Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 11-20-2012, 6:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Burris Fullfield II 3-9x50

Just looking through black friday ads and saw Sportsman's has the Burris Fullfield II 3-9x50 for $149 on Friday. Not a doorbuster deal as it seems to normally be in the $200 range , but I wanted to see if anyone had experience with it.

I would mount it on a RRA Predator Pursuit flat top upper and use it as a coyote/varmint gun. Not looking to spend a lot on a scope for this setup as it is just for fun.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Vendor/Retailer

I have the FF II 3-9x40 on my Savage 116 right now. It a nice scope. Decent glass for the price. The turrets are finger adjustable with audible/solid clicks. The feature I like most is the power ring. It is the entire ocular, like an NXS, so its easy to turn. The only down side is when you have a flip cap cover installed...

Chase B.

OpticsPlanet
http://www.opticsplanet.com
Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
Send us a private message if we can be of help!
Old 11-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Turns out is a Fulfield E1 3-9X50 200330. The only downside is when I got home I noticed the label said surface imperfections. Not sure exactly what that means it will look like.

Before I open it I am going to stop by the store and talk to the manager about trading for one that is not noted as having imperfections. I know it will get scratched up, but I like things to be right when I buy them and the ad didn't state they had surface imperfections. Honestly, based on that conversation I will decide if I am going to keep it or not.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

an E1 for $149 is an outstanding price. Much better than the FFII...

you might want to look for whatever "imperfections" it has and reconsider exchanging it - even with an imperfection, it's a better scope than the FFII.

If they will give you a new E1 for the same price that's even better - but at that price, I doubt they will.

------------------------------
Moving Sale: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1205319
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1205320 more coming soon
Old 11-24-2012, 6:19 AM
Cattle Thieves Pro Staff

I have two of the FF II's. Great scopes for the money as I've placed on on my 20" heavy barreled AR and have the other in the safe where it will be mounted on my .338 win mag. If it's surface marks keep the scope. You won't feel as bad when you scuff the scope anyways. Like optics said the only downside is flip up caps which unless you hunt you don't really need to worry about.
Old 11-24-2012, 6:43 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
an E1 for $149 is an outstanding price. Much better than the FFII...

you might want to look for whatever "imperfections" it has and reconsider exchanging it - even with an imperfection, it's a better scope than the FFII.

If they will give you a new E1 for the same price that's even better - but at that price, I doubt they will.
I spoke with the manager of the local store and he investigated and was surprised to see the surface imperfection tag as it is not mentioned in the ad anywhere. He said I could open it and still return it if I wanted to. The glass is much clearer and brighter than my other scope. I could only find a slight change in the color of the black on one area of the scope. I'll keep it. It is likely going on a RRA predator pursuit as a coyote/varmint gun. I do need to get a base for it. Probably going to go with a Burris PEPR mount.
Old 11-24-2012, 9:36 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimid8tor View Post
I spoke with the manager of the local store and he investigated and was surprised to see the surface imperfection tag as it is not mentioned in the ad anywhere. He said I could open it and still return it if I wanted to. The glass is much clearer and brighter than my other scope. I could only find a slight change in the color of the black on one area of the scope. I'll keep it. It is likely going on a RRA predator pursuit as a coyote/varmint gun. I do need to get a base for it. Probably going to go with a Burris PEPR mount.
good choice - I use a PEPR QD with my E1 too

------------------------------
Moving Sale: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1205319
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1205320 more coming soon