Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Riflegear.com
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Riflegear.com Hosted by Riflegear.com

Old 11-08-2012, 9:26 PM

Default Bulk-ship my guns to myself in CO?

Hey Riflegear, I have many fond memories of you guys (and receipts!!) from before I moved to Colorado last May.

I left behind some Long Guns with my folks because I didn't want to move with a complete arsenal. I've started 3-Gunning, and now I want those guns here with me. I know there are many different ways to send these guns to myself, such as checked-baggaging them with me on airflights (I do fly to visit my folks every 3-5 months, and I'm not really interested in driving). Flying with a pistol I can lock up in a small case is bad enough, I really don't want to do it with a long gun. Don't I need a hard-case inside another case?

Question for Riflegear: Is there anyway you could help package and ship several long guns (from 2 to 4?) to an FFL here in CO? I'd obviously pay for materials and shipping costs, but I don't think there would be FFL fees as there is technically no transfer, right? If this would work, would you also be able to do this if my dad brought the guns to the store? (so I wouldn't have to wait for the next time I'm flying out to visit). I could email ID & such.

I know that I can ship them directly to myself via USPS or UPS, but I am weighing the ups and downs and all possible avenues. I'm definitely grateful for any advice or tips! One consideration is stripping them all down to fit into a box to ship myself, but I have this idea that security wise, it'd be safer going from a gunstore to gunstore?

Thanks!!
Yellowfin: The 2A in its true intent of what it protects can be summed up in one word: parity. Self defense means self defense from ANYTHING, and parity is being on level playing field with whatever threat may be.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Anytime an FFL is providing you a service they will most likely want to charge you something, but you would have to contact the receiving FFL to find out the details. It is legal for someone to ship your guns to yourself in another state, and that would definitely be the cheapest. I don't see how an FFL shipping a gun via UPS is any safer than you shipping a UPS package to yourself. Just require signature and insure the package. If you really want us to ship them then just give us a call to discuss the details.

www.riflegear.com