.

Magazines - We abide by all state, federal and local laws regarding magazines. If you are law enforcement in CA, MD, MA, NJ, MD or NY, you must call your order in.

Ammunition Ordering Restrictions:

1. You agree and accept all policies described in our Terms of Use.
2. You are at least 21 years of age (for handgun ammunition) or 18 years of age (for rifle ammunition).
3. By purchasing ammunition, you are not violating any local, state, or federal laws.
4. You have not been convicted of any felony, a misdemeanor of domestic abuse, and you are not chemically dependant.
5. You have no legal restraint that would prohibit you from possessing, ordering, owning, or transferring ammunition.
6. You have never been committed to any mental institution, or been adjudicated as mentally defective.
7. You will not sell ammunition to any minor.
8. You do not live in a state, city, or county that prohibits you from owning, purchasing, or transferring ammunition. The following is a list of areas where we will not ship ammunition to. This is not a comprehensive list, but is meant as a guide. It is in no way meant to include all laws and restrictions across the United States. Please contact the authorities in your area for any possible restrictions. If you do live in a restricted area, your order will be canceled.

California: The cities of Los Angeles, Oakland and San Francisco.
Alaska: No Sales. Must be shipped to a freight forwarder.
Hawaii: No sales. Must be shipped to a freight forwarder.
Illinois: The city of Chicago. All Illinois residents must fax us a copy of their FOID card in addition to their State ID.
Massachusetts: No sales
Maryland: City of Annapolis and Montgomery County
New York: City of New York, or its five Burroughs
Washington DC: No sales.
New Jersey: When ordering ammunition commonly used in a handgun/to be used in a handgun, we need a copy of your Firearms ID.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:15 AM

I ordered from Palmetto, had an item missing from my order and was specifically told my gun would arrive in a hard case but it arrived in a cardboard box. After repeatedly inquiring, nobody on the phone has any info and nobody responds to my e-mails. Kind of a bummer.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:45 AM

If the order has not been shipped, they cannot charge you a restocking fee.
You have 60 days to dispute the charge.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS94901 View Post
I ordered from Palmetto, had an item missing from my order and was specifically told my gun would arrive in a hard case but it arrived in a cardboard box. After repeatedly inquiring, nobody on the phone has any info and nobody responds to my e-mails. Kind of a bummer.
If you can PM me with your online order number I can look into this for you.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:48 PM

Buyers mistake, It said it didn't come with a BCG or charging handle in the title for the item.

It's not bad customer service that they chose not to pay for your mistake. Next time pay attention to what you're buying as it was marked clear as day.