Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training. > Training Class Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Class Announcements Announce and/or Advertise your training classes here.

Old 11-06-2012, 1:11 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Default WOTG Frank Proctor 1-Day Advanced Carbine/Pistol - Dec 22, 2012

By special request, Frank Proctor is coming back to SoCal! Please see the enrollment contact to sign up for this intense and dynamic class!

COURSE INFORMATION
PRICING: 1 Day Course $250($200+ $50 range fee) per student (includes Way of the Gun T-shirt). Limited to 15 shooters. Range and target materials are provided.
HOSTED BY: Valor Resource Group
DATE: Saturday , December 22, 2012. Time : 0700-1700
TO ENROLL: Email contact: David AT vrgconsulting.us

ADVANCED CARBINE AND PISTOL OPERATOR
The course will include a warm up/ refresher on fundamentals of practical marksmanship and move into transition techniques and
manipulating both weapons during dynamic shooting and moving scenarios.
To attend this course you must meet any of the following criteria:
1. Have attended a WOTG carbine and pistol course (or course from a reputable trainer)
2. LE or MIL, USPSA C class or above, IDPA Marksman or above.

WHAT TO BRING
Serviceable and Zeroed Carbine and Service Pistol
4 30-round Carbine magazines / 4 Pistol magazines
Rifle Magazine Pouches (a chest rig or body armor will work). 1 belt mounted mag pouch is preferable. A dump pouch will be handy.
2 Belt mounted pistol magazine pouches
Proper Gun Belt
Hearing Protection and Eye Protection
Gloves suitable for shooting
Comfortable clothing suitable for short runs, kneeling, and going prone. No Shorts!!
Food, water, and personal items as needed. We will take short breaks for water and food. We are here to TRAIN!!
700 rifle/400 pistol is the round count for this course of instruction. This may seem like a lot but I believe in getting repetitions in order to enforce the techniques being taught. It is better to have extra in case we get a chance to train longer.

ABOUT FRANK PROCTOR:
I have enjoyed different types of shooting and outdoor activities most of my life. I have served over 18 years in the military, the last 11 of those in US Army Special Forces. Over the last 7 years I have trained DOD personnel in Combat Marksmanship, Close Quarters Battle, Breaching and Sniper/Observer Operations in addition to deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq. During my Special Forces Career, I have had the privilege to serve with and learn from many experienced and knowledgeable Special Forces
Operators. I have used their combined years of knowledge and experience to help me become a better operator. After a couple years as an instructor for the Special Forces Advanced Urban Combat Course, I was drawn to competitive shooting in May of 2007. My passion for shooting helped me earn the rank of Grand Master in Limited division in a little over a year. I also hold a Master ranking in IDPA Stock Service Pistol. I have learned a great deal from shooting in competition, which has also helped me become a better tactical shooter. I bring my experiences as a Special Forces Operator, Competitive Shooter and Instructor to my courses. All those experiences combine to make me a well-rounded shooter and instructor capable of helping you achieve your goals of becoming a better shooter.

Last edited by SuperSet; 11-27-2012 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: Changed Location
Old 11-08-2012, 7:14 PM

Ohhhhh.... I want in again!
Old 11-08-2012, 7:32 PM

I'm in
Old 11-08-2012, 9:36 PM

damn i wanna go but this is an advanced class
Old 11-11-2012, 5:59 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Weekly update, fellas -

What a response! We are down to the last few open spots so like last time, I anticipate this filling up soon!
Many thanks to all of you who've already signed up for the class. If this is your first class with him, I think you'll find it worthwhile to see, understand and experience the inefficiencies that are keeping you from achieving your maximum potential as a shooter. I can assure you that you'll be in for an focused, intense and simultaneously personal training day.

Also, for those of you on Facebook, be sure to check Frank's page that he updates regularly on scheduling and other WOTG-related activities. Among those, you can see the prototype Proctor Carbine that he's developing with Troy Industries. He shot this same carbine this weekend at the TigerSwan 2-gun challenge, which he won!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Way-of...08207132643728

And as always, you can see more pics and videos from his courses on my YouTube channel and FB page.
Have a great week fellas!

Last edited by SuperSet; 11-11-2012 at 7:02 PM.. Reason: Added FB link
Old 11-16-2012, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSet View Post
Weekly update, fellas -

What a response! We are down to the last few open spots so like last time, I anticipate this filling up soon!
Many thanks to all of you who've already signed up for the class. If this is your first class with him, I think you'll find it worthwhile to see, understand and experience the inefficiencies that are keeping you from achieving your maximum potential as a shooter. I can assure you that you'll be in for an focused, intense and simultaneously personal training day.

Also, for those of you on Facebook, be sure to check Frank's page that he updates regularly on scheduling and other WOTG-related activities. Among those, you can see the prototype Proctor Carbine that he's developing with Troy Industries. He shot this same carbine this weekend at the TigerSwan 2-gun challenge, which he won!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Way-of...08207132643728

And as always, you can see more pics and videos from his courses on my YouTube channel and FB page.
Have a great week fellas!
I know you have enough footage for another video...do eet!
Old 11-18-2012, 11:31 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Some additional raw class footage on my channel, just for you! More to come after our December class, promise!
Old 11-21-2012, 6:15 AM

Looks like a serious training day! Hopefully my new carbine will be done since the last class really inspired me to square it away.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:29 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_77 View Post
Looks like a serious training day! Hopefully my new carbine will be done since the last class really inspired me to square it away.
Sweet, you changing your rig or going with a new one?
Old 11-21-2012, 11:24 AM

I have been running my back up gun for a while. Going to upgrade my primary AR with a slim rail and more classmate friendly break. Also like Frank's light setup over the SFX300 I run and want to try that out for the night shoot.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Cool, man. A 13" slim rail makes a big difference. And don't forget to put a WOTG sticker on your magwell. It definitely makes you shoot faster!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:43 AM

LOL!
Old 11-23-2012, 7:54 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Morning fellas!
Hope everyone is recovering from their food comas from stuffing themselves full yesterday. Speaking of full, this class is now FULL!
If you would still like to attend the course, please contact ME via PM or Emai and I will add you to the wait list. If anyone drops from the course between now and 22 Dec, I'll contact you for next steps. Plans change for folks so it's definitely worth getting on a wait list if you're interested.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Hey fellas,
I just learned this morning that I had the incorrect range location. This class is to be held at Burro Canyon and NOT Norco. Sorry for the mixup so I've corrected the original post. For those of you already signed up, you should be receiving further instructions from Dave. Thanks!
Old 12-06-2012, 9:58 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Happy December fellas -
Last minute cancellation so 1 slot is open. If you're interested, please contact Dave.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:50 AM

For those intrested, like SuperSet mentioned location has changed but there is also a night shoot added and it is going to be 0700-1900 (2hrs night shoot).
Old 12-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Oh awesome! Thx for the addition.
Old 12-16-2012, 2:31 PM
Lifetime Contributor #1
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Superset. Can not wait. See you there.

Best,

g
Old 12-17-2012, 9:30 PM

Damn! I missed it. I was following your other thread.

I tried emailing. Please let me know if there is another spot that opens up.
Old 12-18-2012, 7:13 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Hey man,
Sorry but the class is now full and closed. Frank will definitely be back in SoCal in 2013 so will advise when that happens.
Old 12-20-2012, 8:57 PM
Vendor/Retailer

I'm on Christmas vacation so unfortunately, won't be there with you guys. Hope you fellas have a safe, fun and illuminating class. See you next year!