Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 10-28-2012, 6:31 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Dillon Customer Service

I called Dillon about the primer problem that I was having and they said it might be a problem with either the spring or the arm that advances the shell plate so they will send out new items right away, which they did. It really is nice to see a customer that really stands behind their products, I know they have the "No BS lifetime warranty" but to shave them use it in a no questions asked manner is pretty cool, Way to go Dillon!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=634243
Old 10-28-2012, 7:07 AM

Did you already get the parts? I've only needed customer service once but from my experience and what I've read online they tend to send you more parts than you need, or even asked for. Curious if it was the same with you.
Old 10-28-2012, 8:14 AM
Banned

Their CS is second to none. All CS should be so good. I only buy Dillon because of the CS and their great products.
Old 10-28-2012, 8:24 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horton Fenty View Post
Did you already get the parts? I've only needed customer service once but from my experience and what I've read online they tend to send you more parts than you need, or even asked for. Curious if it was the same with you.
They didn't send me more than I asked; however, they did send me what we discussed. I called them on Tuesday and received the package in a padded envelope on Saturday.
Old 10-28-2012, 9:41 AM
Veteran Member

Dillon's customer service is the best. I bought a used 650 press, it was missing a few parts. I visit Scottsdale frequently, so I stopped in their store front and began ordering the parts. I was given the parts for free. I explained that I was not the original purchaser and the parts were missing not broken. My explanation was of no consequence, I was given the parts. I don't know of any other business that would give such support to their product. I wish Dillon would manufacter and sell cars.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyD View Post
Dillon's customer service is the best. I bought a used 650 press, it was missing a few parts. I visit Scottsdale frequently, so I stopped in their store front and began ordering the parts. I was given the parts for free. I explained that I was not the original purchaser and the parts were missing not broken. My explanation was of no consequence, I was given the parts. I don't know of any other business that would give such support to their product. I wish Dillon would manufacter and sell cars.
Had the same things happen with Hornady. Bought a rusted up beaten 3 digit serialized Lock-n-Load AP from a calgunner who never used it and had it out in the rain on his patio. It was an old projector model. I called Hornady and told then I wanted to send it in to them to update and give it a tune up fully expecting to pay for it. They told me to go ahead and send it in and fixed and updated it to the latest model for free and sent it back.

I had a XL650 and have experienced Dillons CS as well, great people. Dillon and Hornady are really stepping it up.
Old 10-28-2012, 1:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyD View Post
I have owned two 650's in my lifetime. The first was mounted to a sheet of wood that got slid off my bench and landed upside down all my own doing. I called to order the smashed and broken parts and they said "make a list and we will send them to you". I said yeah but this was my fault I want to BUY them and they refused to allow me to pay.

On a second 550 press I had a double charge that again I did and it was my mistake. It shook me up so bad I called to order a 650 and told them the story (650 allows a powder check 550 does not). They said they would swap it out for the difference in price. Wow! I was floored!

Dillon is the best in the world and has my lifetime support.
Old 10-29-2012, 6:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horton Fenty View Post
I had that happen, sent an email and asked for a part number I could not find for a part for a die. They gave me the part number and when I ordered they added a whole bunch of small parts to my order. Was a little shocked when I opened the package.
Old 10-29-2012, 6:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
I have owned two 650's in my lifetime. The first was mounted to a sheet of wood that got slid off my bench and landed upside down all my own doing. I called to order the smashed and broken parts and they said "make a list and we will send them to you". I said yeah but this was my fault I want to BUY them and they refused to allow me to pay.
You have a thread somewhere with pics about this story yes? If not there's a guy who did the same thing, dropped it onto the floor. Case feeder all busted to hell and everything, Dillon refused to let him pay for anything.
Old 10-29-2012, 7:05 AM

Was at the Dillon store on Friday. The great customer service attitude is something all businesses can learn from.
Old 10-29-2012, 7:10 AM

I have an old 550 from the late 80's and called to get a new primer bar that had worn a bit, they not only sent me a new one free but included all the parts to update it to 550B status for FREE. They are indeed the best!
Old 11-26-2012, 5:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Dillons customer service is as good as their loading machines!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 5:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffLinder View Post
I have an old 550 from the late 80's and called to get a new primer bar that had worn a bit, they not only sent me a new one free but included all the parts to update it to 550B status for FREE. They are indeed the best!
They did the exact same thing for me!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearstatearmory.com View Post
I called Dillon about the primer problem that I was having and they said it might be a problem with either the spring or the arm that advances the shell plate so they will send out new items right away, which they did. It really is nice to see a customer that really stands behind their products, I know they have the "No BS lifetime warranty" but to shave them use it in a no questions asked manner is pretty cool, Way to go Dillon!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=634243

ive had the same problem, replaced same parts.....if it starts happening again try streching the spring.....per dillon cs...
Old 11-26-2012, 5:55 PM

Got my .223 dies last week and discovered the charge rod for my 550B would not work with the "fail safe" setup. Called them last week and was informed that my style rod was replaced 11-12 years ago. Shipped me the new rod N/C and it was waiting for me when I got home from work this evening. I've had my Dillon for 21 years, and couldn't be happier with the rig and the follow up after the sale from Dillon.

Now if my CTS case trimmer would get here I'd be GTG.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:40 PM

What primer problem were you having issues with, I had a few with the primer disc not advancing properly. Dillon ended up sending me a new primer assembly after new arms and springs didn't correct the problem...
Old 11-27-2012, 3:32 AM

Yep that's why we all buy Dillon!
Old 11-27-2012, 6:53 PM
Veteran Member

wish they made water heaters. anyone who knows, knows exactly what i'm talking about....
Old 11-28-2012, 5:49 PM

I requested a new seating die for my dillon sdb today cause I was having issues with my sdb... Without hesitation they asked for my info, and they will ship it out to tomorrow. +1 for dillons customers service.
Old 11-28-2012, 8:15 PM

I bought my first Dillon 550B in early 1987 while in college and started reloading in the space under my bed after raising it up like a bunk bed. I am still using that same machine today as well as a second 550B I bought about 10 years ago. Dillon has ALWAYS had phenomenal CS and that's why they're still at it today. Several times over the years I have received items "no questions asked" just as the OP did, for issues caused by my failure. Bottom line, even with the freebies and great CS, this equipment is nearly impossible to wear out!

I would not have any other progressive press on my bench.
Old 11-28-2012, 8:47 PM

my next press is going to be another dillon [; im looking into a 550! hopefully in a year or two.