Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 12-05-2012, 6:12 PM

Default Problems with savage FCC-k

The bolt will not extract the brass. I'm checking my reloads to see its ready for the full length sizer and they won't pull out. Extractor?
Old 12-05-2012, 6:23 PM

Call Savage customer service , they will help you.Savage good people
Old 12-05-2012, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfamous View Post
The bolt will not extract the brass. I'm checking my reloads to see its ready for the full length sizer and they won't pull out. Extractor?
did you fire your reloads? or just run them through? did you overload and get high pressure signs? you could have broken your extractor or spring if you used high pressure loads. call Savage you can send your bolt into them and they may fix it at cost to you or you can get the parts and diy.

Eat the rich the poor taste like despair.

FLORIDA It's not the heat it's the stupidity.

BLACK RIFLES MATTER
Old 12-06-2012, 7:57 AM
Veteran Member

Are you just neck sizing your brass prior to reloading? I had extraction problems with my 10FP when I was just neck sizing the brass. Since then I've been sizing with the full length die and haven't had any problems. Accuracy is the same as far as I can tell. IMHO, the benefits of neck sizing only are outweighed by the reliability problems that are often associated.
Old 12-06-2012, 8:22 AM
Calguns Addict

My FCP-K chamber was much tighter than my .308 case gauge.

Does the gun extract factory ammo? Fired and unfired?
Do unfired reloads extract smoothly?
Old 12-06-2012, 8:45 AM
Banned

did you stuff a bullet into the lands?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member

Savages have an accidental advantage to their design; Parts fail before the entire gun does.

The extractor is 3 pieces: extractor-spring-detent ball.

It's simple to take apart and put back together. Double check the spring is not kinked or stuck. The ball is actually there. The extractor is tracking in its slot.

I have found that a few passes of both flat sides of the extractor across some fine emery cloth, goes a long way to smooth the tracking in the bolt slot and eliminate any machining burrs. Finish with a tiny bit of lube in the spring hole.
"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."......Cicero