Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 12-15-2012, 2:39 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
There are laws defining how you can stop a threat to your life and I am sure in a SHTF event the law will still stand.
^^There you have it.

Disasters are localized so keep your perspective folks. Other people who were not impacted will be judging your actions.

Here I am.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:55 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backcountry View Post
Warning shots are for people with poor training. Shoot to stop or don't shoot.
This. Don't pull the trigger unless you have judged that it would be better to be in jail and alive than to be dead. If you pull the trigger you own that round: put it where it will stop an immediate threat to you and yours only.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds

"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."- Ernest Hemingway
Old 12-20-2012, 11:47 PM

I will do whatever I have to to defend myself and my family. They are my primary concern. I don't do warning shots. If you look threatening and you are on my property, you will be shot. Bottom line!
Old 12-21-2012, 12:26 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIFVet03 View Post
I will do whatever I have to to defend myself and my family. They are my primary concern. I don't do warning shots. If you look threatening and you are on my property, you will be shot. Bottom line!
Amen.....
Old 12-27-2012, 5:06 PM

This happened a few years ago. A fellow saw someone breaking and stealing his truck in Sac, CA. The fellow was armed and shot the person making off with his landscaping truck and tools. Of course he was arested. BUT, was let go.
The big fight was, "Does the owner have the right to defend his property?"
Then the story stoped.... dead.
The results, as I understood, Was that the owner of the truck was protecting his Livelyhood (did I spell it right?) and not property.
Does anyone remember this on KFBK News radio?

On other note, My Uncle was a Superior Court Judge in Butte County (Judge L.B.V.)
And he told me, that someone comes into your house, and threatens you, you do have the right to shoot him. BUT make sure he is dead, and inside your house. It will be your word not the dead man's.

As for me, Killing someone is something I DO NOT WANT TO DO.

If I fired a shot... ANYWHERE, Everyone in ear shot will know that you are there and have somthing to hide. Food, Water, Sexy female and guns.

I would rather have someone think the place was already robbed and looted than going up a mod of hungery people.

Just my thoughts
Old 01-02-2013, 3:32 AM

^^^
Gotta protect the sexy females. They can have everything else. Lol!
Old 01-02-2013, 4:51 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwood562 View Post
good reading here. even though we in Ca do not have castle doctrine we do have castle law.

"California (California Penal Code 198.5 sets forth that unlawful, forcible entry into one's residence by someone not a member of the household creates the presumption that the resident held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily injury should he or she use deadly force against the intruder. This would make the homicide justifiable under CPC 197[1]. CALCRIM 506 gives the instruction, "A defendant is not required to retreat. He or she is entitled to stand his or her ground and defend himself or herself and, if reasonably necessary, to pursue an assailant until the danger ... has passed. This is so even if safety could have been achieved by retreating." However, it also states that "[People v. Ceballos] specifically held that burglaries which 'do not reasonably create a fear of great bodily harm' are not sufficient 'cause for exaction of human life.'”)"...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine
Old 01-02-2013, 6:09 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
Sooo.... yes you can and then you can't lol
Old 01-02-2013, 6:09 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb58 View Post
These will always be possibilities and that's the line we cross when the trigger is pulled. I can see that if someone in a home shoots someone (for whatever reason) several things could happen:
1. If it's a loner and no one saw you, it'll be on your conscience the rest of your life.
If it's a group:
1. The rest might run off and are never heard from again.
2. Relatives of the one killed return later and burn you out.
3. Relatives of the one killed later file charges against you.
4. They wait until you stick your head out - which you'll have to do eventually - shoot you, and take all your stuff.

Bottom line, it's one thing to be up against a loner, and something else entirely to be up against a group.

I'm not sure why you're asking; all are possible and no one can ever tell you that any one of these can or cannot happen.
How big is the group? jk
Old 01-02-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel-tec-innovations View Post
How big is the group? jk
I'd say anything greater than two... if you manage to shot one you've either scared the others off or are now outnumbered by pissed-off people.
Old 01-05-2013, 9:15 AM

Cliche but I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. There are so many scenarios and variables that you can never be 100 % sure. One thing I do know is that in '92, once the shop owners started brandishing, and yeah some fired shots, the mobs moved on to easier pickings.
Old 01-20-2013, 7:37 PM

Okay I spent all of 2012 as a Security contractor in Southren AFG. Sometime Warning shots were fired. We used AK-47, 9mm,Saiga-12/Vepr-12's.The shotgun's were used for Labor Disputes and secondary weapons.We would use the shotguns for warning shots when our Client would forget to pay the 600+ LN(LOCAL NATIONAL) workers for 3 months. Warning shots are for crowd control.IF IF in a SHTF you are presented with a TRUE Threat to you,famliy,or group I would shoot and shoot to kill.A warning shot would be no good if the badguy(s) threatens you,your family,group with weapons.Hopefully you are never put in that postion.It is a hard thing to draw down and shoot another human being.Really hard when then are shooting at you.It gets easier with time but the first is always hard/scary/stressful.