Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 03-29-2012, 9:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Stoeger 2000 Compatibility List

Post up here if you have parts/accessories that you know from first hand experience to work on the Stoeger 2000.

Here are my first 2:

Speed Bold Handle

Nordic Components Stoeger 2000 Magazine Extension

Both the speed bolt handle and the longer tube fit fine and installed perfectly. I really like that new bolt handle 10:1 over the stock one.

Old 03-30-2012, 6:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Does the mag extension seem flimsy to you? Did it come with a clamp or just the spring and the mag extension. I am getting ready to order one but I heard the walls are a little thinner. i was gonna get the flatland forge one but the guy no longer makes them.
I heard the beretta Extrema II extensions are supposed to fit the stoeger threads. i was gonna order one but I wanna hear how the NC one you got is working out
i bought a extra 28 inch cammo pattern barrel I am gonna cut down to 20 inch just to have a slug barrel.
Thanks
Old 03-30-2012, 7:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob454 View Post
i bought a extra 28 inch cammo pattern barrel I am gonna cut down to 20 inch just to have a slug barrel.
Thanks
FWIW, MGW has barrels...

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/...toeger-barrels

And in particular:

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/...-barrels/33504

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/...-barrels/38006

-- Michael
Old 03-30-2012, 9:20 PM
I need a LIFE!!

yeah those are pretty good prices but i paid 100$ for this one shipped to my house so it would be sort of senseless for me to go and buy another one and pay more when i can just cut it down and then file down the tip of the barrel. i cut down a Mossberg 28 inch barrel and i have had no problems with it.
Old 03-31-2012, 5:56 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob454 View Post
Does the mag extension seem flimsy to you? Did it come with a clamp or just the spring and the mag extension. I am getting ready to order one but I heard the walls are a little thinner. i was gonna get the flatland forge one but the guy no longer makes them.
I heard the beretta Extrema II extensions are supposed to fit the stoeger threads. i was gonna order one but I wanna hear how the NC one you got is working out
Thanks
The tube is fairly light, but it seems durable enough. There was no barrel clamp included, but I ordered one for it at the same time for like $9. I found that the factory tube has a small nipple in it that prevents the follower from going any further until it is ground off.

I have read that extra weight can seriously effect the semi-auto operation of this platform. Perhaps that is why they are making them as light as possible, but I don't know for sure.

Old 03-31-2012, 6:55 PM

Stoeger is imported, right? I don't want to rain on anybody's parade (especially since I'm in the same boat - I just bought a Russian made tube fed semi auto 12 gauge myself), but has anybody come to a definitive conclusion about 922r and how it applies to modifying semi auto shotguns imported in a "sporting" configuration?

I had intended to put a +3 tube on my MP-153, but have been told that it would amount to "assembling" a semi auto shotgun in a "non sporting configuration", using more than 10 imported parts from some seemingly arbitrary list the ATF provides. Builders of AK parts kits negate this by throwing away perfectly good parts and replacing them with US made parts purely for compliance, but there's the question I have right there.

- If you build a set of imported parts into a complete rifle, you're the builder if it's low volume, personal use or the "manufacturer" if you're an FFL07 and building for commercial sales. Surely 922r applies here, and was probably written just for this.

- What if the importer of the gun is an FFL07? Does that change anything

- What if you add a magazine tube extension to increase the capacity from 5+1 to more, on a gun already imported and owned? Are you assembling a combination of foreign parts in a non sporting configuration?

- The Benelli guys probably deal with this (Think Tom Knapp - he shoots a Benelli with a huge mag extension: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpv0yZC3iMM)

Anyways, sorry for the threadjack, but was wondering if anybody has answers to this!
Old 03-31-2012, 6:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Let me know how the extension works out. I would like to hear a real world experience
Thanks
Old 03-31-2012, 7:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Shot View Post
Stoeger is imported, right? I don't want to rain on anybody's parade (especially since I'm in the same boat - I just bought a Russian made tube fed semi auto 12 gauge myself), but has anybody come to a definitive conclusion about 922r and how it applies to modifying semi auto shotguns imported in a "sporting" configuration?

I had intended to put a +3 tube on my MP-153, but have been told that it would amount to "assembling" a semi auto shotgun in a "non sporting configuration", using more than 10 imported parts from some seemingly arbitrary list the ATF provides. Builders of AK parts kits negate this by throwing away perfectly good parts and replacing them with US made parts purely for compliance, but there's the question I have right there.

- If you build a set of imported parts into a complete rifle, you're the builder if it's low volume, personal use or the "manufacturer" if you're an FFL07 and building for commercial sales. Surely 922r applies here, and was probably written just for this.

- What if the importer of the gun is an FFL07? Does that change anything

- What if you add a magazine tube extension to increase the capacity from 5+1 to more, on a gun already imported and owned? Are you assembling a combination of foreign parts in a non sporting configuration?

- The Benelli guys probably deal with this (Think Tom Knapp - he shoots a Benelli with a huge mag extension: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpv0yZC3iMM)

Anyways, sorry for the threadjack, but was wondering if anybody has answers to this!
Quote:
"...It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes ..."
I am not putting on an imported part. Even if I was, the shotgun would no longer be "...identical..."

YMMV as IANAL...but I am not worried about it.

Old 03-31-2012, 7:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Heck, Benelli offers a competition gun w/extension from their custom shop...

http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/b...nse-models.php

Quote:
https://www.google.com/search?&q=922...te:calguns.net

Short form: yes, you need to play the part count game. Or you can follow Benelli's lead and use a +1 extension, giving you a legal 5-shot mag.

-- Michael
Old 11-18-2012, 6:49 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Anything new? Whatch got?