Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 11-10-2012, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLander51 View Post
Quit asking and start tasking. You have to come out and SHOOT A MATCH to find out for yourself, otherwise what does it matter? I, nor does anybody else with real 3 gun experience care what gear, or comp, you use. You will come in last anyway...
I'll come in last right? It's too bad the match I shot was extremely shotgun heavy and I reload like a champ. Anyways, get out of my thread, thanks.

The glock 34 might be competition made but it's not competition specific. There are no features on it that would dissuade someone from using it as a fighting gun. I want to be as competitive as possible without sacrificing sensibility. I don't want a comp that will spew out a fireball. For some reason this bothers highlander51.

Last edited by jeffreyliu838; 11-10-2012 at 2:09 AM..
Old 11-30-2012, 3:52 PM

Wowie, a good thread gone bad?

Was searching for G34 info, dros'ed one a couple days ago. Joined USPSA last week. Gonna go learn things and shoot more in 2013.

That said, wondering to learn from the guys that actually know:

Re: the brake on the AR...
Would a brake also be useful for older competitor who can run featureless and run 20/30rd mags? Do the 3 gun matches in CA run both like 'open' and limited (10rd) for pistols and/or rifles re: mag capacity?

2 of our 3 AR's run brakes, so am pleased to know we are starting in the right direction.

re: G34 mods

Best to shoot the hell out of it a while, or do I really HAVE TO HAVE a DP f/o front sight and maybe something from Glocktriggers or Vanek or (TELL ME YOUR FAV TRIGGER MODS and/or AFTERMARKET KIT SUPPLIER)?

Thanks guys. Appreciate very much the sharing of knowledge here on CG from the experienced shooters.
Old 11-30-2012, 4:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmc27 View Post

Was searching for G34 info, dros'ed one a couple days ago. Joined USPSA last week. Gonna go learn things and shoot more in 2013.

Would a brake also be useful for older competitor who can run featureless and run 20/30rd mags? Do the 3 gun matches in CA run both like 'open' and limited (10rd) for pistols and/or rifles re: mag capacity?

2 of our 3 AR's run brakes, so am pleased to know we are starting in the right direction.

Best to shoot the hell out of it a while, or do I really HAVE TO HAVE a DP f/o front sight and maybe something from Glocktriggers or Vanek or (TELL ME YOUR FAV TRIGGER MODS and/or AFTERMARKET KIT SUPPLIER)?

Thanks guys. Appreciate very much the sharing of knowledge here on CG from the experienced shooters.
There are 2 kinds of 3 gun matches, USPSA MultiGun and Outlaw, like Mystery Mountain and Rocky Mountain. The rule is any gun that you run Open puts you in Open Division. I run an Open shotgun, tactical rifle and a G34, but am classified Open because of the shotgun. 3 gun matches are won by long range rifle and fast shotgun reloading.
Old 11-30-2012, 4:51 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:

Hey man,
A brake is extremely useful and I have them on my class gun too. For competition, you're going to want a brake, especially when you have targets in the 30-70y range that you need to double tap.
For pistol mag capacity, the rules are similar to USPSA Limited. For rifle, you can run a beta mag if you want! Highlander alluded to different rule sets. There is no governing body for 3-gun so local clubs just choose what they want (as it should be IMO).
I assume your location is San Diego? If yes, here is a section of the email that discusses rules for Pala:

"We use International Multi-Gun Association rules for our 3 gun match. Here is a link for Superstition Mystery Mt 3 gun rules, which are the same ones we use.

http://www.smm3gun.com/Rules/2012/IM...n%20red)-1.pdf

The few exceptions we have changed are;

Lead shot up to 00 buck is allowed at Pala 3 gun
We allow up to 00 buck to be used in all shotguns.
We do allow auto shotgun in HM limited as well as pump shotgun in HM optics.
As of now we will not abide by the “failure to do right” rule recently implemented by SMM3Gun."
Old 12-01-2012, 10:57 AM

Yes, San Diego.

Thanks for the info.

the link didn't work tho' --

I found this re Pala: http://lineadefuego.info/matches/3gun.php
Old 12-01-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:

Can't remember if G34's come with the 3.5/4.5 lbs trigger but I would say that is a must upgrade. I would get a Glock OEM minus connector (it has a minus on the back of the connector, yours probably has a dot) or a Scherer. I'd go that route first and then when you get to the point where you know it will matter go big and you'll know where to go by then.

For sights I think its really more personal preference than what is the best and it depends on the range of the targets. So I would pick up different guns and check out their sight picture before you drop a dime on sights. If you go the competition route you will probably have a chance to see many sight pictures on different guns.