Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 11-08-2012, 8:56 AM
Veteran Member

Default I'm looking forward to meeting you all in SD this Saturday

All of you SD LEOs that Ali works with, those of you who helped him when he was injured, and those of you who have offered your support and well wishes. It's been very helpful for the family. There's been such a great outpouring of support for Ali and his family, it's been great. So if you are available, please come to the bake sale on Saturday and bring your families and friends.

The bake sale will be from 12 to 3 at the Rock Church on Rosecrans. The details are in my sig.

California is the only state the NRA dedicates a full time lobbyist to. It has other employees who have accomplished all of this (and much more that oftentimes cannot be discussed publicly): ...
And they have lawyers doing all of this: ...
And here is an older report on things NRA has done in CA: ...
This is not to mention that NRA donated the maximum allowed under law to the campaign to oppose Gavin Newsom's initiative (have you donated yet?): ...

And just standby for much more in the near future that NRA and CRPA will be doing jointly.

NRA spends more money in CA than it takes in from here. Please stop spreading misinformation.
-
sbrady@Michel&Associates
Read the post with links here.
Old 11-08-2012, 9:01 AM

Is there any kind of foundation or account set up to give donations? I work for LASD and I am interested in donating to him and his family. When one of my fellow deputies was shot in the face and had to undergo numerous surgeries, SDPD and SDSD both sent donations up to us when we did a fund raiser. I would like to return the favor.

"If you expect logic associated with California law, it will only make your head hurt.." - Ron-Solo, 2013
Old 11-08-2012, 9:41 AM
Veteran Member

Absolutely! The Deputy Sheriffs’ Association has set up an account for his family through San Diego County Credit Union, under “Detective Ali Perez Support Fund.” You can call the DSA Office at (858) 486-9009 x 100 to make a donation with a credit card.

How is your fellow deputy doing now? Has he/she fully recovered?

California is the only state the NRA dedicates a full time lobbyist to. It has other employees who have accomplished all of this (and much more that oftentimes cannot be discussed publicly): ...
This is not to mention that NRA donated the maximum allowed under law to the campaign to oppose Gavin Newsom's initiative (have you donated yet?): ...

And just standby for much more in the near future that NRA and CRPA will be doing jointly.

NRA spends more money in CA than it takes in from here. Please stop spreading misinformation.
-
sbrady@Michel&Associates
Old 11-08-2012, 9:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotetu View Post
Absolutely! The Deputy Sheriffs’ Association has set up an account for his family through San Diego County Credit Union, under “Detective Ali Perez Support Fund.” You can call the DSA Office at (858) 486-9009 x 100 to make a donation with a credit card.

How is your fellow deputy doing now? Has he/she fully recovered?
Thanks for the info! I will get on that.

As far as my fellow deputy goes.....

His name is Deputy Mohamed "Mo" Ahmed. His family were Somalian immigrants. Mo was a patrol trainee at the time of the shooting. He and his training officer saw a gang banger on a bike that was wanted for a robbery. When they made contact with him, the gangster jumped off his bike and fired several rounds, striking Mo in the face. Mo's training officer returned fire and killed the suspect. Mo had several reconstructive surgeries to fix his jaw, rebuild his sinus, and to prevent him from losing an eyeball. He is completely blind in one eye, but has made a remarkable recovery. Unfortunately, he can no longer work patrol.

It was a sad story because his father had recently passed away before the shooting and he was supporting his mother and several siblings mostly by himself.

As most LEO's know, bike stops are incredibly dangerous.

He is lucky to be alive.

Early news reports said the guy was in a car, but it is my understanding that the guy was on a bike.

"If you expect logic associated with California law, it will only make your head hurt.." - Ron-Solo, 2013

Last edited by Armed24-7; 11-08-2012 at 10:05 AM..
Old 11-08-2012, 1:28 PM
Veteran Member

Great, thanks!

Sorry to hear about Deputy Ahmed, I hope he succeeds in supporting his family.

-
sbrady@Michel&Associates
Old 11-08-2012, 2:16 PM

Kotetu:
I spoke with your brother. All is set in place, see you on Sat.
Old 11-09-2012, 5:24 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks Fredo, looking forward to meeting you.

-
sbrady@Michel&Associates