Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:04 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Lt. Col. Dave Grossman & 'Bulletproof Mind for the Armed Citizen' - 4 CA CGF Events!

CGF Presents: Lt. Col. Dave Grossman's 'Bulletproof Mind for the Armed Citizen'

The Calguns Foundation and Patriot Training Resources are excited to bring you 4 in-person training opportuniities from the world-renown armed conflict psychology researcher, trainer, and author of bestsellers like On Combat: The Psychology and Physiology of Deadly Conflict in War and in Peace, Lt. Col. Dave Grossman!

Are you prepared to recognize, face down, and survive a violent criminal or terrorist attack? If you haven't been to a Bulletproof Mind event, the answer is probably "no!"

Join us at one of 4 upcoming Bulletproof Mind training events and become an Armed Citizen Sheepdog... before a wolf mistakes you and your family for defenseless sheep.

Irvine, CA - Sept. 22, 2012 - 9am to 4pm
Pasadena, CA - Oct. 27, 2012 - 9am to 4pm
San Jose, CA - Nov. 17, 2012 - 9am to 4pm
Sacramento, CA - Mar. 9, 2013 - 9am to 4pm

Registration is just $85 per attendee, $65/ea for purchases of two or more seats, and $65/ea for active carry license (LTC/CCW) holders. Lt. Col. Grossman and Patriot Training Resources will generously donate 20% of all California ticket sales to The Calguns Foundation and our ongoing efforts to advance Second Amendment rights!

For more information, visit http://calgunsfoundation.org/bulletproofmind today.

Shop42a.com program sets new record; CGF supporters net $8,434 for 2A in August!

With your continuing support, our Shop42A.com fundraising program has set a new monthly record for the month of August: $8,434 in 31 days! By simply pointing your browser to Shop42A.com to shop at Amazon, up to 15% of your purchase will go right back to advancing your rights at no additional cost to you!

CGF Store Deals!
Use discount code 'bulletproof' for 15% off all orders over $50 through 12/31 - shop the CGF Store at http://store.calgunsfoundation.org today!

Ultimate 2A Package - now $99.99 (was $154!)
1 - 2" top-quality 3D limited-edition, numbered "On-Target" Challenge Coin
1 - 1.5" top-quality 3D "On-Target" lapel pin
1 - Full-color "On-Target" t-shirt
1 - CGF license plate frame
4 - 4" round color stickers
2 - Bumper stickers
1 - Notice to Law Enforcement bag tag

ATF the CGF Way - just $79.99! (was $106!)
1 - Laser-inscribed CGF 8oz. Zippo hip flask
1 - Color CGF Zippo lighter
1 - Notice to Law Enforcement safe magnet
2 - Notice to Law Enforcement safe decals
2 - Notice to Law Enforcement bag tags

CGF On The Rocks - only $39.99 (was $56!)
2 - CGF Glass Tumblers
2 - CGF Glass Brewery Glasses
2 - CGF Shot Glasses

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 09-08-2012, 1:09 PM

I thought about going to this but changed my mind after doing some research on Mr Grossman:

* Review of his book "On Killing" on Amazon (some interesting comments on the review as well)
* The Dave Grossman Debate by Tom Aveni
Old 09-08-2012, 1:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Lt. Col. Grossman, like any public figure and academic, likely has his fair share of detractors. However, he is held in very high regard within SpecOps and LE circles; his thousands of annual seminar attendees (with numbers going up, not down) says that the value proposition and market favors his educational offerings.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 09-08-2012, 2:18 PM

No doubt that he's popular and good at marketing himself (my first thought was to go to this event). However, people should know what it is that they're buying (McDonald's is also popular but that doesn't make it gourmet food).

I shared those two links that I found so that people can do their own research and decide whether this is something they want to spend $85 on (vs. donating the full amount directly to CGF).
Old 09-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Calguns Addict

I have read both On Combat and On Killing.

I now do not let my 7 year old know that I have Halo and or other shooting video games.

His recap on the Military and how they train made an impact upon me.....

I have signed up for the Irvine course..... Are other CalGunners going to the Irvine Event?
Old 09-10-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
I have read both On Combat and On Killing.

I now do not let my 7 year old know that I have Halo and or other shooting video games.

His recap on the Military and how they train made an impact upon me.....

I have signed up for the Irvine course..... Are other CalGunners going to the Irvine Event?
im in playa del rey thinking about signing up for the irvine event
Old 09-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member

Location: Roseville area, or wherever they pay my confiscatory rates for things only I know how to do (lol)

I'll be there in Sacramento for sure.

I don't pretend to be an "authority." I'm just a guy who trains a lot, shoots a lot and has a perspective.

Check the ZombieTactics Channel on YouTube for all sorts of gun-related goodness CLICK HERE
Old 09-10-2012, 10:08 AM

Does the active LTC have to be from CA to receive the discount? I have a Nevada LTC and carry regularly when I am there.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:20 AM

Do LEO qualify for the ccw discount?
Old 09-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarFlare View Post
No doubt that he's popular and good at marketing himself (my first thought was to go to this event). However, people should know what it is that they're buying (McDonald's is also popular but that doesn't make it gourmet food).

I shared those two links that I found so that people can do their own research and decide whether this is something they want to spend $85 on (vs. donating the full amount directly to CGF).
Yup, it's something to consider.

Grossman is a well known alarmist concerning 'shooter' video games: he terms them 'murder simulators'.

Example from his website:

http://www.killology.org/article_teachkid.htm

Michael Carneal, the 14-year-old killer in the Paducah, Kentucky school shootings, had never fired a real pistol in his life. He stole a .22 pistol, fired a few practice shots, and took it to school. He fired eight shots at a high school prayer group, hitting eight kids, five of them head shots and the other three upper torso (Grossman & DeGaetana, 1999).

I train numerous elite military and law enforcement organizations around the world. When I tell them of this achievement they are stunned. Nowhere in the annals of military or law enforcement history can we find an equivalent "achievement."

Where does a 14-year-old boy who never fired a gun before get the skill and the will to kill? Video games and media violence.

Who knew that repeatedly clicking a mouse translated to 'stunning' marksmanship skills?

Caveat emptor.

-- Michael
Old 09-10-2012, 12:21 PM

I went to one of his seminars. I didn't really agree with his view of videogames, but thought there was a ton of good information in the seminar. I would definitely recommend it to anyone intrested in the subject. On Combat is also a very interesting read.

Last edited by adamsreeftank; 09-10-2012 at 12:32 PM..
Old 09-11-2012, 1:19 AM

I've been to both his LE BPM seminar, as well as his CCW BPM seminar, within the past 8 months.

Both are worth the time and money to hear him speak about the various subjects he speaks about.

To you naysayers: Don't go. That will leave more seats open for people to listen to what he has to say.

Semper Fi!

Old 09-11-2012, 1:55 AM
Veteran Member

We'll be at the Irvine Seminar
Old 09-11-2012, 6:34 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I highly recommend seeing Lt Col Grossman.

A great way to keep your mind in the fight.
"The message we’re sending is…not here, not now, we’re prepared for you. And if you seek to harm our children, we will neutralize that threat and you will most likely be killed." Fontana PD Chief Rodney Jones on the FUSD decision to have AR-15s on school campuses.

CGF Contributor
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Beretta, GLOCK, SA-Colt AR15/M16, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
Old 09-11-2012, 8:31 AM

Registered for the Sac event.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ - Go Greek. Lifetime member Kappa Kappa Bang (KKB) Fraternity
Old 09-14-2012, 9:52 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elSquid View Post
Yup, it's something to consider.

Grossman is a well known alarmist concerning 'shooter' video games: he terms them 'murder simulators'.

Example from his website:

http://www.killology.org/article_teachkid.htm

Michael Carneal, the 14-year-old killer in the Paducah, Kentucky school shootings, had never fired a real pistol in his life. He stole a .22 pistol, fired a few practice shots, and took it to school. He fired eight shots at a high school prayer group, hitting eight kids, five of them head shots and the other three upper torso (Grossman & DeGaetana, 1999).

I train numerous elite military and law enforcement organizations around the world. When I tell them of this achievement they are stunned. Nowhere in the annals of military or law enforcement history can we find an equivalent "achievement."

Where does a 14-year-old boy who never fired a gun before get the skill and the will to kill? Video games and media violence

Who knew that repeatedly clicking a mouse translated to 'stunning' marksmanship skills?

Caveat emptor.

-- Michael
Oh gaaawd. We should just start having our marines play videogames for 13 hours a day to learn marksmanship skills then, yea? Foolish stuff. That being said, I will be registering for the Sac event if it fits into my calendar.

Deer Hunting Rifles? "Let's get rid of those too" - Adam Keigwin, Chief of Staff for Senator Leland Yee
Old 09-22-2012, 5:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Did any Cangunners attend this event? How did you like it?

Last edited by HowardW56; 09-25-2012 at 2:04 PM..
Old 09-22-2012, 5:58 PM
Calguns Addict

It was well worth the time and money. A great event
Old 09-22-2012, 9:40 PM

I'm registered for Sacto event in March. Really looking forward to it!
Billy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-24-2012, 9:50 AM
IN GOD WE TRUST!
CGN Contributor

He is a MUST SEE! A+

WTS JL audio 8W7 X2, JL audio 500/1v2, Alpine Ine-940, Stinger Cap!!
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...5#post17991865
WTS SIG MPX CARBINE, SIG MPX PISTOL, NIGHTHAWK CUSTOM PREDATOR, Acog in .308!
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1186395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunt81 View Post
I'm serious.
Are you one of those .45 elitists?
Old 09-24-2012, 7:47 PM

Default Presentation Outline

First off, I went and I would recommend attending. Having said that, I was a little disappointed that there was not more detailed information. I should mention that I am a psychologist and much of what was presented wasn't new to me, although the organization and presentation was interesting.

Basically the way the presentation goes is the morning sessions are devoted to understanding the threat/risk/obstacles that would motivate someone to arm themselves. Be forewarned, all of the threats/risks/obstacles are not external (i.e., be prepared to look in the mirror).

The afternoon sessions were more focused on how to approach the idea and realities of "combat". This is where I felt there could have been more detailed information provided but I suspect I am not a typical consumer of Dave's presentations.

The real payout for me? Surprisingly my wife wanted to attend and it was her transformation that was worth every penny. We had not even left the building at the conclusion of the presentation and she was asking me about scheduling tactical training. So I give it a big thumbs up.
Old 09-24-2012, 7:51 PM

Reading his book On Combat right now due CGF recommendations... im impressed so far
Old 09-24-2012, 7:55 PM

The detail I'm looking for is probably in his books. I plan on picking up "On Killing" and "On Combat".
Old 09-25-2012, 10:04 AM

I went and thought it was a good use of my Saturday.

Ended up winning a one day firearms training with civilian arms training which I ended up donating back to the Calguns booth.

I have recommended teh Pasadena seminar to all my gun buddies.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:41 AM

I attended the recent seminar in irvine and first let me say DAMN that toll road, how the hell was i supposed to know what it was hell i didnt even know we had them in so cal. OK so the seminar, was interesting and the Col. does a very good job and keeping your attention. Through out the seminar i found myself agreeing and going along until the Col said something that i found to be not so much at odds with what i believe, but little things that kind of checked me from "drinking all of the kool-aid" if you will. I did realize that the Col. knows psychology and if your not completely mesmerized you can see how it plays out on the audience members who were just eating it up.

I must admit the Col is a very very eloquent speaker and certainly knows his crowd. Yeah, I'll admit I got a little choked up once or twice (Beslan was tough). A good seminar and for people who have been in "denial" it is a must go it will open up some eyes to how scary our world really is. But please be advised to take it all with a grain of salt like most things in life. Have an open mind, but realized it is still one man's views no matter how many books hes written.

I will be at the pasadena one since the company i work for will be sponsoring it.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn8kedoc View Post
I attended the recent seminar in irvine and first let me say DAMN that toll road, how the hell was i supposed to know what it was hell i didnt even know we had them in so cal. OK so the seminar, was interesting and the Col. does a very good job and keeping your attention. Through out the seminar i found myself agreeing and going along until the Col said something that i found to be not so much at odds with what i believe, but little things that kind of checked me from "drinking all of the kool-aid" if you will. I did realize that the Col. knows psychology and if your not completely mesmerized you can see how it plays out on the audience members who were just eating it up.

I must admit the Col is a very very eloquent speaker and certainly knows his crowd. Yeah, I'll admit I got a little choked up once or twice (Beslan was tough). A good seminar and for people who have been in "denial" it is a must go it will open up some eyes to how scary our world really is. But please be advised to take it all with a grain of salt like most things in life. Have an open mind, but realized it is still one man's views no matter how many books hes written.

I will be at the pasadena one since the company i work for will be sponsoring it.

I agree Coronel Grossman is quite a speaker. All of the scenarios he brought up are possible as they have happened in other countries, but it is impossible to predict if they will happen here, but September 11, 2001, was unexpected too.

It is a day well spent… I think anyone who attends will take something from the class, even if it just his methods to deal with stressful situations it is worthwhile. Much of what he covers is applicable in many situations, disasters, accidents, etc...

Last edited by HowardW56; 09-25-2012 at 2:02 PM..
Old 09-25-2012, 1:55 PM

Well, I signed up for the Sacto Event... The CCW discount was nice.
Old 09-27-2012, 6:24 PM

Default Thank you!

For all those who were able to attend, Thank you. PTR looks forward to seeing you at our other seminar series focused on Training, Advocacy and the 2nd Amendment.

We are coordinating additional one day seminars by guest speakers. These will be related to Emergency Combat First Aid, Legal Updates, 2A.

If you have recommendations for future topics and locations for our seminars, we would like to hear from you.

Our current schedule:
Oct 27, 2012 Pasadena - Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
Nov 17, 2012 San Jose - Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
Mar 9, Sacramento - Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

- Fred Watson
Director of Operations
sr.director@patriottraining.org
Patriot Training Resources
www.facebook.com/PatriotTrainingResources
www.patriottraining.org

Last edited by fcwatson; 09-27-2012 at 6:28 PM..
Old 11-18-2012, 6:32 PM
Calguns Addict

How many attended the San Jose seminar?

Opinions?