Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 11-23-2012, 6:52 PM

Default POF P308 ejection problems

I'm not in California but this is one of the most knowledgable forums on the net regarding guns...

Anyways this thread details my exact problems:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=449935

I'm not really happy the most expensive weapon I own is incredibly unreliable and does not function.
Old 11-23-2012, 8:43 PM

I own a pof 415.
Have u tried calling pof?
Maybe a bad extractor.
How long had u had it?
Old 11-23-2012, 9:52 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleguy View Post
I'm not in California but this is one of the most knowledgable forums on the net regarding guns...

Anyways this thread details my exact problems:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=449935

I'm not really happy the most expensive weapon I own is incredibly unreliable and does not function.
what kind of ammo,?did you by the upper and lower seperate or put together yourself.?etc.?The exact problems,all the time ,etc.What mags are you using.?
Old 11-23-2012, 10:15 PM

Are you saying the spent casing does not fully eject and sticks out of ejection port while the bolt is trying to feed the next round? (Hence the term stove pipe bc it looks like a stove pipe)
Old 11-24-2012, 6:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvfreakarms View Post
I own a pof 415.
Have u tried calling pof?
Maybe a bad extractor.
How long had u had it?
I sent an email to POF's technical and sales department. I've had the gun for less than a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychinaman View Post
what kind of ammo,?did you by the upper and lower seperate or put together yourself.?etc.?The exact problems,all the time ,etc.What mags are you using.?
I ran two types of 7.62 ball ammo and .308 winchester by Underwood ammo that I use for my remington 700. It was a full gun when I bought it. It's every 3-4 rounds and it's a double feed consisting of the spent casing and the next round. It destroys the brass. I'm using PMAG's and I also have a steel mag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 264Grendel View Post
Are you saying the spent casing does not fully eject and sticks out of ejection port while the bolt is trying to feed the next round? (Hence the term stove pipe bc it looks like a stove pipe)
Sometimes the case gets stuck in backwards completely inside the receiver but yes it is "stove piping" requiring me to drop the mag, Pull the charging handle, freeing up the fed round as well as the casing, relocking to rear, inserting mag, fire off 3-4 rounds, same thing again.

Last edited by rifleguy; 11-24-2012 at 6:42 AM..
Old 11-24-2012, 8:39 AM

Ejector spring is my guess or maybe a broken extractor
Old 11-25-2012, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleguy View Post
I sent an email to POF's technical and sales department. I've had the gun for less than a month.

I ran two types of 7.62 ball ammo and .308 winchester by Underwood ammo that I use for my remington 700. It was a full gun when I bought it. It's every 3-4 rounds and it's a double feed consisting of the spent casing and the next round. It destroys the brass. I'm using PMAG's and I also have a steel mag.

Sometimes the case gets stuck in backwards completely inside the receiver but yes it is "stove piping" requiring me to drop the mag, Pull the charging handle, freeing up the fed round as well as the casing, relocking to rear, inserting mag, fire off 3-4 rounds, same thing again.
Try slowing down the bcg more. I've had these issues in my 9mm ar pistol and my Grendel. My grendel was using an ace rifle stock and my 9mm ar pistol was already using a 9mm buffer. I decided to add xtra power buffer springs from wolff and now they both eject spent casings flawlessly. No more stove pipes or fte's. Give that a try. They are not that expensive.
Old 11-25-2012, 3:15 PM

The P308 is a $2500 gun (give or take) so it should work out of the box. No nonsense.

Having said that, you could try one of Clint's buffer/spring combinations:

http://www.heavybuffers.com/ar10carbine
Old 11-25-2012, 3:30 PM

i had the same problem switched ammo and have not jammed sence 400 rounds later " ammo picky mine was"
Old 11-25-2012, 3:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltstop View Post
The P308 is a $2500 gun (give or take) so it should work out of the box. No nonsense.
exactamundo.

I dont get this company at all. They are oft held in high regard by many, yet Im always reading about issues with them when new. Their reputation does not seem to jive with reality or their price point.

Numerous suggestions mentioned already, and Im sure this should be an easy fix, but once again should not be an issue for a factory gun, esp a new/expensive one! With that said again, I would def call POF.

disclaimer:
everything I post is for arguendo and entertainment purposes only, and should not be construed to be legal advice
Old 12-01-2012, 11:07 PM

Rifleguy,

I posted some of the same problems on the thread you have the link to. My problem turned out to be that my upper was cycling too fast. After tinkering with it I finally broke down and emailed POF with a picture attached of what was happening. I was contacted the next morning by Cody DeSomma, and POF paid for shipping both ways. It spent 2 days there and it came back Saturday of the same week in a POF hard case. Not bad CS if you ask me.

I agree that an expensive rifle like our POFs should run EVERYTIME, but they are machines and machines do have some problems. Let POF take care of it and hopefully you will have the same type of experience I had. By the way NO problems since its return from POF
Old 12-09-2012, 6:55 PM

Rifleguy,
Any news????
Old 12-09-2012, 6:55 PM

Rifleguy,
Any news????
Old 12-29-2012, 12:18 PM

I sent her in and got her back two days ago. It was cycling to quickly as the issue. DeSomma said he replaced the piston components. I took her out today and ran 100 rounds through her flawlessly (the first mag I just dumped).

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-31-2012, 8:50 PM

Glad to hear it works. That was the same problem I was having. Good to hear it was fixed by POF.
Old 12-31-2012, 8:51 PM

Glad to hear POF fixed it for you. That was the exact same problem I had.