Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-01-2012, 1:58 PM
Librarian's Avatar
Librarian Librarian is offline
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Concord
Posts: 31,494
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Blog Entries: 6
Default Businesses/Governments that accomodate LTC

This thread is to identify and recognize the more forward-thinking businesses and city/county government locations that are LTC friendly.

The legalities are covered in the other thread; this thread addresses the behaviors of specific entities acting legally to recognize LTC.

Let us assume, with the current climate, that businesses and government facilities are LTC-hostile to some degree, whether or not there are signs posted. We don't need to hear about those - that's the default.

It seems there are three categories:
1) businesses that allow their employees to carry
2) businesses or government locations that post the equivalent of 'LTC Welcome Here'
3) businesses or government locations that DO NOT allow carry, but provide secure gun-check facilities for customers
Please add posts here when you confirm a new member of the reasonable group!

========

This is NOT a thread on whether one should or should not obey signs, nor is it about the legalities or wisdom of allowing/denying carry in a business.

Those questions are for a different thread, and have been hashed out several times; there remain differing views.


========

For example, see http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...3&postcount=13

That post indicates that Universal and Knott's are providing gun-check facilities. That whole thread is about Disneyland (California) providing the same, but there are some questions on consistency.
__________________
Calguns Wiki, Magazine Qs, Knife laws

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum - most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Heller was 2008. McDonald was 2010. Things started getting bad with GCA-1968.
It takes time to unwind 40 years of bad law.

Last edited by Librarian; 11-01-2012 at 2:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-07-2013, 9:47 PM
Yehosha's Avatar
Yehosha Yehosha is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 411
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I'm surprised no one has replied to this yet. Guess I'll be the first. This would be a category 2.

Camino Real Restaurante & Bar here in Bakersfield not only openly welcomes CCW holders but gives them a 15% discount on their food! Very smart business move if you ask me.
__________________
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-03-2013, 5:08 PM
dwalker34 dwalker34 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

There's also a website "friendorfoe.com" that provides an interactive capability that allows for updates as people go to various businesses, etc and find out what policies / practices / experiences are relative to 2A issues, with added specificity regarding open / concealed carry. Give it a shot... :-)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-29-2013, 1:51 PM
SoberClurichaun's Avatar
SoberClurichaun SoberClurichaun is offline
Senior Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Patterson
Posts: 1,337
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

I believe Bass Pro Shops would be category 3. I remember a buddy that worked there said they had to check guns in at the front.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-29-2013, 5:09 PM
cranemech's Avatar
cranemech cranemech is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: West Texas Oil Fields
Posts: 1,650
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberClurichaun View Post
I believe Bass Pro Shops would be category 3. I remember a buddy that worked there said they had to check guns in at the front.

I asked the employee manning the kiosk at the Bass Pro in Manteca about LTC holders having to check their guns. He said that Bass Pro does not require people with LTC's to check their firearms at the door.
__________________
"Stupid should hurt" - Armstrong and Getty show
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-09-2013, 12:02 PM
SoberClurichaun's Avatar
SoberClurichaun SoberClurichaun is offline
Senior Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Patterson
Posts: 1,337
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Thats the exact one he worked at also. My bad.
__________________
"The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny."
-Aesop's Fables The Wolf and the Lamb.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-30-2013, 10:59 AM
katranch's Avatar
katranch katranch is offline
Senior Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ontario Ka.
Posts: 1,243
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Come on all you CCWers, just ask when your out and about. Talk to the manager of the stores and restaurants you frequent. Home Depot, Lowes, K-Mart, Cosco, Turners, Sears, Dennys, and on and on. I am in the process of getting my permit, and once in hand I'll start reporting.
__________________

USS Bristol County LST 1198
Attack Squadron Seven...Mission-Assault
Gator Navy
VFW
American Legion
NRA

Cat herding by appt. only.- The crazy cat man.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-26-2013, 3:14 PM
fullmd's Avatar
fullmd fullmd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: inland empire, ca
Posts: 286
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Home depot official stance is to support whatever the local Laws are. So if legal your ok.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-31-2013, 11:02 PM
katranch's Avatar
katranch katranch is offline
Senior Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ontario Ka.
Posts: 1,243
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Was in a Big 5 a few day's ago, and I asked the girl that was helping me what the stores policy was pertaining to CCW. She didn't know what what that was, so after explaining to her, she said " you can't carry a gun in the store" . I asked if that was a corporate rule, and she said she wasn't sure, but would call them and ask. She came back and told me according to company policy, if I had a permit and a badge it was ok to carry, but the gun had to be unloaded. I wasn't sure what badge she had referred to, so I asked, and she said, one that says you have a permit. Does anyone here carry a badge ?
__________________

USS Bristol County LST 1198
Attack Squadron Seven...Mission-Assault
Gator Navy
VFW
American Legion
NRA

Cat herding by appt. only.- The crazy cat man.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-01-2014, 3:29 PM
Old_Bald_Guy's Avatar
Old_Bald_Guy Old_Bald_Guy is offline
Paleontological Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 2,124
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Uh, no. Except those members who are LEO's. Oh yeah, firefighters. People who carry so-called "CCW badges" are removed from the membership rolls forthwith.*

*That part isn't necessarily true, but it should be.
__________________
“Every reform movement has a lunatic fringe.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-01-2014, 6:53 PM
Old_Bald_Guy's Avatar
Old_Bald_Guy Old_Bald_Guy is offline
Paleontological Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 2,124
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

No state requires them. They're carried as an optional accessory by crazy people.
__________________
“Every reform movement has a lunatic fringe.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-28-2014, 4:42 PM
oops...'s Avatar
oops... oops... is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 142
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

This is a GREAT IDEA.... I am going to start asking here in Sacramento and posting the results!

Toy-R-Us, in Elk Grove, has a NO WEAPONS sign at the door, but I was told by Mgt, that was for open carry! Manager there is pro 2a and always looks to see if I have mine! Kind-of-a joke now! Cause he never knows where it is! Most of the time, shouldered and not detectable!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-24-2014, 3:09 PM
steadyrock's Avatar
steadyrock steadyrock is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 9,723
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Zenko Sushi in Mission Viejo.

28892 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, CA, 92692

Phone:
(949) 347-0844

Owner is a Calgunner (I believe), and the place is quite good and very gun friendly.
__________________
Do not give in to evil, but proceed ever more boldly against it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-24-2014, 3:10 PM
steadyrock's Avatar
steadyrock steadyrock is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 9,723
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Also, re: IKEA: if you've ever been in one of their stores you can see what a nightmare it would be to evacuate. I think carrying in there would be a wise idea given the store layout.
__________________
Do not give in to evil, but proceed ever more boldly against it.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-24-2014, 3:33 PM
Librarian's Avatar
Librarian Librarian is offline
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Concord
Posts: 31,494
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Please do remember, this thread is to point out the (from the CCW perspective) Good Guys.

__________________
Calguns Wiki, Magazine Qs, Knife laws

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum - most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Heller was 2008. McDonald was 2010. Things started getting bad with GCA-1968.
It takes time to unwind 40 years of bad law.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-24-2014, 4:35 PM
drinktothat421 drinktothat421 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 290
iTrader: 5 / 86%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katranch View Post
Was in a Big 5 a few day's ago, and I asked the girl that was helping me what the stores policy was pertaining to CCW. She didn't know what what that was, so after explaining to her, she said " you can't carry a gun in the store" . I asked if that was a corporate rule, and she said she wasn't sure, but would call them and ask. She came back and told me according to company policy, if I had a permit and a badge it was ok to carry, but the gun had to be unloaded. I wasn't sure what badge she had referred to, so I asked, and she said, one that says you have a permit. Does anyone here carry a badge ?
Just a though. If the girl said you could not carry in big 5. Would you then not carry in their store? Or would you just go about your business and carry because you are a legal ccw holder and big 5 corporate is not a law maker? I'm sure most businesses Would prefer no guns in their stores for insurance and public option purposes. I agrees it would be nice you know who allows carry. But it is concealed and should not matter correct?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-31-2014, 3:23 PM
glock21sf glock21sf is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Orange County
Posts: 158
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Omega Burgers with locations in Bellflower and Lakewood supports the 2nd Amendment and is LTC friendly. Great food, clean place and good service.

16310 Bellflower Blvd.
Bellflower, CA 90706

11790 Del Amo Blvd.
Lakewood, CA 90715
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-06-2014, 9:40 PM
Jeep67cj5's Avatar
Jeep67cj5 Jeep67cj5 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: San Bernardino County
Posts: 573
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

Very good info
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-07-2014, 11:50 PM
1st Generation Gun Owner 1st Generation Gun Owner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 100
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops... View Post
This is a GREAT IDEA.... I am going to start asking here in Sacramento and posting the results!

Toy-R-Us, in Elk Grove, has a NO WEAPONS sign at the door, but I was told by Mgt, that was for open carry! Manager there is pro 2a and always looks to see if I have mine! Kind-of-a joke now! Cause he never knows where it is! Most of the time, shouldered and not detectable!
Necropost, but I gotta say: Get it in writing! If there's a sign that says no, without mentioning exceptions, and you don't have anything in writing, then what do you expect the company to do if some controversy comes up?
"We don't have any exceptions like that. We never said that. The sign clearly states no weapons."
Then you get to be a lying gun nut carrying a gun in a children's toy store!

Sorry about the bad waves, Librarian.
On a positive note, I saw an ad for a beginner's handgun class in an old learningexchange.com ad booklet. Not quite what was asked for....

Friendorfoe.com isn't working for me. There is a friendorfoe.us.
__________________
1st Generation Gun Owner
After all the times I've been wrong when I thought something was illegal, I sure hope I'm right when I think something's legal!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Wadedeeper Wadedeeper is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 27
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I have a question though...if concealed carry means "Concealed" then why would we go around asking random workers if they allow LTC at their facility? I mean it'd be great if businesses advertised it, but honestly I'll never ask because it would only serve to draw attention to myself that I don't want.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-12-2014, 12:32 PM
Old_Bald_Guy's Avatar
Old_Bald_Guy Old_Bald_Guy is offline
Paleontological Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 2,124
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Asking is just asking for a stupefied look and an eventual "no." Wanna know if a business has a policy? Look for a sign. No sign, no policy.
__________________
“Every reform movement has a lunatic fringe.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-12-2014, 12:54 PM
71MUSTY's Avatar
71MUSTY 71MUSTY is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,248
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinktothat421 View Post
Just a though. If the girl said you could not carry in big 5. Would you then not carry in their store? Or would you just go about your business and carry because you are a legal ccw holder and big 5 corporate is not a law maker? I'm sure most businesses Would prefer no guns in their stores for insurance and public option purposes. I agrees it would be nice you know who allows carry. But it is concealed and should not matter correct?
I'd carry anyway, but next time I see someone in there with a badge I'm going to tell him he has to unload or leave. LOL
__________________
Why is it the guys who really know how to fix this country's problems spend all their time fixing old cars?

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-25-2014, 8:14 PM
USMC_SgtMaj's Avatar
USMC_SgtMaj USMC_SgtMaj is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Plumas County
Posts: 32
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I have never seen a business where I live that has a "No firearms" sign. But then again I live in Plumas County.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-11-2014, 3:13 PM
Sheik_Yerbutay Sheik_Yerbutay is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 187
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

My wife and I recently attended a concert at the Shrine Auditorium and I was carrying IWB (downtown LA so I felt the need). Upon getting to the entrance I saw security wanding everyone before scanning their ticket. I quickly pulled out my CCW and showed it to the supervisor who nodded and let me through even though the wand went off.

Nothing else was said between us other than "have a nice show!"
__________________
Member of NRA, CGF, SAF and NAGR
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-21-2014, 11:21 PM
shortround1's Avatar
shortround1 shortround1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Capital Wasteland
Posts: 660
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

The more you guys ask business owners/management about ccw, the more "no guns" signs you will see pop up in the future. It will end up hurting more than helping.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-22-2014, 9:45 AM
Cali-Shooter's Avatar
Cali-Shooter Cali-Shooter is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Orange County
Posts: 8,999
iTrader: 71 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortround1 View Post
The more you guys ask business owners/management about ccw, the more "no guns" signs you will see pop up in the future. It will end up hurting more than helping.
I disagree with your viewpoint, because the worst a business can do is post a "No guns" sign and enforce that policy in that business, but that carries no force of law behind it.

It simply means, if it is legal to carry concealed (with a CCW license or not) in a given state, and a privately owned establishment decides to have a No Guns policy, that does not make it illegal to continue to CCW in that establishment, because you are not violating the law in doing so, just that particular establishment's policy. If they discover that you are CCWing, the worst they can legally do is ask you to leave. If you refuse however, then they can call the cops for you trespassing on their property.

CCW has become more popular now than ever before and this means changing the anti-gun sediment in this country. To draw the line of pro or anti-LTC businesses is another way to see who stands clearly in this fight for our rights. How do you test the waters if you don't swim? There are no losses in simply asking.
__________________
In Glock We Trust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep7081
My wife sleeps better knowing we have a zombie killer... Saiga AK47! Although my neighbor with his AR has restless nights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksandreCz View Post
Thank god the Federal Government is there to protect us from the Federal Government
WTS: Revision 'Desert Locust' tactical Ballistic/Protective eyewear goggles NEW & USED pairs
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=737563
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-24-2014, 10:57 PM
Librarian's Avatar
Librarian Librarian is offline
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Concord
Posts: 31,494
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Blog Entries: 6
Default

This is a 'good news' thread about California businesses.

Info on other states is off topic. Posts about 'no guns' policies are off topic.
__________________
Calguns Wiki, Magazine Qs, Knife laws

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum - most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Heller was 2008. McDonald was 2010. Things started getting bad with GCA-1968.
It takes time to unwind 40 years of bad law.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-29-2014, 5:05 PM
Gomphe Gomphe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 228
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

For those who need chiropractic help, Dr. Tony Potters on Emerald Oak Drive (just off of Elk Grove Blvd.) has no problems with CCW holders. In fact, I just found this fact out this afternoon when I went in to get adjusted.

Normally, I discreetly remove my carry gun and hide it in my jacket before placing it on a chair. However, I normally do not remove my spare magazine because it is not noticeable or in the way when I get adjusted. This time, he noticed my spare magazine when he was adjusting my hip.

To my surprise (well I shouldn't be because I've only been going to him for like the past 5 years and he knows me well), he took the fact that I was carrying in stride and even told me that he had no problems with good citizens having a LTC. In fact, given the recent events, he indicated that he feels more secured knowing that there is an armed citizen as a patient in his clinic. And if I had to rate this business into the given 3 categories, I would have to say that this office falls into Category 1.

So there you have it folks. Next time you need an adjustment, go see Dr. Potter. He will take care of you and not freak out from the fact that you are armed. By the way, I would still exercise the usual discretion and courtesy by removing your gun before Dr. Potter comes into your room for your adjustment.

Dr. Tony J. Potter
9632 Emerald Oak Drive
Elk Grove, CA 95624
(916) 685-1234

- Gomphe

Last edited by Gomphe; 12-29-2014 at 5:08 PM.. Reason: Added catagory level
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-29-2014, 6:29 PM
Bainter1212's Avatar
Bainter1212 Bainter1212 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,692
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomphe View Post
For those who need chiropractic help, Dr. Tony Potters on Emerald Oak Drive (just off of Elk Grove Blvd.) has no problems with CCW holders. In fact, I just found this fact out this afternoon when I went in to get adjusted.

Normally, I discreetly remove my carry gun and hide it in my jacket before placing it on a chair. However, I normally do not remove my spare magazine because it is not noticeable or in the way when I get adjusted. This time, he noticed my spare magazine when he was adjusting my hip.

To my surprise (well I shouldn't be because I've only been going to him for like the past 5 years and he knows me well), he took the fact that I was carrying in stride and even told me that he had no problems with good citizens having a LTC. In fact, given the recent events, he indicated that he feels more secured knowing that there is an armed citizen as a patient in his clinic. And if I had to rate this business into the given 3 categories, I would have to say that this office falls into Category 1.

So there you have it folks. Next time you need an adjustment, go see Dr. Potter. He will take care of you and not freak out from the fact that you are armed. By the way, I would still exercise the usual discretion and courtesy by removing your gun before Dr. Potter comes into your room for your adjustment.

Dr. Tony J. Potter
9632 Emerald Oak Drive
Elk Grove, CA 95624
(916) 685-1234

- Gomphe
Wow, good to know. I usually stash my gun in my truck before my adjustment. I will try this guy out.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-29-2014, 7:45 PM
Gomphe Gomphe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 228
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainter1212 View Post
Wow, good to know. I usually stash my gun in my truck before my adjustment. I will try this guy out.
He's a great guy and I've been going to him for years. I hope you get the same great experience as I did. Let me know how he works out for you. I am hoping that his comfort with LTC individuals goes beyond his personal knowledge of me.

- Gomphe
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-29-2014, 7:56 PM
IEChuck IEChuck is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Highland
Posts: 52
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadedeeper View Post
I have a question though...if concealed carry means "Concealed" then why would we go around asking random workers if they allow LTC at their facility? I mean it'd be great if businesses advertised it, but honestly I'll never ask because it would only serve to draw attention to myself that I don't want.
X2.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-23-2015, 4:12 PM
vhfan2u vhfan2u is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

There should be more businesses that welcome CCW holders. There should be signs or notes on there website.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-11-2015, 1:31 PM
zomgwtfbbq's Avatar
zomgwtfbbq zomgwtfbbq is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 267
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

If anyone of you enjoy vapeing in the woodland hills area. You are more welcome to come in to our shop. Hidden vape. carry on! Too bad I dont have LTC. I envy you guys lol.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-19-2015, 10:51 PM
repo4sale's Avatar
repo4sale repo4sale is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 92658&96815
Posts: 1,487
iTrader: 35 / 95%
Default www.friendorfoe.us

Welcome to the Friend or Foe web site. This site serves the gun owner community by listing the experiences people have while out and about carrying a firearm for self protection. Individuals across the country use the site to share experiences visiting various places of business for the benefit of the entire gun owner community. Gun owners who Open Carry are especially encouraged to share their experiences as they are obviously more inclined to get a genuine feel for whether gun owners are welcome at the establishment. Those who prefer to carry concealed can help by adding ratings for businesses that they know are friendly or unfriendly, and also by adding ratings for places that are posted with “no guns” or “no weapons” signage. If you are a gun owner, consider sharing the experiences you have while carrying with those that live nearby. Simply click on the Map menu item above, and you might find others have already added some ratings in your area. If not, use the Add Rating link to quickly add your experiences with local businesses in your area.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalker34 View Post
There's also a website "friendorfoe.com" that provides an interactive capability that allows for updates as people go to various businesses, etc and find out what policies / practices / experiences are relative to 2A issues, with added specificity regarding open / concealed carry. Give it a shot... :-)
__________________
Calling 911 is for Victims!
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-jason-chun/12/270/860
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-19-2015, 11:14 PM
repo4sale's Avatar
repo4sale repo4sale is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 92658&96815
Posts: 1,487
iTrader: 35 / 95%
Default 54,700 = 2013 of 36 million have CCW's (:-(

55,000 CCWs in California. We are less than 2% of the State's Population.
So as we get to 1 million, I think our #s will warrant the "red carpet" or "Welcome LTC/CCW" sign.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013ccw.JPG (74.9 KB, 368 views)
__________________
Calling 911 is for Victims!
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-jason-chun/12/270/860
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-20-2015, 12:17 AM
steadyrock's Avatar
steadyrock steadyrock is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 9,723
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhfan2u View Post
There should be more businesses that welcome CCW holders. There should be signs or notes on there website.
For a majority of businesses that would be shooting themselves in the foot, pardon the pun. You and I would like it, but the amount of business they risk losing by advertising that their patrons are probably armed would outweigh the occasional dude who would go there for that reason.

Personally I take the lack of a "no weapons" sign to mean the business is pro-carry.
__________________
Do not give in to evil, but proceed ever more boldly against it.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-07-2015, 10:13 AM
alqpoe alqpoe is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I'm Al from American Fastening Systems in Oxnard, Ca
We mainly sell all types of nails, staples, and tools for construction, agriculture, and industrial packaging.
Ask for Al for a 20% discount on Benchmade knives or 10% off everything else with a CCW permit or an application for a CCW(approved or not)
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-07-2015, 1:21 PM
gwolff gwolff is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 259
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by repo4sale View Post
55,000 CCWs in California. We are less than 2% of the State's Population.
So as we get to 1 million, I think our #s will warrant the "red carpet" or "Welcome LTC/CCW" sign.


Uhh... to clarify... 55,000 CCW holders out of a population of 36 million is not only less than 2%, its less than 0.2%. It's 0.15%

Essentially 3 people out of every 2000 have a CCW

To get to 1 million we will have to increase CCW issuance by almost 20x.. that would be awesome
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-09-2015, 10:49 PM
CenterX's Avatar
CenterX CenterX is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sleep North SFO Bay
Posts: 1,466
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortround1 View Post
The more you guys ask business owners/management about ccw, the more "no guns" signs you will see pop up in the future. It will end up hurting more than helping.
In my limited experience in life - you have an excellent observation.

When not posted in opposition, then presume - okay.

When posted in opposition, it is after all concealed - the chance is yours to take.

Don't ask don't tell.

Either presume okay or be paranoid and presume not okay.
__________________

- Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Volunteer LDW
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-12-2015, 1:42 PM
Ari_Gold Ari_Gold is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Roseville
Posts: 115
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Andrew here, owner of BoxCar CrossFit in Roseville CA. If anyone is looking for a veteran owned powerlifting / olympic lifting / CrossFit gym that is 2A friendly come check us out! (FYI my partner is the vet, not me!)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:37 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.