Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 11-14-2012, 7:27 PM
misanthrope
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal-shooter View Post
Calguns code word

Ghetto = non white
There a ton of ghetto white people, so you can stow that b.s. now. And yes, I see all types of people driving former LE vehicles. A friend of mine had one in high school. We cruised that turd everywhere.

Sidenote - I would personally never buy a used LE vehicle of any type, especially patrol vehicles. When I was in law enforcement, I drove the piss out of the patrol cars I was assigned. I never crashed while on patrol, but I had to get towed a couple of times due to driving them into the dirt. I worked hard and drove hard.

Last edited by epilepticninja; 11-17-2012 at 10:04 PM..
Old 11-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Honestly, I think they are not bad looking cars and the fact that they are almost bulletproof and can run past 200k miles without much maintenance is a great selling factor for anyone in the market for cheap transportation.

Besides, the recognition factor in the car is a lot of fun when people move out of your way or scatter like roaches when you come around the corner. I had an older plain CVPI as my commuter because it was familiar and cheap and I don't care getting it all dinged up because it wasn't going to lower its value any. I lent it to my friend and he said it was the most fun he ever had cruising around doing nothing in particular but watching people's reactions.

You can easily get low to mid 20mpg in this big V8 car and the ride is plush so what else can you ask for?
HOW?

The BEST I get is about 16 mpg and mostly on the freeway. OH, if I drop my speed down from about 65-70 to 55-60 I can get about 17-18 mpg.
Is mine broke? If I get a job down south I am gonna get a Dart or something with better mileage for a commuter car.

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

Author of the NY Times Best Selling book: How to Cheat and Win Like a Pro at Solitaire
Old 11-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Veteran Member

I thought I was bad because I read on CVPI.net and CrownVic.com that people can get up to the mid twenties sometimes.
Old 11-16-2012, 6:42 PM

in my 03 i can get round about 380 miles out of a tank (17 gal) so that is about 20-22 miles
Old 11-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Honestly, I think they are not bad looking cars and the fact that they are almost bulletproof and can run past 200k miles without much maintenance is a great selling factor for anyone in the market for cheap transportation.

Besides, the recognition factor in the car is a lot of fun when people move out of your way or scatter like roaches when you come around the corner. I had an older plain CVPI as my commuter because it was familiar and cheap and I don't care getting it all dinged up because it wasn't going to lower its value any. I lent it to my friend and he said it was the most fun he ever had cruising around doing nothing in particular but watching people's reactions.

You can easily get low to mid 20mpg in this big V8 car and the ride is plush so what else can you ask for?
I think before buying one you should consider where it served. Rural, lots of highway/open road, fine. Urban districts or agencies, no way. Get the bejesus beat out of them. Train K9's so have done a lot of miles in them and in an urban enviroment they get rode hard.
Personally, I wouldn't get one because it seems most who do are wannabe cops or "ghetto" (overwhelmingly white btw)
Old 11-17-2012, 12:27 AM

I rock one for 10 hours a day and I'm straight hood yo!
Old 11-17-2012, 12:43 AM
Banned

Tagged
Old 11-17-2012, 4:41 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhlan1 View Post
I think before buying one you should consider where it served. Rural, lots of highway/open road, fine. Urban districts or agencies, no way. Get the bejesus beat out of them. Train K9's so have done a lot of miles in them and in an urban enviroment they get rode hard.
Personally, I wouldn't get one because it seems most who do are wannabe cops or "ghetto" (overwhelmingly white btw)
Trust me, I have done my share of beating on these cars in urban environments. The only ones I would buy are the supervisor cars, preferably from non-police agencies. The non-sworn city and county people have these as staff cars and parole/probation has these as transport cars.

Those are all non-patrol usage and I would be fine with that as long as it checks out otherwise.
Old 11-17-2012, 6:17 AM

When I use to live in North Hollywood old Crown Vics were the norm. When they are tuned right they ride pretty smooth and are easy to drive. I'm 6'5" so I always appreciated the leg room up front. Always use to see them in the Van Nuys auction papers. Funny back then my friends and I use to joke, if you had one of those things you either came up on a nice ride, were a cop or the local neighborhood bully. A lot of gang members can fit in one of those things (0__0!). For what it's worth I know quite a few white girls who are as ghetto as the day is long. Living in the ghetto and acting ghetto...two very different things.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

Old 11-20-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous1979 View Post
Ghettos love these because they're sold cheap at auction and they're familiar with riding in them.....granted mostly in the backseat!
Hahaha gotta go with what ya know

- Rush Limbaugh
Old 11-21-2012, 6:36 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_530 View Post
Hahaha gotta go with what ya know
Wonder if they have to grab their cousin who works as a security to drive while they sit in the back so they don't feel too weird in the car.
Old 11-21-2012, 9:32 AM

so racist!

/sarcasm
Old 11-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member

Just saw one today at the JC i go to lol
Old 11-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member

Saw a lot on the road lately. I miss having one. Might just have to buy another one soon.
Old 11-22-2012, 1:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I dont have a vic, but i drive a 94 caprice

The 9c1 is an AWESOME car,

Fast, powerful, handles great, tons of room, and you can get low 20's for fuel economy...

Plus they are cheap and pretty much indestructible

Its a helluva value
Old 11-22-2012, 5:25 PM
CGN Contributor

My P74, Civvy sport luxury model with true duel exhaust and console shift gets 24 hwy.

Here I am.

WTB VW Dune Buggy, the metal flake fiberglass kind from the 60's
Old 11-23-2012, 6:39 AM
Calguns Addict

I want to get one for a winter beater to keep the mustang off the roads but probably would t due to other priorities. They are good cars.
Old 11-23-2012, 6:52 AM

your full of it, go to one of the auctions where they sell them, MOST of the people buying them are GHETTO.

black, white, mexican, doesnt matter, they look, talk, dress and act a certain way and that way is defined as ghetto, the gangsta rap, *****es & ho's, ignorant lifestyle type of people.

i was going to george porter auctions off the 405 in torrance every auction day for 3 months looking to score a deal for my brother and the vast majority of the ex police cruisers were going to ghetto people.

[QUOTE=Atlantaboi2012;9703266]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeruh View Post
Ever since the State Auctions a few years back. I have seen more and more "ghetto" looking people driving the ex-police cruisers.

I was just reading an article last nite about terms racist folks use to underscore their bigotry by using the term 'ghetto' to describe certain minorities (Black and Latino specifically). I guess you would be one of them. Here is a GHETTo fact...Most of the people you see driving those cars are MILITARY. Most of those military folks are from the SOUTH;i.e Texas, GA, Alabama etc... AMERICAN made cars are popular among EVERYONE there of all ages, especially Fords and Chevys. Where are the comments about ridiculously lifted trucks with turbo chargers driven by "redneckish" lookin people? Are you assuming ALL these people are ghetto who drive these cars or did you ever think that many of these people like myself who own such cars could be successful people with better credit than the "non-ghetto" looking people? What is your definition of ghetto? Last time I checked it was a word to describe a Jewish borough during the Great Depression era in New York... Its stereotypes and attitudes such as these that cause the rest of the world to hate us. We must stop the "if its different, its wrong" thought processes.

WTB: 28"+ VersaMax or 28"+ 930 barrel
WTB: Stoeger Condor Competition Combo (I'll trade 1911's or other handguns)

Free rides with Lyft

Starline Brass for Sale
Old 11-23-2012, 7:00 AM

around military bases are the worst. Every post Ive been stationed at has a retarded amount of Crown Vics lifted higher than my truck with like 30" rims and crazy color paint haha.
Old 11-23-2012, 7:13 AM
#BlackLabsMatter
CGN Contributor

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........

Hear iz muh motha Crown Vic sitin' on uh set of 24's an' it ain't getto wif muh ridin longsides me and .

Last edited by retired; 11-23-2012 at 12:02 PM..
Old 11-23-2012, 8:44 AM

It's just race baiters and trolls "offended" by the word ghetto. Look at V-Nasty and White Girl Mob, they're all ghetto. All white too
Old 11-23-2012, 8:48 AM
Veteran Member

There is a whole generation or two of people who are proud, loudly proud, of their ghetto-ness and race got nothing to do with it. It's all thanks to reality TV and rap videos which show that ghetto is a proud way of life.
Old 11-23-2012, 8:56 AM

Old 11-23-2012, 9:05 AM

Quote:
There is a whole generation or two of people who are proud, loudly proud, of their ghetto-ness and race got nothing to do with it. It's all thanks to reality TV and rap videos which show that ghetto is a proud way of life.
If you replace ghetto with ignorance it pretty much is the same thing now.